Do I need to move? Etsy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Do I need to move? Etsy

Hi! I'm new here so please be patient with me! =)

Lets just say I'm being a little paranoid but I want to make sure before I go Ety stealth that I have everything correct:

- new account name
- new corporation
- new bank account
- new computer (because I'm not very computer savvy and will probably mess up)
- new internet service with completely different IP
- new designs (same kind of items though)
- new photos
- new cellphone

I need to open from the US because I ship from US. I am not interested in saying I am outside of the US.

Do you think etsy locates not only IP address but ALSO your actual physical location?

Would i actually have to move as well?

Thanks for all you'd help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Do I need to move? Etsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG7 View Post
Lets just say I'm being a little paranoid but I want to make sure before I go Ety stealth that I have everything correct:
Quote:
- new account name
Yes, this is needed.

Quote:
- new corporation
Not 100% sure but let's say Yes.

Quote:
- new bank account
100% Yes

Quote:
- new computer (because I'm not very computer savvy and will probably mess up)
This one is where it gets into paranoia. All you need is to create a new "User Account" on your current Computer.

Quote:
- new internet service with completely different IP
This is another area where it doesn't have to get extreme. Lots of different options such as: Phone Tethering, Mifi, Figuring out if you can change your Home IP address with your current ISP.

Quote:
- new designs (same kind of items though)
Yes, will be needed.

Quote:
- new photos
Yes.

Quote:
- new cellphone
This you need to be more specific, you can get a cheap prepaid phone like TracFone or similar for a few bucks, it doesn't have to be a contract Phone.

Quote:
I need to open from the US because I ship from US. I am not interested in saying I am outside of the US.
Ahmm Ok.

Quote:
Do you think etsy locates not only IP address but ALSO your actual physical location?
An IP address can only give so much information...it can only get as close as the City BUT no company such as Ebay, PayPal, Amazon, Etsy is going to delete your account ONLY because the IP does not match the City you live in.

Quote:
Would i actually have to move as well?
Ah No, that would be insane.
Old 09-29-2016

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Yes, this is needed.

Not 100% sure but let's say Yes.

100% Yes

This one is where it gets into paranoia. All you need is to create a new "User Account" on your current Computer.

This is another area where it doesn't have to get extreme. Lots of different options such as: Phone Tethering, Mifi, Figuring out if you can change your Home IP address with your current ISP.

Yes, will be needed.

Yes.

This you need to be more specific, you can get a cheap prepaid phone like TracFone or similar for a few bucks, it doesn't have to be a contract Phone.

Ahmm Ok.

An IP address can only give so much information...it can only get as close as the City BUT no company such as Ebay, PayPal, Amazon, Etsy is going to delete your account ONLY because the IP does not match the City you live in.

Ah No, that would be insane.
op should also rember a new vcc will be needed.
Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyn12x View Post
op should also rember a new vcc will be needed.
Yes, thanks for adding that in.....forgot to mention that with all my answers!
Old 09-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies!

I had an IT guy with like 15+ years experience tell me there are services that for a fee will provide the exact location, and others nearest main streets. I'm just worried they have this type of service and that they'll link me to my previous address.

Having to go to another location everyday to get orders and then back to ship them from same location will be crazy but I'll do if necessary. I just don't want that after I go through all the hassle of new everything, I get caught over this.

Being such a powerful company should they have this advanced IP locator?
Old 09-29-2016

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Thanks for the replies!

I had an IT guy with like 15+ years experience tell me there are services that for a fee will provide the exact location, and others nearest main streets. I'm just worried they have this type of service and that they'll link me to my previous address.

Having to go to another location everyday to get orders and then back to ship them from same location will be crazy but I'll do if necessary. I just don't want that after I go through all the hassle of new everything, I get caught over this.

Trust us, there are so many people here who have gone stealth on Etsy. Being one of them I can tell you that they don't have a system where they can track your physical address based on IP alone. If you want to do all of that unnecessary extra work, then go for it, but it is not a must
Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Don't let your IT guy scare you...I have 10yrs of IT experience and I'm telling you....as long as you have a new IP...you will be fine.

Quote:
If your IT guy was right, don't you think we would all be screwed by now? I have an etsy account that is 26 miles away, I have Ebay/PP accounts that are as far as 600 miles away.

Quote:
Look, if you start to worry or think about these things....your going to start to lose sleep over it.
Old 09-29-2016
Threadstarter  

I'm opening the shop under a family name. I'm worried they might think it's suspicious because of the persons age, I think she's 75? Do you think they actually have a department that checks new accounts for any red flags? I would think not, after all they're in the business to make money, but who knows with them!

If I just ask for the Internet provider for a new router so I can get a new IP address, plus all the other stuff I mentioned, will it be sufficient? You see I have rented little office spaces for my current business, and that's were I ran Ey too. If possible I would love to stay, but only if there's no risk involved =/

Sorry for the rambling!
Old 09-29-2016
Threadstarter  

A lot of people have done supposedly everything right and have still got shut down, and they simply don't know why. Because of this is my concern with the IP address and physical location.

Instead of getting new internet service I was thinking of getting a new cellphone dedicated just for that account so I can take all the pics with that phone and also use as hotspot. What do you guys think? Use cell or new service?

