HELP! Ebay tracking & New Smartphone - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 11-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default HELP! Ebay tracking & New Smartphone

Hi to all. I've searched the web many times & cannot find the answers that I'm looking for in reference to ebay & paypal linking accounts thru smartphones. My ebay and paypal accounts were banned due to fees that I can't afford to pay at the moment. I'm hoping to start selling again in order to pay those fees & get back on legally. I have created a New account with a friends name, address & prepaid Visa (all with permission). I have a new smart phone & the phone account was set up using the browser. I'd like to use the ebay app because the smartphone that I'm using is a cheap phone from Wal-Mart & I'm on the Straight Talk, prepaid plan & the phone doesn't seem to be working correctly while attempting to list thru the browser. Even though I'm on the prepaid phone plan, I did register it online & have it set up to be paid monthly by automatically coming out of my checking acct. My question is, can ebay track my phone or somehow get into my phone to see that it is registered to me? Can they link my name if I use the ebay app? The phone is a LG Lucky. My next question is, can ebay see my other online activity such as signing into my old yahoo mail or the login info for other sites such as Facebook? I really just need to know what ebay can see on my phone. I've not signed into my old ebay or paypal accounts with my new phone. Oh & one more thing, can they track my exact location, such as my home address via my phone & link my old accounts that way? I hope I'm making sense. I've listed 2 items for sale this week & have only had my new acct for a little over a week. I've been holding my breath & keeping my fingers crossed....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: HELP! Ebay tracking & New Smartphone

Let me add that I've read over & over NOT to use the ebay app. I'm just wondering why? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers so please don't laugh. I'm using my new phone now. If I had the ebay app, would they be able to see that I'm making this post, to this site? Thanks in advance for any help....
Old 11-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

The Ebay App tracks certain things that are associated with your phone like a Unique Identifier which is well....unique to your phone.

IF you use the Ebay/PP App with only 1 account, there's no problem. When you use the App with multiple Accounts, Ebay/PP can then link both accounts.

Ebay/PP CAN'T see what you do on your phone when it comes to using your browser, making calls, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
JJ373 (11-21-2015)
Old 11-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you soooo much!
Old 11-20-2015

Longevity: 51%

I hate to piggyback on another's thread, but since it's current and on point here goes... Is it possible to do all your ebay/PayPal business through a smartphone using browser and eBay app? I mean you can upload item pictures, you can pretty much handle all the business of running auctions, etc.... obv you still need new address & new CC/bank acct etc., but as far as the IP address side of it goes, can you get by with never having to actually use the new identity at all ever from a full browser on a PC?

Or are there some limitations with the combination of a smart phone browser and the eBay app that will eventually require you at some point to use a full browser on a PC? I know a smart phone browser is essentailly the same as using a computer browser, but knowing eBay/PP, for all I know there may be a roadblock with some sort of "unable to do such-and-such from a mobile device" that'll get you stuck.

Thanks in advance for any insight on this!

Last edited by JJ373; 11-20-2015 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

You might not be able to print labels from a smartphone (not sure). And once you use the eBay app on a phone, that phone can NEVER be used again for any other account.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
JJ373 (11-21-2015)
Old 11-21-2015

Thanks, that's good to know... If things like printing postage are the only forseeable hinderances, if all else fails I can save to .pdfs and email it to myself to print.

The key is having a decent sized phone, like a phablet or one of the larger smart phones. Nothing worse than trying to use a browser on a tiny screen!

But yeah if that works, I mean getting a new prepaid smart phone activated and using it exclusively with a new stealth account, with new address in a different city, and a new prepaid card/bank account registered to an LLC.

I'm setting up a new gmail account for use on this phone exclusively... never logging in to anything I already had on this new phone, and never logging in to anything with this stealth account anywhere but on this phone.

Total separation, I can't see possibly anyway to get linked, unless geo-locating by me GPS co-ordinates becomes a possibility.
Old 11-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Don't worry about any of that paranoia stuff. As long as you don't use the eBay app and observe standard stealth procedures, you are fine. I reply to messages from my smartphone with gmail webmail all the time, just hit reply from within gmail, no logging in.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
JJ373 (11-21-2015)
Old 11-21-2015

Longevity: 58%

I've been using the eBay app for my only account for about 2 years now. I can do everything on my phone including creating shipping labels and uploading images from it as well. If your phone is rooted, I strongly suggest putting XPrivacy on it and getting the pro version. It blocks or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ much of the information the app tries to get from your phone through permissions. I used to get by without it, but knowing what information the app is and isn't getting is very valuable. I can also use a browser to check my other (real) PayPal account or login to eBay's website. I switch to a new IP address, clear everything under my browser's privacy section and run CCleaner (for good measure). I have an extra browser that I only use for those 2 things. Just be careful and pay attention to what you're doing and you'll be fine. And you can use the same smartphone or tablet for a different account but only after you do a factory reset. I've done it several times. Let me know if you need help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slimjim For This Useful Post:
JJ373 (11-21-2015)
Old 12-01-2015

Longevity: 49%

use the browser version
NOT the ebay app,
It is possible to print from smartphone
Old 12-02-2015

right, but depending on the size of your phone, using a browser can be "challenging".
Old 12-02-2015

Longevity: 49%

you could try some mobile browsers,
Old 12-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,910 Times in 8,203 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhan View Post
you could try some mobile browsers,
That's true - just avoid the app use
Old 12-07-2015

Have any of you actually used the eBay app and had an account suspended? Or are you just parroting what the senior members say because you want a gold star sticker to slap on your forehead?
Old 12-08-2015
Threadstarter  

I'm still confused as to how ebay/paypal can link accounts by using their apps. As I stated in my original post, I'm using both apps on my phone with only one new acct. My new acct is listed under a legitimate name & address (my friend gave me permission to use her info). So far, I've bought & sold with no problems. I'm a bit worried that my phones GPS will pinpoint my exact address....can they link my new acct that way? My friend lives about 5 miles away & I have no intentions of adding more accts. I'm also not using stealth. Thanks for all of your help....
Old 12-08-2015

Longevity: 55%
Send a message via Skype™ to progetter92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbnsc View Post
I'm still confused as to how ebay/paypal can link accounts by using their apps. As I stated in my original post, I'm using both apps on my phone with only one new acct. My new acct is listed under a legitimate name & address (my friend gave me permission to use her info). So far, I've bought & sold with no problems. I'm a bit worried that my phones GPS will pinpoint my exact address....can they link my new acct that way? My friend lives about 5 miles away & I have no intentions of adding more accts. I'm also not using stealth. Thanks for all of your help....
when you use there apps you grant them permission to see alot of your information if you want to see for yourself go to the app and click view permissions
Old 12-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your reply. I know that the apps have permission to get info from my phone but what info is it, specifically, that can link me? I was told previously, that I'd be ok....
Old 01-25-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbnsc View Post
Thank you for your reply. I know that the apps have permission to get info from my phone but what info is it, specifically, that can link me? I was told previously, that I'd be ok....
Dude , you have to read the Stealth Book. All answers to all of your questions are in there... The app accessess your phone serial number and other identifiers that you can't change easily. If it's an iphone then no way, if it's an android you can root it but that's a different topic itself.
Once you logged into the EBAY or PAYPAL app on your phone, they got your phone's info and if you use the same phone for a different account, ....there you have it: you're linked!
Old 02-19-2016

Anyone know when the stealth guide was last updated?
Old 02-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimjim View Post
Anyone know when the stealth guide was last updated?
As of right now....it's online now, no more pdf.