Paypal - Flash Objects - tracking of PayPal via flash objects - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 09-10-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

No, it would not flag you. It's best to use Firefox, anyway, as it seems to be better at cleaning cookies and such.
What I would recommend is that you have a separate Windows login account for each eBay/PP account you have. That way you wouldn't necessarily have to clear your cache, cookies and such each time, as they would only be used for that particular login.
Leaving the Flash Cookies is somewhat beneficial to you as it helps identify you, and may prevent the need for further verification of your account.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-10-2008 at 12:22 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Alright, I ran tests on 3 different accounts today. All these accounts are in their first week of selling and were over 3 months old. All these accounts were accessed using a brand new separate windows login account and firefox.

The first account was limited as soon as I logged in. They said they detected unusual credit card activity...blah blah. I called in and the lady told me it was a mistake on their end and my limitation was immediately raised.

The second account was fine. I surfed around for awhile to give Paypal a chance to mess with me. No limitations resulted.

The third account was fine. I surfed around for awhile and invoiced people, etc. Right after I logged off I checked my email and I was JUST limited for "suspicious activity". So I signed back into Paypal. When I clicked on the limitation link, there was no checklist anywhere to remove the limitation. I called and was put on hold for a lengthy period of time and told they would have to get back with me.

So, I still have 2 out of 3 accounts running ok.

1 in limbo

Any suggestions on the one in Limbo?
Old 09-29-2008

Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron
Question Tracking via cookies and or IP address

I have been using ebay and paypal now for the past 3 years and I have been living in Thailand.I use a notebook and connect via wifi router with an ADSL line. I have never had any accounts linked via IP or cookies even though I use all the accounts from the same computer? And I have been a very bad boy as far as ebay (vero)is concerned. I have only recently started using firefox and clearing the cookies and personal data. Now does anyone have any idea why I have not had these accounts linked? Is it because I use an ADSL connection ? Is it because I am in Asia ? There must be something to this , as I hear from everyone else that if you use the same computer to log into different accounts you will be linked right away. I have had dozens of accounts and never had any linked ? Any explanation ?
Old 09-29-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Flash cookies & separate User Accounts

I use Firefox and it is set to delete all LSO's and Private data every time I close the application. Are LSO's Flash Cookies? Also, I have set up separate User Accounts on my Mac - one for each eBay/Paypal account that I am going to set up. If I make sure that I always navigate any eBay/PAYPAL account from their appropriate User Account should I not worry about cookies too much? If so, Separate User accounts seem like totally the way to go. They are easy to set up and access and I have named them the same name that I will use for my eBay/PAYPAL ID's. Now the only thing I have to remember is to get a new IP every time I go from one account to another - right?
Old 09-29-2008

jesseinkaron, It could be that eBay/PP is less restrictive in "smaller" foreign countries.

Brendaleigh, Right. It's best to keep track of IPs, as well as other information, in a spreadsheet. Do a search of the forum for "Excel", if you want more information.
Old 10-07-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Is it enough to just "switch" over to another user or is it necessary to completely log out of the one user acct prior to signing in to another user acct?
Old 10-07-2008

I did a clean install earlier this year and have never loaded adobe flash and I've done a search through the directories and using the search function for *.sol files and can't find any.

However when I've read the websites detailing about flash cookies they say things like Youtube use it and the videos won't run if you don't have it or refuse the cookies.

Have I missed something or is fine to run windows/iexplorer without it (meaning websites won't crash or refuse to run that are expecting it)?
Old 10-07-2008

brokebackebay, While it could be done, simply switching to a new user account won't change your IP. I think it would be best to change your IP, shut down or restart the computer, log into your other user account, check the IP and compare it to the previous one and then log into your eBay/PP account.

Barford, your web browser could have installed the Flash plugin when it was installed.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 10-07-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaleigh View Post
I use Firefox and it is set to delete all LSO's and Private data every time I close the application. Are LSO's Flash Cookies? Also, I have set up separate User Accounts on my Mac - one for each eBay/Paypal account that I am going to set up. If I make sure that I always navigate any eBay/PAYPAL account from their appropriate User Account should I not worry about cookies too much? If so, Separate User accounts seem like totally the way to go. They are easy to set up and access and I have named them the same name that I will use for my eBay/PAYPAL ID's. Now the only thing I have to remember is to get a new IP every time I go from one account to another - right?
Hi Brenda,

Please advise how you have managed to set FireFox to delete all LSO's.

