Transitioning from an old clunky stealth Windows XP to Windows 8 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 07-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Transitioning from an old clunky stealth Windows XP to Windows 8

Thinking about getting rid of my old Windows XP. Kind of slow, it’s a 2007 Dell D620. Thinking of getting that Yoga tablet, maybe the cheapest one with SSD. The thing is, when I switch user accounts, can you just switch it by typing the user account ID? I have about 70 accounts on my Windows XP right now, and I just type in say Account001, Account002 as the User account ID etc etc to switch accounts, and then boom, it loads up. Do Windows 8 force you to have a password for each account? I don’t feel like typing in a password all the time just to switch accounts. I’m wondering if I can do this with the new Lenovo much faster? Especially with SSD. Also, how do you transition with all the cookies that were in my Windows XP? Do you just start going in and out of accounts with both computers with the same IP until you gradually not use the old computer? Thanks for any input.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Transitioning from an old clunky stealth Windows XP to Windows 8

you can make a local account on windows 8 and you have the option not to put passwords. cookie wise, you have to start from fresh and build cookies on your new machine imo.
Old 07-30-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 61%

I see. So I should go in and out of accounts in both computers just so that that eBay and paypal will get used to me being the same person in both computers I am thinking? This Windows XP computer is getting way too clunky.
Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 51%

omg from a windows xp to windows 8.1 and ssd. your boot time would be amazingly fast. It takes literally only 10 seconds or less for me to start up my computer and log into a user. but yes for each new username you're going to have to build cookies again. and also you don't have to set a password for the usernames. so you should be fine going in and out of accounts.
Old 08-15-2015
Banned

Speed improvements of SSD and Windows 8 is definitely awesome.

Old 08-15-2015

Longevity: 53%

Yo can create password-less accounts on Win 7. It is not recommended though due certain security issues. You should use at least the same password for all accounts.

P.S. I am thinking of going to Windows XP instead of Win 7 - works faster, consumes less resources and space.
Old 08-15-2015
Banned

Windows XP is what I use for my VMs
Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

What kind of processor does your computer have?

I see that your processor is most likely a Core 2 processor. I'm guessing a dual core processor.

If you are just using your laptop for selling on ebay, I would highly recommd on getting a SSD hard drive or solid state drive. Then copy the entire old hard drive over to the newer SSD drive with a software copier. You wont have to upgrade or sent money on a newer laptop running windows 8.1. Windows 7 will look and feel more like XP vs 8.1. My business laptop runs windows 7.

Windows 8.1 is much different from XP, or you can install 8.1 with a windows 7 shell, it will look and feel the same as windows 7 but you are running 8.1. My gaming laptop has the same set up.

If you are using the older laptop just for selling, it should be more than enough for basic tasks. Opening and closing a internet browser does not require tons of processor power, it just uses the hard drive to search for the necessary files to open the browser program. A SSD drive will look and open those files so much faster. You will feel like you just got a newer laptop.

If you need any help, just PM me or go to this forum website on the link below. I used to be a mod there under a different name and many many years ago. I trust people on there with anything.

NotebookReview

Last edited by yotano211; 08-15-2015 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

A new install of even XP or Win7 on an SSD is the best solution, even more than buying a new computer, especially if you like or are used to the way XP or Win7 work. And max out your RAM while you're at it- I could never understand how people would mention having 20+ users and hesitate to spend a few hundred $ on their computer. That is a LOT of time/effort invested, and the time you save with an SSD and better RAM is well, well worth it.

Even more than getting a new computer, (though if you're going the extra step, something easily portable is another cherry on top, for sure) invest in a good brand name SSD and the max memory RAM for your machine (go to crucial and type in your machine, they will list the best RAM package and the max possible to use) and are a dependable source that's not over priced. The best investment you will make.

Having a decent number of stealths and taking care of them consumes a lot of time, and upgrading to an SSD and the most RAM possible on even your existing computer (or your new one) should almost be #2 on your list after buying the stealth guide. Most computers can easily handle browsing online, but the RAM and SSD will save you a LOT of time with things most commonly done while using multiple stealths on the same machine, such as logging on, switching, browsing... etc. I personally can't recommend such an upgrade enough, after seeing the level of efficiency first hand.
Old 08-17-2015

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Thinking about getting rid of my old Windows XP. Kind of slow, it’s a 2007 Dell D620. Thinking of getting that Yoga tablet, maybe the cheapest one with SSD. The thing is, when I switch user accounts, can you just switch it by typing the user account ID? I have about 70 accounts on my Windows XP right now, and I just type in say Account001, Account002 as the User account ID etc etc to switch accounts, and then boom, it loads up. Do Windows 8 force you to have a password for each account? I don’t feel like typing in a password all the time just to switch accounts. I’m wondering if I can do this with the new Lenovo much faster? Especially with SSD. Also, how do you transition with all the cookies that were in my Windows XP? Do you just start going in and out of accounts with both computers with the same IP until you gradually not use the old computer? Thanks for any input.
I just bought my daughter a new yoga, it is awesome. For 70 accounts you will need at least a 500 gig drive. I have a 256 gig ssd & with 50 accounts its almost full.
Windows 10 has been great for me, id skip 8. Account switching on a ssd only takes seconds 5-10 seconds literally. No password required.
I'm going to get a 1T ssd next, the price is finally reasonable.
Old 08-22-2015

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to Shekibi

It should be fine but when you log into the accounts from the new Operating system/user/browser/machine you should wait a couple of days before you make major changes/adjustments on the accounts otherwise they will get flagged and demand phone number confirmation, which will be a problem if you do not have the sim-card which the eBay account was registered with.