Are people interested in a Bitcoin for PayPal section? (currency exchange) - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Forum Suggestions

Forum Suggestions Have a suggestion or comment for the forum? Post away...

Old 12-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Are people interested in a Bitcoin for PayPal section? (currency exchange)

I'm not missing the point at all. A fellow account seller asked for opinions on how he could protect himself if he decided to sell BTC for Paypal funds and all I was doing was pointing out some of the risks he will face.

The idea is certainly a good one and I'm all for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
UKGiftWarranty (12-10-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Are people interested in a Bitcoin for PayPal section? (currency exchange)

I agree with both of you guys.
Ebayorbust makes an excellent point on needing to pay close attention to anyone who can afford to let go of 30%.
On the other hand like UKGift says noone is forcing anyone to do any sort of deal.
To me this is not really going to be a cashout service. the limit on amount I will be imposing will not really work for that purpose realistically speaking.
This will be more for people who actually need to get some Bitcoin for their personal use and need to do so quickly and hassle free. In that case and given the limitations on the amounts and all it would make a lot more sense for someone to have no issues with paying that percentage to get what he needs fast.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (12-10-2016), UKGiftWarranty (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
I'm not missing the point at all. A fellow account seller asked for opinions on how he could protect himself if he decided to sell BTC for Paypal funds and all I was doing was pointing out some of the risks he will face.

The idea is certainly a good one and I'm all for it.
Sorry bud, missed the question on protection and thought it was more a generalised comment on the thread topic. I'll get back to my corner!
Old 12-12-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

I have sold bitcoin around and I think this forum would be a great spot to have an exchange. To be honest spotting a scammer with bitcoin is incredibly easy. There are precautions you can take with paypal to protect yourself and if we did it here there should absolutely be requirements. Like someone said nobody is going to ruin their reputation here for $500. If you have been on the site for awhile its just not worth it. Especially since the ledger is public. A lot of people dont realize bitcoins are very traceable. Its decentralized nature is what makes it incorruptible
Old 12-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Here is a hint. .... stop with this it is all cool and nothing could happen.

NEVER under estimate human nature.

People can be opportunists. Always remember this.
Old 12-13-2016

Longevity: 94%

Nothing can happen in the sense of fraud. Sure someone can file a chargeback with paypal but thats about it. Thats why you have requirements and only deal with a select number of people that requirements. As far as on the bitcoin side nothing can happen.
Old 12-13-2016

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Here is a hint. .... stop with this it is all cool and nothing could happen.

NEVER under estimate human nature.

People can be opportunists. Always remember this.
Yawn. Award for most pointless post of the day goes too.....

The same can be said for absolutely anything. Stop with this ****. Just use common sense, like with any online trade. If you like it do it, if you don't, then don't. It REALLY is that simple. /thread
Old 07-27-2017

Longevity: 39%

yes, please
Old 07-27-2017

Longevity: 64%

just my 2 cents anyone make sure you are on the getting btc side of any btc to paypal transaction or you will lose, period you will lose.
Old 08-19-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I have seen these gain in popularity for awhile now.

Are people interested in a BTC for PayPal exchange section of the forums? I can see it being popular for those members who don't have a bank account for PayPal to withdraw funds (mostly outside UK, US, CA, AU). And for those people who want to withdraw funds to BTC.

Bitcoin is gaining in popularity (I use it everyday), it's easy to get started and more companies are accepting it as a payment option.

Are people interested in this?

Seems great deal with exchange. i am interested and i'll save it for my future work
Old 08-24-2017

Longevity: 42%

If you buy bitcoins from stealth paypal account on a weekly basis as the only fund withdrawal method, is it going to trigger any flag or limitation?
Old 09-01-2017
Banned

Longevity: 51%

Used to be guys that did PP=>BTC for decent rates at bitcoin-otc.com and the irc channel, but it looks like they're long gone. It was a very long, painful process to establish a reputation though-I didn't have the patience for it.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 09-01-2017 at 09:31 AM.