Propay cancelled my account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 09-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Propay cancelled my account

I just open Propay account and had only one transaction, they closed my account because I sell cell phone on my website. Is there any other services which can process credit card payment? thank you

The following is the email from ProPay

"

The business/website for which you use the services offered by ProPay is in violation and contravention of the Agreement and Policies governing the use of your ProPay Account. Specifically, the High Risk Transactions/Acceptable Use Policy of the Payment Services Agreement to which you agreed upon the activation of your ProPay Account prohibits the following activities: Unlocked Cell Phones.

Unfortunately, the account cannot be supported and must be terminated. We have noticed that you have run a transaction through on the account already and we ask that you refund the transaction and seek another method of payment for your business. If you wish not to refund, the amount will be put into a reserve for 180 days to protect against charge backs.

Should you feel the information providing the basis for the action to be taken by ProPay as described above is in error, please contact ProPay pursuant to the contact information below.

ProPay appreciates your consideration and understanding in this matter.

Regards,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

They're considering unlocked cellphones as prohibited? What a horrible service.

There are plenty of other services like CCNOW that you can use.
Old 09-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Default What should I do now?

ProPay first emailed me as follows:

"Unfortunately, the account cannot be supported and must be terminated. We have noticed that you have run a transaction through on the account already and we ask that you refund the transaction and seek another method of payment for your business. If you wish not to refund, the amount will be put into a reserve for 180 days to protect against charge backs."

Now ProPay emailed me again:

"We have refunded the $250 transaction that had taken place and we also refunded your annual fee. Please allow 2-3 business days for the refunds to be credited. Once again, we do apologize, but the items you are selling are considered too high risk to support."

I have already shipped the items to the customer. What should I do now? I will lose my money and merchandizes. Please help with any advises you might have. Thankyou
Old 09-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Can I process the credit card payment again with some other merchant account?
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonecorp View Post
ProPay first emailed me as follows:

"Unfortunately, the account cannot be supported and must be terminated. We have noticed that you have run a transaction through on the account already and we ask that you refund the transaction and seek another method of payment for your business. If you wish not to refund, the amount will be put into a reserve for 180 days to protect against charge backs."

Now ProPay emailed me again:

"We have refunded the $250 transaction that had taken place and we also refunded your annual fee. Please allow 2-3 business days for the refunds to be credited. Once again, we do apologize, but the items you are selling are considered too high risk to support."

I have already shipped the items to the customer. What should I do now? I will lose my money and merchandizes. Please help with any advises you might have. Thankyou
im sorry but serious thanx for sharing im looking for a merchant account so thanx
Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonecorp View Post
Can I process the credit card payment again with some other merchant account?
Yes, but you would need the cardholder to initiate it. You cannot do it yourself.

I use ProPay on one of my websites (originally got it for eBay) and it has worked well for me. But I only list books on that particular site.

ProPay is at least a little more upfront than PayPal is. PayPal will tell you it is OK to sell high risk items, but then limit your account for it. ProPay is upfront about not wanting to deal with them period. Once my site was approved, I had no problems with them. I have not had to jump through any hoops and they have never held my money.