TOR Vs Ebay... Important!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default TOR Vs Ebay... Important!!

Hello,
I used to go through TOR to login my US Ebay accounts. I use different TOR Exit Nodes so I always obtain different IP adress for each signle ebay account.

BUT, this is what I noticed today :

I moved to change an Email adress on one of my accounts. I did it successfuly, but when I recieved Ebay's Email notification, It said that Email Changing was requested from : xx.xxx.xxx (WHICH IS MY REAL IP ADRESS).
I checked twice on IPBurger, Iptracer and whatsmyip.org, and all of these sites show that my IP adress (using TOR) is a US one (From CA). But Ebay's system detected my Canadian IP Adress.

Is this happening for cases involving ''High security'' things (Like changing account informations) or it's just meaning that TOR doesn't work with Ebay?
The crazy thing is that I'm runing multiple US accounts, and had some of them suspended, but no IP linking happened so far (?!!)

Any informations about this would be great.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Well, I found what was going wrong.
I found that even Gmail was able to detect my Real Ip adress, so the problem was with Firefox Proxy setup. I was using proxy for HTTP and not for SSL web pages. That's why IPBurger, Iptracer etc (Who use HTTP) display a US IP adress, but Gmail, Ebay ..etc was detecting my real IP adress as soon as I login to a secure SSL Page.

That may looks like stupid, but it may help anyone in the future. So when using TOR, you need to specify on Firefox the same proxy settings used for HTTP AND SSL browsing, otherwise you're uncover
Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Your account won't last long if your IP address keeps switching country.
Old 11-22-2010

Longevity: 88%

I'd suggest that using tor is playing with fire anyways...
Old 11-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

TOR is not the best thing to use with stealth accounts. Get a Static IP or some private elite proxies.
Old 03-18-2011

Longevity: 75%

Can you help me with this as I've been stuck for 3 days...

I'm trying to setup a VPN for Paypal & Gmail. (can't login without a country specific IP/proxy and I don't trust free Proxy redirects)

When using TOR, when you refer to using Exit Nodes, are you referring to a sock proxy aimed for a US proxy/ IP address that you have picked /signed up for outside of the TOR network, or did you change the EXIT NODE within TOR to be aimed at a US IP already within the TOR relay network? If so,you would have to update this every visit or somehow have a Static IP within the country. How do you do it?

If using a sock proxy outside of TOR, did you have to purchase your own SSL or SSH? If so who do you use and how much can they be trusted? From my understanding, SSL can still easily be encrypted by a proxy admin, and they can easily turn over your info. to third parties. Either way they have your info. from you signing up for the SSL, so really you're not anonymous.

For firefox settings, you go to Tools>Options> Advanced>Network>Settings ???
Here it displays both an http & a SSL proxy IP already.
I haven't updated this but it already displays an IP other than mine. Is this the Tor proxy that its currently being displayed or is this from OpenSSH within my computer?

When you changed SSL to hide your IP from ebay, you only used the SSL and left the http blank?

How do you know that gmail can read your IP?