Ok, so now some tricky question =/
- In the new corporation, my name can't appear, right? As you know corporation information is public and can be easily accessed to find its members/address. For tax purposes I would love to be able to appear! Your thoughts?
- if I do appear in the corporation, and open bank account under corporate name, can I appear as authorized user? Or will they have access to that?
- so my family member lives in one address, and the shop would be working out of another address. All in the same city, though, and close by. Any issues with that?
- I don't want to use VPN or anything like that, it's too complicated for me. Plus I've heard if you're saying you're in one place but your IP puts you across the country, this might get you flagged.
- do a lot of you still physically work from the same location where you got suspended? How long have you been open with no problems? I really don't want to move! ��
Old 09-29-2016

Longevity: 50%
Send a message via Skype™ to iestinor

Quote:
A lot of people have done supposedly everything right and have still got shut down, and they simply don't know why. Because of this is my concern with the IP address and physical location.

Instead of getting new internet service I was thinking of getting a new cellphone dedicated just for that account so I can take all the pics with that phone and also use as hotspot. What do you guys think? Use cell or new service?

Ok, so now some tricky question =/
- In the new corporation, my name can't appear, right? As you know corporation information is public and can be easily accessed to find its members/address. For tax purposes I would love to be able to appear! Your thoughts?
- if I do appear in the corporation, and open bank account under corporate name, can I appear as authorized user? Or will they have access to that?
- so my family member lives in one address, and the shop would be working out of another address. All in the same city, though, and close by. Any issues with that?
- I don't want to use VPN or anything like that, it's too complicated for me. Plus I've heard if you're saying you're in one place but your IP puts you across the country, this might get you flagged.
- do a lot of you still physically work from the same location where you got suspended? How long have you been open with no problems? I really don't want to move! ��

I do US Stealth for ET.sy best way for ip problem is get comcast xfinity internet because they offer hot spot "xfinitywifi" it changes ip address everyday so you don't have to worry about it. and location wise i personaly just use the neighbors address lol. like directly next to me. for name I've even gone and used my same old seller name but wrote NOT*******

for phone problem if you want cheap just use google phone service

Last edited by iestinor; 09-29-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm opening the shop under a family name. I'm worried they might think it's suspicious because of the persons age, I think she's 75?
The age of the person doesn't mean anything to etsy, it's not like etsy is going to shutdown the account and say, "Sorry, your to old to etsy".

Quote:
Do you think they actually have a department that checks new accounts for any red flags? I would think not, after all they're in the business to make money, but who knows with them!
Websites like Etsy, Ebay, PayPal have "Software" that do that for them, no amount of human beings could do that much work.

Quote:
If I just ask for the Internet provider for a new router so I can get a new IP address, plus all the other stuff I mentioned, will it be sufficient?
New IP, New User Account or new PC which seems like the way your planning to go with and so forth.

Quote:
You see I have rented little office spaces for my current business, and that's were I ran Ey too. If possible I would love to stay, but only if there's no risk involved =/
Again, your fine....you don't have to move.
Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iestinor View Post
I do US Stealth for ET.sy best way for ip problem is get comcast xfinity internet because they offer hot spot "xfinitywifi" it changes ip address everyday so you don't have to worry about it.
Changing ISP's seems like a over-dramatic and not necessary. Anyone can get a Mifi for a real low price. I have 3 Verizon Mifi's that run on 3G for $5/month...unlimited data.
Old 09-29-2016
Threadstarter  

How about the corporation stuff? Can I appear? And in bank, can I appear as authorized user? How do you guys get paid?
Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How about the corporation stuff? Can I appear? And in bank, can I appear as authorized user? How do you guys get paid?
Just add a Bank, for the most part they can't see whose name is on the bank account...simple.
Old 09-29-2016
Threadstarter  

A lot of people mention VCC. If I open a new bank account then I don't need one? The VCC is to pay them or get paid?
Old 09-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Changing ISP's seems like a over-dramatic and not necessary. Anyone can get a Mifi for a real low price. I have 3 Verizon Mifi's that run on 3G for $5/month...unlimited data.
Sorry, what's a mifi?
Old 09-29-2016
Threadstarter  

I was thinking of openining one under my mother, but we share the same last name. Will that be an issue? I'm worried with their softwares and them linking the last names. I know, I'm beyond paranoid. =/

I read somewhere they have a system that checks for previous addresses and they find matches/links through there.
Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
A lot of people mention VCC. If I open a new bank account then I don't need one? The VCC is to pay them or get paid?
A VCC is a "Virtual Credit Card" it takes the place of a Credit Card. You can also use a VISA/MasterCard "GIFT CARD".....keyword "Gift Card". I believe you still need to add a Credit Card to open the Etsy Account.
Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Sorry, what's a mifi?
This is the Mifi I use:
Old 09-30-2016

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
I am also curious when you register an LLC to obtain an EIN, if an actual human being does an Internet search, because your name as the person who registers the LLC shows up on bizapedia
Old 09-30-2016
Threadstarter  

I purchased a new phone so I can take the pics with that phone. Also, can I use that phones hotspot? I have unlimited data so it'll be ok. I just want to know with the whole IP thing if using a hotspot will be ok.
Thanks
Old 10-26-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000 View Post
I am also curious when you register an LLC to obtain an EIN, if an actual human being does an Internet search, because your name as the person who registers the LLC shows up on bizapedia
So can we still use EIN to replace SSN for etsy? I was told SSN not is mandatory in the beginning of the process of signing up.