Problem Changing MAC Address on TWC Router/Modem all in one- Please Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-25-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Exclamation Problem Changing MAC Address on TWC Router/Modem all in one- Please Help!

Hello I am happy to be here for the first time. I just bought the Eb stealth guide and trying to change the Mac Address. I am using the Arris Modem/Router all in one and I don't see the option to edit the Mac Address.

Can someone please help me or give me an alternative? Thank you so much in advance!

MG
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,249 Posts
Activity: 24%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Problem Changing MAC Address on TWC Router/Modem all in one- Please Help!

Hi, welcome.
Are you sure you really need to change the MAC address?
Did you test if you are on static or dynamic address from your ISP?

Follow these steps.
Check you IP on something like IPburger
Then switch your router off and on again
wait a few
check the IP again
If it is different you are ok, if not... well you need to operate on MAC address.
Let us know.
Old 11-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Problem Changing MAC Address on TWC Router/Modem all in one- Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgav90 View Post
Hello I am happy to be here for the first time. I just bought the Eb stealth guide and trying to change the Mac Address. I am using the Arris Modem/Router all in one and I don't see the option to edit the Mac Address.

Can someone please help me or give me an alternative? Thank you so much in advance!

MG
Hi there!!!! Good news is if you can not change that MAC address after doing those tests suggested by icarletto, you can consider getting a dongle or tethering.

Dont worry, we will help you find the best working options.

Old 11-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums OP - dont need to worry about MAC address for eB at the moment.
Old 11-26-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,249 Posts
Activity: 24%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums OP - dont need to worry about MAC address for eB at the moment.
rsot, OP has posted in IP section so he'd like to change the MAC address to get a new IP... which might not be the case.
Old 11-26-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

You will Need a separate Router and Separate Modem, is your ISP Comcast??

Depending on the types of service you have will determine which type of Modem You need to,Purchase, I know from Comcast, they have an approved list on there website of Modems

And if you get internet and phone from the same company you will need a telephony Modem, if just Internet and cable regular modem
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (01-29-2015)
Old 12-05-2014

Longevity: 68%

i have the same problem using my twc ubee brand modem. even when i use a separate router i have issues connecting to the internet at all, its like it wont let me use the router! and if i power off and on the cable modem it does not change unless unplugged for hours at a time. what can i do
Old 01-13-2015

Longevity: 56%

What if the Router MAC IP is registered with the ISP?

I followed all the steps and found it that - my IP is static, can not change MAC IP because it's registered with ISP.

What to do?
Old 01-14-2015

Longevity: 54%

Here's the thing: Changing the MAC address is just one method of obtaining a new IP address. I can't change the MAC address on my router, either. It doesn't matter though, because when I unplug my router, wait 60 seconds, and plug it back in, I get a new IP address. That's all that counts.
Old 01-15-2015

I understand..but my IP is static. I tried just restarting the router , it doesn't change the IP address. What to do?
Old 01-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeandivap View Post
I understand..but my IP is static. I tried just restarting the router , it doesn't change the IP address. What to do?

call in and tell them you need a Dynamic ip for business purposes.

I saw this on the business site not sure if it works for residential

Business Internet Features

1 dynamic IP address: a numeric address that is automatically assigned to your network and changes each time you access the Internet. Static IP addresses available for an additional monthly rate.

Cable modem customer premises equipment (CPE) included and supports multiple IP addresses and DHCP functionality for dynamic IP addressing

TWC WiFi Hotspot included with all orders at no additional charge.

Access a TWC WiFi and partner national network.

A variety of optional add-ons to enhance your service and protect your business.
Technical Specifications