How to Stay Motivated - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 09-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%
Default How to Stay Motivated

I seem to have lost motivation to sell on eBay recently. How do you guys stay motivated? eBay is getting boring and I'm struggling to keep selling. Finding new items is a struggle, same ole stuff... How do you guys do it?
a311hanna (12-03-2015), JLG (01-09-2019), josh (12-15-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: How to Stay Motivated

My Motivation:
1. Money
2. Bills
3. Bills
4. Bills
5. Buying nice things for my family
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (12-03-2015), garry (09-28-2018), iamdeadinside (09-29-2019), Jineric (12-17-2017), JLG (01-09-2019), Mygadgets (03-04-2018), revenge (09-25-2015), zeinfiltra (11-23-2015)
Old 09-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I don't
Delegate and find new exciting projects that you are passionate about. Hire and Fire as needed. Find someone who is passionate about selling on ebay. Teaching people how to make lots of money on ebay is a big help too.

Give away everything you have and start from scratch is extra motivating. Certainly not for everyone but it shook up my world when I did it. Humbling to say the least.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (12-03-2015), momosun (03-26-2020), oooSMOKYooo (09-26-2015), TheRealist (10-03-2018)
Old 09-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I listen to motivational talks. My favorite speaker is Les Brown. After a while especially if you can get by doing what you do, then sometimes you get complacent and need that kick in the butt.

10 years on eBay now, back in the day I was work work work work. Now while I get done what I need to sometimes it is harder to find motivation to go through and get certain tasks done. Part out defective or damaged items. Go through returned merchandise, etc. Yours may be different than mine but we all tend to have something that we allow to stack up and not want to deal with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
gray_universe (03-15-2019), TheRealist (03-22-2018)
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
I seem to have lost motivation to sell on eBay recently. How do you guys stay motivated? eBay is getting boring and I'm struggling to keep selling. Finding new items is a struggle, same ole stuff... How do you guys do it?
Funny, I thought all the executive guys were happy making money like bill gates lol. I feel the sameway. I'm bored of ebay taking all there crap. It's a stressful world in the money world. I'm getting out of ebay and I found a good money business in real life, plus I'm going into the spiritual realm of seeking knowledge about everything because I like being an informed person, not a sheep like the rest of the world.

I recommend you if your bored of ebay try and save money up and get out of it and do something else. Stop wanting to be rich like everybody and just make money anyway you can and save up and invest in something for yourself. I can understand alot of rich powerful people it gets very boring when you got so much money and done almost everything money can buy the easy way. Nobody can tell you what to do. Search within yourself. Read some books about the purpose of life not just sex and money like people say. Find what fufills you inside. Don't be a sheep following people, do yourself. Hell you might even end up in a different country making money in real life or online whatever it is. Create an invention and invent it and see if it sells.
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 56%

Try new things, challenge yourself, set some goals...

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ind+motivation

Last edited by Klemantina; 09-23-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 63%

Human body is designed to want 2 things.
1. Selfish 2. Selfless

Some incredibly amazing monks experimented by trying to stay motivated w/o a selfish goal and couldn't. Find something you really want. For me, it's an R8. Literally 1-2 months away buying it cash. Some people it's a nicer house. It's all progressive.
Then give back, I give $2000 a month MINIMUM to a charity because it allows me to not feel completely selfish.. Gotta find things you want otherwise why are you doing it. Can't be motivated to buy or save for things too long term.. It's hard for the brain to visualize to long term of goals.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bunting For This Useful Post:
aking (09-23-2015), josh (05-27-2016), miketyson (09-23-2015), TheRealist (03-22-2018), yankee (09-23-2015)
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post

If your not into it anymore then try something else. I hate eBay and always will, but I have many accounts and I'm very motivated to keep them going and growing. The money motivates me, I work when I want and earn a decent living, I'm very comfortable and not far off a new car - keeps me going! Try setting a goal or something you want to save for, or take up something else...
The Following User Says Thank You to ACA2015 For This Useful Post:
Debzgarden (02-15-2022)
Old 09-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

A few years ago, I decided I was going to make it big or go broke trying. My goal was to sell 10x as much. Within a year I was expanding 2-3x per month. Hired companies to do my servicing. Hired companies to handle my technical labor. Hired a company to handle buying much of my goods, store and ship for a modest fee.

