if I buy a new router will my ip address change? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 07-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default if I buy a new router will my ip address change?

I'm on my last step in finishing my eBay account. I've created a new eBay and paypal account at a local library, but I can't long on at home until I change my ip address. I've tried unplugging the modem but that didn't work because I'm connected to a linksys wireless-g router. I then tried to log onto my routers URL page at http://191.168.1.1 when I get the message box to enter my username and password, I input admin as the password but nothing happens. I'm all out of ideas, my last step is to get dial up even if it is very slow. However, if I buy a new router from the store, will I get a new ip address? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I would suggest resetting your router and seeing if you can login then. I wouldn't go buy a new one if the one you have works fine.
Old 07-20-2008

Longevity: 96%

I have road runner high speed and it will not change IP with a new router, modem or anything.

I shut everything down for 4 days and got a new IP because the CS rep told me Road Runner changes IP if you do not connect at random times.

I got lucky and hit the right day.

Everything depends on your service.
Old 07-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Did you try changing the Mac Address?
Old 07-20-2008
Threadstarter  

I wasn't able to change my mac address, because I couldn't get passed the router log in page. Its my father in laws router and they are gone on vacation for the week. I tried to input "admin" in the password box and nothing happened, it just kept asking for my username and password. I just order a landline service to be installed, but they cant come out until thursday, so I will be taking the safe route and using dial up.
Old 07-20-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

try admin/admin

also look up router passwords

Default Router Passwords - The internets most comprehensive router password database
Default Password List
Old 07-21-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendyxpressions View Post
I wasn't able to change my mac address, because I couldn't get passed the router log in page. Its my father in laws router and they are gone on vacation for the week. I tried to input "admin" in the password box and nothing happened, it just kept asking for my username and password. I just order a landline service to be installed, but they cant come out until thursday, so I will be taking the safe route and using dial up.
These a reset button on back of the router u will need a ink pin to push it in do this for 30 secs and everything is back to defualt and then u can log into the router useing admin
Old 07-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I heard somewhere that buying a new house will change your IP address too.
Old 07-21-2008

yeah i suggested that, apprently 1 guy did this hehehe
Old 07-21-2008

I never knew buying a new router changed your ip, i always thought it was your isp ???
Old 07-21-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2414 View Post
I never knew buying a new router changed your ip, i always thought it was your isp ???
its cause a new router would have a new mac address which changes the ip but the ip from the modem stays the same no matter what the router just changes it
Old 01-11-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 42%
Default Re: if I buy a new router will my ip address change?

Hello everyone it's a pleasure to have found this forum. During Christmas eBay linked my daughter account to my account she is 18 years old and she sold her cellphone on eBay and a month later the guy filed a dispute and being irresponsible she didn't follow up and attend to the matter and that was the end of my eBay life....so I thought until I stopped crying picked myself up and took to google I figured it was a high probability I was not the first that something like this has happened to. Between google and you tube I found this forum and read everything that I could find and I must say you guys ROCK. I hate flying blind or being a crash dummy. Lol after reading the information here I realized that I was going to crash and burn at some point anyway because of the way I was selling and withdrawing money from PayPal. I lost everything meaning EBay and PayPal with 1,000 still in the account that I can get in 180 days. I am aware this may sound crazy and stupid but now knowing what I know now I feel more in control of my destiny.YES I also purchased the book because of the forum. Soon as I purchased the book I started reading because I still had some questions and concerns and I still do but I know that I'm in the right place. I love the old saying give a man fish and he can eat for a day teach a man to fish and he can eat forever and here you can definitely eat forever. Thanks a million
Old 01-11-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

I actually came to the post because I had a question about if I buy a modem and a router will my IP address change because I have tried weeks to change it with no success. I forgot about the question at hand and wanted to give thanks sorry about the rambling it just all came pouring out.
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by one shot one kill View Post
I actually came to the post because I had a question about if I buy a modem and a router will my IP address change because I have tried weeks to change it with no success. I forgot about the question at hand and wanted to give thanks sorry about the rambling it just all came pouring out.
In most cases all you really need to do is change the Modem, should be enough.
Old 01-12-2017

One of the most foolproof ways to get a solid new IP. But there are easier ways!
Old 01-12-2017

Longevity: 48%

Changing the modem has always worked for me. I told my isp that my modem was not functioning properly and they just had me drop it off and pick up a new one at the location near my home. Another time I just unhooked isp modem and purchased my own. New IP each time.
Old 01-12-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Ok thank you everyone