Help* Changing WAN IP ! Modem Has Built In Router - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 09-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Help* Changing WAN IP ! Modem Has Built In Router

Need help changing WAN IP Address.

I have a Modem with built in Router. I tried changing my MAC Address for a few hours, FAIL. I contacted the provider; they said I couldn't change WAN Addr. as they provide me with one. My Modem is a sbg6782 (motorola)

Just trying to change my WAN IP, so I can make some acc's!

Any help is appreciated

Thank You
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Help* Changing WAN IP ! Modem Has Built In Router

Your IP is showing as dynamic so it should be a simple case of just unplugging your router and plugging it back in again.

Try this as a test.

Go to IP Burger, take note of your IP address.
Unplug your router. Plug it back in again 10 seconds later.
Go back to IP Burger and see if your IP has changed.

If it has your good to go.
Old 09-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Your IP is showing as dynamic so it should be a simple case of just unplugging your router and plugging it back in again.
This won't work if you have a devide that combines a router and a modem together.

I wrote this in another thread, it should help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
You can only change the MAC address using these router/modem combo devices if you can put the device into bridge mode.

What bridge mode does is basically let the device work mostly as a modem. Any computers connected to the device in bridge mode (no matter if it's wireless or wired) gets "bypassed" by the router portion of the device, and is connected directly to the modem instead. Thus, the modem directly sees the MAC address of your computer instead of the MAC address of the router portion of the device, which allows you to change it freely.

I'm not sure how it is for US ISPs, but here in Canada, Shaw will actually flash a custom firmware to disable the router portion of the device all together if you call them, making the device work solely as a modem. This is extremely convenient.
Telus is another ISP here in Canada, while they won't offer any services to turn your device solely into a modem like Shaw, but a backdoor password exists for the device's web interface, which allows you to change hidden settings including putting the device into bridge mode.
Old 09-13-2014
Threadstarter  

I ended up using my iPhone connect to the wifi and enabled *Personal Hotspot*, each time that I would activate airplane mode and reconnect, it would generate a new public IP address for my computer. Is this a reliable method?

Modem ---> Iphone (wifi hotspot) ----> Macbook
I tried enable/disable airplane mode 3 times, each time I checked the IP on my computer, it was different
Old 09-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

That depends on the ISP and the type of IP OP has. I have a router modem and turning mine on and off works perfectly fine.

Unless Canada is very different to the the EU and the US that method can also work for the OP. That does not mean that it will, if for example the OP had a dynamic sticky IP, then the MAC address would need changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWEN View Post
I ended up using my iPhone connect to the wifi and enabled *Personal Hotspot*, each time that I would activate airplane mode and reconnect, it would generate a new public IP address for my computer. Is this a reliable method?

I tried enable/disable airplane mode 3 times, each time I checked the IP on my computer, it was different
Tethering works a treat. Make sure you keep track of your IP addresses to prevent cross over.
Old 09-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
This method doesn't make sense, your connecting your Iphone to your Modem and connecting your Macbook to the iphone????? why?
YOU CAN connect your Macbook to your Modem directly and bypass the Iphone, your just taking an extra "UN-Necessary" Step.

Quote:
Again, putting your iphone into Airplane mode does nothing IFFFF your connecting your Iphone to your Modem......

I believe what your trying to do is....Tether your Iphone to your MacBook. If this is what you are trying to do, make sure your using your phones 4G/LTE data to connect to the laptop.
Old 09-14-2014
Threadstarter  

When I connect the iPhone to wifi, than tether my mace book from my iPhones wifi, it generates a new public IP address every time i connect and disconnect.

1. Connect iphone to wifi
2. Connect macbook to iPhone through bluetooth, and use wifi tethered from the iPhone
3. Enable/Disable airplane mode on the phone
4. Reconnect my iPhone to wifi, than bluetooth to my macbook
5. visit Track Your IP Address - IPBurger.com = new IP address each time I do this

This seems to work? I tried it 3 times, each time I went to IPBurger, my ip address was different

Is this an acceptable safe method? Seems to be confusion, I am only doing this because my modem has a built in router, and I don't know how to change the public WAN IP or MAC address. This was the alternative I discovered.

Thanks for the help guys
Old 09-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Good job on getting the IP to change - keep a track of the IP and make sure the IPs dont overlap over accounts
Old 09-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Did you make sure that iphone has no ebay APP on it?

You may get linked if there is an ebay APP.

Please check and let us know.
Old 09-18-2014
Threadstarter  

I deleted the eBay App before using this method for any other eBay accounts

I am now looking for a guide to manage which IP's I have used
-Excel

But am not familiar with setting up Excel or how to view this spreadsheet on different accounts. There must be a method of sharing the Excel file with all other Macbook user accounts

Anyone familiar with sharing a Excel File with different computer user accounts?
(on a macbook pro)

Thanks
Old 09-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html

Keep the file on a USB stick is the simplest way to have access from all user accounts.