Another way than ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 09-30-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Another way than ebay

I know this is a little off topic for this forum (sorry if I shouldn't be posting this)

I am currently running 10 stealth accounts but the limits are low. I have always sold on ebay and never considered my own website (I know eggs in one basket!!)

It is a lot of time and effort to start a website but I feel I have no real choice at the moment.....

has anybody gone this way and been successful after/ alongside ebay?

could being suspended be a good thing in the long run?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Another way than ebay

eBay should always really be seen as a means to and end... its not a long term investment.

What you could do with is looking at SFB which covers all areas of money making including your own website, marketing and product finding. Its a very worthwhile read and was created by the same guy who created this rather successful forum!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmastermind For This Useful Post:
aspkin (03-26-2014), rsot (10-02-2013)
Old 10-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthybutnotwealthy View Post

It is a lot of time and effort to start a website but I feel I have no real choice at the moment.....

has anybody gone this way and been successful after/ alongside ebay?

could being suspended be a good thing in the long run?
Getting suspended from ebay at first is a kick where it hurts.

THEN, you pick yourself up and find life alongside ebay.....

As 'mastermind just posted, consider aspkin's newest ebook.... it will blow your mind.

Below is a current thread.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-business.html

and wait there is more !!!!!

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...new-forum.html

Take a look at the new forum.

Do it!!!!

Old 10-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Need a lot of links and advertising...also need a good niche that isn't dominated by competition
Old 11-02-2013

RSOT

How do you drive traffic to your ebay items without a website or facebook.

I am new to this so please put me right, but I am thinking exactly on the lines of OP.

All the research I have done says to use facebook, youtube and your own site to get traffic. Facebook - to make a store requires you to specify your store platform. Ebay being one of them. I was in the middle of building a fan page and my own website to try to use seperate to ebay. However way you look at things you will have to use PAYPAL. So was thinking of you might aswell use ebay to checkout??

Just cant get away from them. Every one seems to use them and ironically seems to trust them!!

Before anyone says. Yes I am just signing up to the new forum and will look into buying sfb. Just wanted to add to the post as it was the question I wanted to ask.
Old 11-02-2013

Longevity: 66%

I tried making my own website too. Spend about $200 to create it with shopify, but in the end you still need PayPal. And the fees will still be 3.4% + 1% of the platform you use + at least $100 a month subscription. And then you have to create traffic, get trust, build an entire website, compete with eBay/Amazon etc.. not worth it, unless you already have a base (like a forum or something about the things you sell).
Old 11-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

There are all kind of ways to get website traffic. And I disagree with helpmelol - you do not NEED PayPal with your own website. You will need a merchant account, but it does not have to be PayPal.

Every time I get an order on a stealth account, I include a flyer with a coupon code for my website. It has been running for a few years and I get about $5k - $6k per month in sales. Building your own website is a great way to help build and stabilize your business, but it is NOT the road to quick cash.

Aspkin's guides are always worthwhile. I bought SFB and have had success using Google Adwords where I had very poor results before. I was not targeting tightly enough. And that is just ONE aspect of the book. There are other things I want to try as well.

As for your question about suspension maybe being a good thing in the long run, YES! You have already taken the first step by having multiple accounts. The limits will increase over time. And if you follow the stealth procedures and avoid linking the accounts, your business will be MUCH MORE STABLE! Think about it, they can no longer shut down 100% of your business. It always hurts to lose an account, for sure. But it hurts a whole lot more when the account you lost was your ONLY account.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
aking (10-12-2015), aspkin (03-26-2014), GhostOfAmazon (05-06-2015), outofluck (09-15-2014), rsot (03-29-2014)
Old 11-03-2013

Too right!!

I bought SFB last night and was up till 4 in the morn reading. I thought ANOTHER system to buy?? I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more "SYSTEMS" and was going to concentrate on learning social media traffic. (there is a chapter on this in the book)

BUT.

This is the info I was looking for!! I have never read a more comprehensive account on how to, well, start and run an ebusiness. I already have the product and have been looking for the proper way to market it.

This ticks all the boxes for me. If I cant make money using this I need to go back on the building site.

It would be nice to think that ebay is not my "BOSS" anymore and I can use it to supplement my earnings not be the be all and end all we have to bow down to.
The Following User Says Thank You to shc73 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Woah, seems I missed this thread.

Personally I have always had my own websites; it's where I got started. It was only later that I started using other marketplaces to sale my products, such as eBay.

EBay to me is just a traffic source. It's just another tool and to rely on it solely for income would be irresponsible.

Anyhow, having your own website does take work but it can be well worth it in the end. No more paying high fees to sell your product, start collecting leads to increase your back end sales, passively make more money month after month. The sky is the limit with your own website.

And it's not that difficult either.