Withing two years I was selling more in one week than I was in an entire year before. Then I reach my goal and quite. Gave away and passed off everything. Lived vicariously for a couple years and now this year got back into the game starting from scratch. HUMBLING and I am getting close to being able to pass everything off again. I needed this residual income to finance my NEW goals and temporary dream ideas.

My point is that if you are not setting BIG goals everything is boring and motivation does not exist. Ebay and amazon are now boring to say the least but those places make $$$$$$ Maybe go my approach and fund your new and exciting dreams with your but busting ebay work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (12-03-2015), Jineric (12-17-2017), MrPorter (10-08-2015)
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 69%

I like this topic, I feel the same thing, not only to ebay itself, and to my daily job.
The Following User Says Thank You to meriscope For This Useful Post:
josh (12-15-2015)
Old 09-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
Funny, I thought all the executive guys were happy making money like bill gates lol. I feel the sameway. I'm bored of ebay taking all there crap. It's a stressful world in the money world. I'm getting out of ebay and I found a good money business in real life, plus I'm going into the spiritual realm of seeking knowledge about everything because I like being an informed person, not a sheep like the rest of the world.

I recommend you if your bored of ebay try and save money up and get out of it and do something else. Stop wanting to be rich like everybody and just make money anyway you can and save up and invest in something for yourself. I can understand alot of rich powerful people it gets very boring when you got so much money and done almost everything money can buy the easy way. Nobody can tell you what to do. Search within yourself. Read some books about the purpose of life not just sex and money like people say. Find what fufills you inside. Don't be a sheep following people, do yourself. Hell you might even end up in a different country making money in real life or online whatever it is. Create an invention and invent it and see if it sells.
Not all of us like money, sure I do and dealing with ebay gets to me.

During the last Christmas season, I lost tons of accounts, nearly all of them. I got really sick of it all, ebay/paypal, I quit selling for some months and went traveling around the US. After I came back, I was more motivated then ever. The weird part is that I will still on track to make more vs last year.

My main goal is to get another four-plex property to rent out and get out of this ebay crap for good.

For me, my motivating is to travel, I love traveling. I have mostly traveled around the world instead of around the US or even the state. I am known in my family to travel to the EAA airshow in Wisconsin every other year, a around trip of about 4000 miles. I go to lots of closer airshows within 1,000 miles around trip. I use a Nikon d810 camera for some really nice shots.

My next plan is to start working out more often. Since I have moved to a new state I really need to get out more. I am going insane in this small apartment.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (10-04-2015), BigCJ (10-25-2015), pegasus (12-10-2015)
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 50%

If you need motivation, then you're in the wrong game
The Following User Says Thank You to Samtheman For This Useful Post:
MC011 (05-10-2021)
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 80%

I've been bored with eBay and amazon for years now but those are what pays the bills. Picked up selling cars which takes away a lot of my spare time and i just let amazon and eBay run autopilot
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
My Motivation:
1. Money
2. Bills
3. Bills
4. Bills
5. Buying nice things for my family
I have 1/5 of your motivation
Old 09-24-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

good thread really. the thing is while maken money is fun. the truth is you only need a limited amount of money to survive for the basics and then after that its really just whatever. humans unlike animals were created for a higher purpose than to just chase after that paper...
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
MrPorter (10-08-2015)
Old 09-24-2015

Longevity: 67%

I feel the same. I am very tired answering the same questions everyday and arguing with some deadbeat scammers. And I don't want to spend $2000 to hire a customer service as that is a lot of money for me.
Old 09-26-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothos View Post
I feel the same. I am very tired answering the same questions everyday and arguing with some deadbeat scammers. And I don't want to spend $2000 to hire a customer service as that is a lot of money for me.
very true but not helping dude. Why not get a girl friend like I did and take her shopping when she has completed a1000 orders or someone you know to help you?
Yankee you sir are a fine credit to society, if there was more peeps like you we wouldn't have any trouble in this greedy world!

