eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Being tracked down by eBay through a closed bank account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/7675-being-tracked-down-ebay-through-closed-bank-account.html)

fastfire667 10-18-2008 03:22 PM

Being tracked down by eBay through a closed bank account?

I posted this in the ebay fees section a few days ago and haven't gotten any response. I am worried by the low amount of traffic to that forum so I was hoping by reposting here I might be able to get a response. Thanks guys!

Hi All,
First post hear, have been a lurker for months, bought the eBay stealth book a couple months ago and it is FANTASTIC exactly what I needed. My question regards to paying eBay fees. Using the Stelath book I oppened up a new ebay/Paypal account. I created a new Windows user to create accounts, used new IP, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address (well address was real, for a taco bell), new prepaid cell phone number, New prepaid debit card... The whole deal. Everything on my account is completely unlinkable to me with one exception... my bank account. Obviously I opened a new checking account to use with Paypal, but the checking account is still in my real name with my real contact info. I have heard of many people stiffing eBay fees and I am considering this. I have racked up about $800 in fees in under 30 days and due time is near approaching. What I would like to do is just open up a new account and start over to avoid fees. On a previosuly suspended account, I just didn't pay my fees but after a few months the ebay fees were taken out of my checking account via paypal even though my paypal was suspended. So can I just close my checking account and open a new one? My checking account is the only way they could possibly find out who I really am. I have been researching hard to find an answer but haven't come up with one, but is it possible for eBay/Paypal/collection agencies to contact my bank and get my contact info from them? Can they do this even if the checking account has been closed? I am not worried about them withdrawing the fees from my checking account, because I will have already closed it by the time they attempt to withdraw the money. What I AM worried about is them getting my real info from my bank and sending me to collections for the fees. But if they can't get my contact info from my bank... Opening a new account and starting over is a very tempting proposition

Oh and a couple of more random notes....
*My bank is WAMU
*The name I have listed in my paypal for what the name on my bank account is not my real name. It is the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name used to create my ebay/paypal accounts.

Sorry for the long post and thank you guys for your help!

~Brandon

Here We Go Again 10-18-2008 05:15 PM

If your paypal account and your eBay account was suspended for a "few months" why did you not close the bank account?

If one of my Paypal accounts gets locked with a ZERO balance I just walk away and close the bank account the next day.
Done... Next.

fastfire667 10-18-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 62349)
If your paypal account and your eBay account was suspended for a "few months" why did you not close the bank account?

If one of my Paypal accounts gets locked with a ZERO balance I just walk away and close the bank account the next day.
Done... Next.

I already closed the bank account. That didn't answer my question though... Can I be tracked down to pay my fees from ebay/Paypal/collections by them contacting my bank to get my contact info from the clsoed bank account? Obviously even though I closed the bank account, I'm sure my bank still has some record of it.

Here We Go Again 10-18-2008 07:44 PM

If you are located in the USA......
My best guess would be no.
Not unless eBay/Paypal has a court order to force your bank to release private banking records.

Please go into your "User CP" and place your country in your location.