Am I linked - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 03-19-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Am I linked

My partner opened an Etsy shop two years ago and we both logged in from both our residential addresses as I used to help with admin (we live different addresses).

I opened my own shop last year, but never activated any draft listings and I didn't have time to run this shop so I asked Etsy to permanently close the shop.

Fast forward one year, I want to open an Etsy shop in my own name selling in the same category as my partner. I am wary of selling in the same category, logging in using the same IP address, so I have got a dongle that I plan to use to log into my new shop.

My question is would my new shop created this week (planning to use a dongle) be linked to my old account (now closed and never used) as I had logged into this shop with the same IP address as my partner's shop before it was closed.

Will I forever be linked to my partner? If so, this seems unfair, as if his shop goes down, mine will too. This is worrying, as his shop has already had a warning and suspension but he was lucky to get the shop back up and running, but I fear another suspension on his shop would bring mine down too.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by bcaww; 03-19-2017 at 04:47 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-19-2017

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven
Default Re: Am I linked

Yes, forever
Old 03-19-2017

Longevity: 60%

ip is not the only factor that links account. You want to be very careful with Ip logging however to ensure the ips are not repeated.

Your accounts may not be immediately link, the ip are however logged in ebays database. And may have red flagged on their systems. Just be careful in the future and you should be okd

May I ask if you ensured your addresses and other info are different to your partners shop?
Old 03-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 41%

Hi thanks for replying

The new shop I plan to open this week will have a brand new IP address with dongle and I only plan to log into this new shop with dongle. I also have a different residential address as we don't live together.

I figured there could have been linkage from when I had a shop opened a year ago (never did anything with it, didn't activate any listings) and gave my billing address details using the same IP address that I logged on to my partner's shop with. So therefore, my billing address could be linked I wondered with partner's shop? (this shop is now closed and account permanently closed)

My worry is if our relationship broke up.. with his one shop suspension (with re-activation) in the past, I would always be looking over my shoulder wondering if his shop was suspended for another mistake, by assocatiation mine would be too.

Last edited by bcaww; 03-19-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-22-2017

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaww View Post
Hi thanks for replying

The new shop I plan to open this week will have a brand new IP address with dongle and I only plan to log into this new shop with dongle. I also have a different residential address as we don't live together.

I figured there could have been linkage from when I had a shop opened a year ago (never did anything with it, didn't activate any listings) and gave my billing address details using the same IP address that I logged on to my partner's shop with. So therefore, my billing address could be linked I wondered with partner's shop? (this shop is now closed and account permanently closed)

My worry is if our relationship broke up.. with his one shop suspension (with re-activation) in the past, I would always be looking over my shoulder wondering if his shop was suspended for another mistake, by assocatiation mine would be too.
My advice is just try opening the new shop using the dongle and don't ever log into your shop using your partners wifi. You might get linked but it is worth a try, its not like your losing anything from trying. If it doesn't work you can go the stealth route like me and many others have had to do from being suspended permanently.
Old 03-22-2017

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaww View Post
Hi thanks for replying

My advice is just try opening the new shop using the dongle and don't ever log into your shop using your partners wifi. You might get linked but it is worth a try, its not like your losing anything from trying. If it doesn't work you can go the stealth route like me and many others have had to do from being suspended permanently.