I have looked but I can't find any way to make that happen automatically.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
brokebackebay, While it could be done, simply switching to a new user account won't change your IP. I think it would be best to change your IP, shut down or restart the computer, log into your other user account, check the IP and compare it to the previous one and then log into your eBay/PP account.
If one can get a different IP address some other way (like rebooting the router), is it really necessary to restart the computer when one wants to go to another User Account?
Old 10-10-2008

Firefox won't delete Flash LSOs. That's why Modee recommends using Obsession.
As long as you double check to make sure the IP has changed, you should be fine. I, personally, would reboot as an added precaution. That way you've cleared out the RAM, as well. After all, it only takes less than a minute.
Old 10-12-2008

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via Yahoo to thakid212

So will deleting flash cookies raise red flags with paypal & ebay

and if not whats the best way to do it?
Old 03-07-2009
Banned

Longevity: 89%

use one user account in windows for 1 ebay and paypal that is safe ways
Old 07-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariusvc View Post
use one user account in windows for 1 ebay and paypal that is safe ways
That is a very, very good idea, thanks
Old 08-03-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
No, it would not flag you. It's best to use Firefox, anyway, as it seems to be better at cleaning cookies and such.
What I would recommend is that you have a separate Windows login account for each eBay/PP account you have. That way you wouldn't necessarily have to clear your cache, cookies and such each time, as they would only be used for that particular login.
Leaving the Flash Cookies is somewhat beneficial to you as it helps identify you, and may prevent the need for further verification of your account.
This might not be good for you if they can really identify by what computer you use now so it would all be the same thing anyways so no need to make new windows user accounts...?

This is a good website to keep track and delete your cookies: Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Privacy Settings panel

but not sure if it would show your ebay cookies...someone check it out and let me know!
Old 08-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

1) CCleaner CCleaner - Home
2) Better Privacy Firefox Add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6623
3) ???
4) Profit
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 07-15-2011

Longevity: 74%

Absolutely the same thing , which happened to ALPHAVERSA, happened to me. As soon as my sales grew up in dramatically in four weeks, they asked me to give them copy of my ID, then change all of my passwords. Then, a week later i was suspended for a week and they told me that the item i am selling is Vero( i believe only , because i start selling a lot from it), even that there are plenty of sellers selling it, absolutely the same way i did. I am trying to get back on track now, but i am confused how to list the same item again without getting caught.
Old 07-17-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffstyle View Post
Absolutely the same thing , which happened to ALPHAVERSA, happened to me. As soon as my sales grew up in dramatically in four weeks, they asked me to give them copy of my ID, then change all of my passwords. Then, a week later i was suspended for a week and they told me that the item i am selling is Vero( i believe only , because i start selling a lot from it), even that there are plenty of sellers selling it, absolutely the same way i did. I am trying to get back on track now, but i am confused how to list the same item again without getting caught.

have you ever ridden tutorial they gave you ?? It requires you to answer few question. If you would read it Youd know that if somebody is still selling items which are vero means that ebay didnt spot him yet or didnt get call from vero member selected by the company who may not be sure about authenticity of an item or just simply didnt notice listing yet :P If your item has been removed means its vero and thats it .. if you will keep relisting you may soon loose an account. if you have good feedback next step they will block you for 30days etc... and then the will susp u . If you want to sell vero find a pattern or - the best option ...stop ! thats the easiest way to fu$# up everything including freeedom..
Old 07-18-2011

Longevity: 74%

It is strange because, the way i was listing was no different from other competitors selling it. I think it was the quick increase of the volume i was selling, which alerted them. I am trying to cool it down now with some other stuff, but i will go for it again very soon. i've checked that the Manufacurer is not on the list of Vero program members. Does anybody knows how the Feebay bots read the Title and the description?
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 75%

i have multiple computer user accounts and keep my cookies so ebay and PP will know and recognize the accounts i log in... good idea?
Old 09-23-2011

Longevity: 76%

CCleaner is all you need
Old 09-30-2011

Longevity: 73%

Has anyone seen what is inside an EB/PP .lso file and what info they are gathering? that would expain alot