Stripe refund transaction help. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 12-17-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Stripe refund transaction help.

Hi, I used Stripe as you guys commonly know they process credit cards for shopify and other platforms online.

Been selling and using stripe for over two years now, I recently processed a refund on there and later that day I saw a refund reversal for the same transaction.

details:
So I processed the refund in full. I was debited via Bank
Next day, I had a refund reversal for that credit.

My Questions for those familiar with this term and with Stripe as a whole.
What is a 'Refund Reversal' and is it instant, like a void?
Will the credit hit the customer's account or reverse the transaction after or VOID before any money is hit his/her's account statement.

Read a paragraph about this on Stripe and I do not understand a thing, contacted Stripe but they appear they will close my account for a few bucks I refunded, like do they understand refunds are a normal process of credit card payments?

I appreciate your help in advance folks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-18-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Stripe refund transaction help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mophie View Post
Hi, I used Stripe as you guys commonly know they process credit cards for shopify and other platforms online.

Been selling and using stripe for over two years now, I recently processed a refund on there and later that day I saw a refund reversal for the same transaction.

details:
So I processed the refund in full. I was debited via Bank
Next day, I had a refund reversal for that credit.

My Questions for those familiar with this term and with Stripe as a whole.
What is a 'Refund Reversal' and is it instant, like a void?
Will the credit hit the customer's account or reverse the transaction after or VOID before any money is hit his/her's account statement.

Read a paragraph about this on Stripe and I do not understand a thing, contacted Stripe but they appear they will close my account for a few bucks I refunded, like do they understand refunds are a normal process of credit card payments?

I appreciate your help in advance folks.
Stripe have a very responsive customer service team. Get real answers by contacting them?
The Following User Says Thank You to bananaappeal For This Useful Post:
rsot (12-22-2014)