OP..My belief is happiness will steer you in the right direction. Emotion is what drives us in this game of life (stems from cave men basics of striving to live & survive not money) If you are happy in what you are doing then it drives more emotion (will power) to do more to give us more. People get this confused with more money than they need, bigger this more of that ect.
You need to find a different product to buy and sell, maybe some thing you can craft or design your self or add your own input to it rather than being a drop shipping robot which will give you more satisfaction out of your sales which in effect will make you happier in your job.
I have crossed shoulders with millionaires to alcoholics sat in the pub all day. In my opinion the happiest are in between with moderate stress and family problems. All depends on the individual though of what they can handle.
If you can afford it take a couple of weeks off and get ready for Xmas when you come back but don't take too much on, if you still feel dis heartened in the new year you might want to change career paths whilst still selling, the grass is always greener trust me but you need to be happy but 100% sure it is the right path to take
Every thing else in life does seem to fold in place when you are happy doing your job whilst doing everything in moderation..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oooSMOKYooo For This Useful Post:
aspkin (10-04-2015), pegasus (12-10-2015), Underhand (12-04-2015)
Old 09-26-2015

Longevity: 56%

Find stuff that sells fast, I've got quite a few products I sell now but I could live quite well off of only 2-3 of them. I absolutely hate listing on ebay, I just bought 20 different items that will only profit like £20-50 a month each and I'm regretting it now as I've still not been bothered to list them lol.
When I started stealth I did everything as advised on here but the longer I've done it the more lazy or efficient I've got, depending on how you look at it. I take all images from google images or just other ebay sellers.
I don't bother reading any messages on any accounts now other than my main one, my feedback goes crap, 98-99% but do buyers really care much about that? Don't seem to. Defects stay between 3-4%, fine for me with the time it saves.
I don't care if my stealth accounts get banned other than the £50-200 I pay to buy a new one. All I ever care about is any money getting stuck in paypal
Old 09-26-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

Selling items you personally like is always a good motivation...
Old 09-26-2015

Longevity: 77%

I've been feeling the same way! But Ebay pays the bills and has for years now, and also paid for me and the fam to go on a week cruise this year, that's motivation in itself! But it's been a struggle for me to find new items to sell, and actually make decent profit off. I find so many sellers listing items for so cheap, it's hard to compete. But I follow Grant Cardone on facebook & merkat and hes a good motivation person to follow and he always posts motivational videos!
The Following User Says Thank You to Iwuvcurrency For This Useful Post:
pegasus (12-10-2015)
Old 09-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Money shouldn't be something that motivates one.

Money should be thought about as a tool, as such. Something that you can use to build the life that you want- Peace, happiness, love and hope all have a price. Unless you are selfish, lonely person who wants to suffer and finds joy in absolute chaos that ones life becomes without money, then money should be embraced and respected.

I get that people don't want to think about money as all out important part of life, and I get it... Money alone doesn't do anything for you, but if you use the tool correctly then it'll help you achieve a lifestyle or a way of life that brings the best out of you.

If you want to build your dream house, you want the best hammer and best nails. You need essential tools to express your dream. Money works exactly the same way, it lets you express your dreams, but one should never dream of money being the dream itself.

What motivates me? Everything, life itself. The sense of being a salmon who swims upstream, the life and possibilities of one salmon are enough to motivate me to live mine in a similar way- Just let life happen, make money and take chances. Live the adventure.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
aking (09-27-2015), aymanousaym (08-12-2019), iamdeadinside (09-29-2019), pegasus (12-10-2015), phaz0rz (11-23-2015), whiteberry (03-19-2016)
Old 09-29-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 91%

Right now, eBay is funding my detailing business I have going on, which is really picking up. eBay is funding all the initial costs for equipment, website, marketing tools, adwords, etc. Feels good to be able to brand myself and market my work as opposed to advertizing other companies!

It's working out pretty nice actually. The only thing that sucks is fall/winter is coming and here in Ohio detailing is more seasonal. It will be all about eBay from November to May. Then I can really go hard on the detailing this spring!

I can't wait, 2016 will be big!!

Note: For anyone looking about building a website or advertising merchandise, these 2 sites are awesome:

Vistaprint.com
Wix.com

Last edited by aking; 09-29-2015 at 02:11 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aking For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (09-29-2015), GreenBean (11-03-2015), pegasus (12-03-2015)