Authorize.net? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 10-21-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Authorize.net?

Linked Authorize.net via API to eBay and it did the test transaction

what steps do I have to next?

have received the following when listing:

Attention Sellers:
Attention!
In order to use the credit card option you need to have both a valid Internet Merchant account and a payment gateway in place to secure the transactions. To find out more about this please review the information on the following page: How Payment Gateways Work

At this time the only compatible gateways for use on eBay are Payflow and Authorize.net. If you are ready to setup your payment gateway you will find instruction under “Setting up a payment gateway for your Internet merchant account” on the following page: Selecting Your Payment Preferences

Once you have setup your gateway please contact customer support to make the appropriate adjustments to your account to start accepting credit cards.

For complete list of approved gateway companies go to the Gateway Signup Page
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2018

Longevity: 35%
Default Re: Authorize.net?

I created an Auth.net account a month ago. Auth.net never provided the requested service. I attempted to close my account 4 times but was not successful. Auth.net withdraws funds from my bank account without providing any service whatsoever. I have never even logged into my account.

I have been in touch with my attorney about Auth.net and they are more than willing to create a Class Action Law Suit against Authorize.net. If anyone is interested in joining a class action lawsuit against Auth.net, please contact me via this thread. I will also continue to monitor this thread for interests.
Old 03-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTLF View Post
I created an Auth.net account a month ago. Auth.net never provided the requested service. I attempted to close my account 4 times but was not successful. Auth.net withdraws funds from my bank account without providing any service whatsoever. I have never even logged into my account.

I have been in touch with my attorney about Auth.net and they are more than willing to create a Class Action Law Suit against Authorize.net. If anyone is interested in joining a class action lawsuit against Auth.net, please contact me via this thread. I will also continue to monitor this thread for interests.
Auth.net is a reputable company. You can't say you've never "even logged in" when you've 1) created an account with them and 2) given them your bank details. Both tasks require you to login. You signed up for a subscription service so Auth.net is taking the funds you're contractually obligated to pay them.

You can't fault Auth.net for the fact that you never finished setting up your account. Once TSYS had my merchant account setup I put the details into Auth.net and was accepting payments the same day.
Old 03-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

@OP - I know this is like 2 years old, but here's your answer:

This is standard when making the transition from PP to a merchant account. You will have to either call or email eBay so they can make "the necessary changes to your account" for you to start accepting direct CC payments.

I got the exact same error message when I switched, and was able to get it cleared up with an email to eBay support.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 03-02-2018 at 11:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (03-02-2018)
Old 06-13-2018

Longevity: 33%

I just did mine yesterday. You have to call in and get it verified. Most cs reps wont have any idea what to do i spent a whole day with cs reps and finally got one that was able to do it in 5 mins
The Following User Says Thank You to jtt0047 For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-13-2018)
Old 02-01-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Auth.net is a reputable company. You can't say you've never "even logged in" when you've 1) created an account with them and 2) given them your bank details. Both tasks require you to login. You signed up for a subscription service so Auth.net is taking the funds you're contractually obligated to pay them.

You can't fault Auth.net for the fact that you never finished setting up your account. Once TSYS had my merchant account setup I put the details into Auth.net and was accepting payments the same day.

They require ssn
Old 02-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vukasinami View Post
They require ssn

No they don't. My account is closed now, but it was in my EIN.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
vukasinami (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

why resurrect this thread?
EBAY would only allow Paypal or MP/Ayden now

Ok,I did not read all the posts,I though he is asking about Ebay as OP showed the email he received from Ebay about gateway etc.
BTW,I am not promoting anti oxidants,I posted it under anything else,not ebay,you can get them in drug store/supermarkets/online

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
@OP - I know this is like 2 years old, but here's your answer:

This is standard when making the transition from PP to a merchant account. You will have to either call or email eBay so they can make "the necessary changes to your account" for you to start accepting direct CC payments.

I got the exact same error message when I switched, and was able to get it cleared up with an email to eBay support.
It starts out with Ebay and gateway !! and the thread continues !

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-08-2020 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

You're not helping matters by posting in it more.

This thread is in the "payment processing" section, which applies to anything related to online payment processing. Not just eBay. There's also a cryptocurrency section despite the fact that crypto has never been accepted on eBay or Amazon.

Antioxidant pills don't work on eBay either, but you posted about them.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 02-01-2020 at 11:32 AM.