Need help with IP spoofing for Etsy Stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 09-20-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Need help with IP spoofing for Etsy Stealth account

So my Etsy account was linked to another Etsy account (same IP, and account number) that was suspended, so mine was shut down as well. I am planning to open a new one (selling different products) through a family member in another state (different last name). I've worked out the tax issue. I need help figuring out how to access my Etsy account and hiding my IP address.

Should I get a proxy or a VPN? I think VPN are better but no free. Do I have to find a VPN in the city where my relative lives. Any help/recommendation is appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Need help with IP spoofing for Etsy Stealth account

Proxy's, VPN's are great if you know what your doing....I don't know how Tech savvy you are but I would recommend any of the following:
1. Phone Tethering
2. Mifi/USB Dongle
3. A VPN not abused (and yes, they are not free, at least the good ones)

An IP doesn't have to be in the same City, just has to be in the USA.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Proxy's, VPN's are great if you know what your doing....I don't know how Tech savvy you are but I would recommend any of the following:
1. Phone Tethering
2. Mifi/USB Dongle

So yeah--not really tech savvy. Is the list in order of preference? I'll google/youtube to do a little research on this. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

MM78--You mentioned that an IP does not have to be in the same city. I'm wondering why? My plan is to have my relative create the Etsy account under his name from Jacksonville using his Jacksonville address. If I use a VPN (Iwas looking at ExpressVPN) whose closest location is Tampa, isn't that going to be a red flag for Etsy? Thanks!
Old 09-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvezet View Post
MM78--You mentioned that an IP does not have to be in the same city. I'm wondering why? My plan is to have my relative create the Etsy account under his name from Jacksonville using his Jacksonville address. If I use a VPN (Iwas looking at ExpressVPN) whose closest location is Tampa, isn't that going to be a red flag for Etsy? Thanks!
because checking your location based on your IP isnt an exact science. Most of the time you're golden if the ip matches the country... If you were looking to ExpressVPN you're looking in the wrong dirction tho. Especially US and UK IP addresses from shared IP VPNs are heavily abused. Get yourself a Dedicated IP even if it's from new York or Las Vegas... This will work with etsy.
Old 09-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Please don't use ExpressVPN, that's a major VPN provider that has been used and abused.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
rsot (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017
Banned

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
That doesn't really matter. I even have accounts that are running in a different IP country (outside US) of a US ebay account. As long as you already established good history, cookies on that IP, i think you're good. And like what they've mentioned, don't use that ExpressVPN if you don't want to get suspended. Use 24vc or IPBurger - yes, they're quite costly, but the service is superb. Best of luck, stealth master
Old 09-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
1. Phone Tethering
2. Mifi/USB Dongle

Also valid regular dynamic IP providers
Old 09-22-2017

Longevity: 42%

IP or 24c is average price. Figure if you have a mobile hotspot and use 2g of data a month, that will normally cost you 25 dollars. Less than what youd pay for a dedicated VPN Plus unllimited. Dont have to worry about pic uploads etc.

As mentioned. Use mobile hotspot Ive had hotspots show locations 3 states away and never posed an issue.
Old 09-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEI View Post
That doesn't really matter. I even have accounts that are running in a different IP country (outside US) of a US ebay account. As long as you already established good history, cookies on that IP, i think you're good. And like what they've mentioned, don't use that ExpressVPN if you don't want to get suspended. Use 24vc or IPBurger - yes, they're quite costly, but the service is superb. Best of luck, stealth master
Thanks for your help--I'll look into IP Burger--they have a plan called "Fresh VPN with a guaranteed Fresh IP"--that should do it right?--it is pricey but worth it. I'll try it for a month and then switch to a yearly plan.
Old 09-23-2017
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for your help--I'll look into IP Burger--they have a plan called "Fresh VPN with a guaranteed Fresh IP"--that should do it right?--it is pricey but worth it. I'll try it for a month and then switch to a yearly plan.
Best of luck mate, keep up posted
Old 09-25-2017

Longevity: 49%

Any know of any VPN services that are cheaper monthly? I know if you buy a yearly plan then its cheaper but my thinking is what if I make an eBay or etsy account for that VPN and it gets suspended after a few months? I don't want to be stuck paying for a full year for an IP I can no longer use.
Old 09-25-2017
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Any know of any VPN services that are cheaper monthly? I know if you buy a yearly plan then its cheaper but my thinking is what if I make an eBay or etsy account for that VPN and it gets suspended after a few months? I don't want to be stuck paying for a full year for an IP I can no longer use.
Then just start for a month or quarterly plan, if it's running good, then you can decide to whether to get that yearly plan or not. VPS are actually cheaper, but it's kinda hard for you to find a good provider, afaik no one will be sharing additional info on this.
Old 09-26-2017

Longevity: 49%

I realised with IPBurger if your accounts gets banned with the IP your using you can buy a new IP for a pretty cheap one time payment.
The Following User Says Thank You to HAHlala For This Useful Post:
eazy (09-27-2017)
Old 06-20-2019

Longevity: 27%

Hi, I am in the same boat. Did having a Dedicated IP work?