Are proxies actually not advised? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 08-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Are proxies actually not advised?

I got an email from the "mini course" suggesting proxies weren't advised because ebay and paypal can see right through this. Normally, this is understandable - Most proxies are 'transparent' and not anonymous, and it's pretty easy to mess up in using them on one's own computer, and geo-targeting is an issue that one might mess up on, but I would think with someone who's skilled with this kind of thing would be able to do it successfully?

My idea - Get an anonymous proxy(Also known as 'elite proxies') that sets the "refferred by" and HTTP request headers correctly. This should make it look like it came from a regular IP. This compares to your run-of-the-mill public proxies and the such that pass your IP through, or sets the 'referred by' header (Ideally, it should be blank). The address one chooses should ideally be 50 miles within the geo-targeted area of the IP, and ideally in the USA, although whether the 50 mile limit is necessary is questionable (But, probably a factor in PP's risk assessment model). One should use a proxy manager that effectively cleans ones cookies/cache such as Firefox's foxyproxy and ideally block javascript/flash that could spy on ones IP (Through firefox's noscript). And, ideally one would use IPs from different subnets for multiple accounts, if one chooses to have multiple accounts. Getting different subnets may be anything from buying from the right providers that offer such services (Most give you proxies on the same subnet), or just getting proxies from different providers. To further prevent possible confusion during usage, I would /never/ use my ebay/paypal accounts on my regular computer - Ideally I would use a different computer altogether, but I think I may just opt for virtual machines to get a better sense of separation. As long as my passwords and usernames aren't stored on my regular computer, that alone minimizes the chance I'll accidentally enter it. And, the username and password must be nothing that I could ever /possibly/ remember so as to prevent accidentally trying to login on my normal computer (Which would trigger ebay/paypal immediately). But, it must also look "human readable"/normal so as to not trigger suspicions from paypal/ebay. Furthermore, the host computer is behind a VPN as a fallback, so that my original IP should never be exposed if there's a possible slipup in the virtual machine.

Let me know if there's flaws in my strategy/thinking. I really want to make sure I have bullet proof plan before sinking 100s of dollars into this.

I know VPS's are ideal, but man, that's expensive and not economically scalable.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!