Last edited by aspkin; 03-27-2014 at 11:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
aking (10-12-2015), rsot (03-26-2014)
Old 03-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

We have mentioned this elsewhere, the difficulty is taking the quantum leap.

Not saying it is impossible of course.

Actually making the change becomes the start.

Old 03-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

TOWIE - the only way is ebay....

eggs in one basket is true, but you can have a few ebays, plus do other e-commerce on amazon and possibly other auction sites......website maybe, alot of people just cannot get the same level of traffic...
RosieTosie (03-12-2015)
Old 03-28-2014
Administrator

It depends honestly. If you're selling the same product over and over again then having your own website is a great way to compete against a crowded eBay or Amazon marketplace. Instead of competing with hundreds of other sellers, You compete in the search engines where SEO is king.

Honestly it's great way to centralize your online business, push your eBay/Amazon customers to your website for repeat business and build your business in the long run.
Old 03-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Not to mention avoiding the middleman of eB and fee cuts to eB...and pp.
Old 04-11-2014

Longevity: 59%

Ever since I got my real ebay account shut down, Using the stealth has brought new light into my business practices. I now have 20 stealth accounts running. I make sure to only sell low limit items, Clothing or non branded Items. Honestly without this forum I'd be on the streets right now. True Story... But back to the main, I now ship a small little business card with my website on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillyWonkaMan For This Useful Post:
aspkin (04-13-2014), outofluck (09-15-2014)
Old 04-11-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyWonkaMan View Post
Ever since I got my real ebay account shut down, Using the stealth has brought new light into my business practices. I now have 20 stealth accounts running. I make sure to only sell low limit items, Clothing or non branded Items. Honestly without this forum I'd be on the streets right now. True Story... But back to the main, I now ship a small little business card with my website on it.
That is a good idea, and don't forget after every transaction , you get a wealth of information from your customers that can be all downloaded easily onto an excel spreadsheet

On eBay under applications get the Seller Manager Pro, there is a free and paid, I use the free version and besides showing all sales in depth, you can create and save reports of all your buyers

So you will have Name, Address, Phones, Email, whether they left a positive or Negative and couple other details and u can save this to an Excel Spreadsheet

With that Data you can Start your own Marketing Campaign promoting your website using email or direct mailers , etc
Marketing to your own customers gives the greatest response and most affective when sending mail to keep contact

Great way to build your business, you can send discount codes, specials whattever to get repeat business to your website after that first eBay sale
Old 04-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Classy advertising move with the business card WillyWonkaMan
Old 04-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
That is a good idea, and don't forget after every transaction , you get a wealth of information from your customers that can be all downloaded easily onto an excel spreadsheet

On eBay under applications get the Seller Manager Pro, there is a free and paid, I use the free version and besides showing all sales in depth, you can create and save reports of all your buyers

So you will have Name, Address, Phones, Email, whether they left a positive or Negative and couple other details and u can save this to an Excel Spreadsheet

With that Data you can Start your own Marketing Campaign promoting your website using email or direct mailers , etc
Marketing to your own customers gives the greatest response and most affective when sending mail to keep contact

Great way to build your business, you can send discount codes, specials whattever to get repeat business to your website after that first eBay sale

I completely forgot about that! Thank you so much I am going to do that when I get back home. And Start sending E-mail / Mailers that direct my customers to my Main Money Site.
Old 04-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Classy advertising move with the business card WillyWonkaMan
It's been working and I've noticed more repeat customers. And now my money site is getting alot of traffic and I'm starting to take in orders from there. It's pretty sweet!
The Following User Says Thank You to WillyWonkaMan For This Useful Post:
thready (04-14-2014)
Old 04-13-2014
Administrator

That's how you do it.. use eBay, Amazon and other marketplaces to funnel those leads back to your website.
Old 04-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Wide spreading of activities is good - all within financial mean of course
Old 04-20-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I own a ton of websites that are not up and running like they should be.

Just not enough time in the day.

The specific antiques I love to deal with has tons of customers who buy from my main and original ebay account now and if I had more stock on a website I would probably double to triple my business.

It can be done with any product actually if you have the time to put into it and manage it.

I sell on Goantiques and other antique type locations that people go back and forth with me on buying from those sites to ebay and I am hoping I can get time to drive them to one of my websites in time.

24 hours is not enough time in a day.

Had one domain name expire today, hoping to go grab it back before someone else does. Usually does not happen but this one I got the notice and was sick 3 days this week and forgot about it.

One of the very first sellers on ebay to get to the 100k feedback and then 500k drove massive traffic to there own website and once they noticed ebay was raking them for 100k a month in fees they stopped selling on ebay and did nothing but there own website. I believe they were in Kentucky. Some of you may remember their ebay name as they were I believe the first guest speakers at Ebay live I or II or something.
Old 04-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

What is the price on the expired domain name Sandy?