Ebay Alternative - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 04-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Lightbulb Ebay Alternative

I have been talking to the owner of My NuGen, and I love what she had to say. This site just started up 3 weeks ago but they already have 25 registered users and 100's of hits. The main thing that they are lacking is some sellers that will give them a chance. She is actively advertising, and has put into action a lot of things that will help make life less stressful for sellers, making life easier for them will go along way to making the buying experience fun for the buyers again. She told me that she is a firm believe in customer service, and that is one of her main issues. It is about time that some one starts a site that is geared for us and not them. I have had several emails with Ms. Ellis and the one thing that I see about her is that, she did not build this site out of greed but as a way to help everyone. Here is one of the posts that she put on Power Sellers United.

"I just started a new auction site because of problems that I had on feebay as well.

My site is rather new, we have been online for 3 weeks now, already have 25 users. I know that is not a lot but I am advertising and we have hits all day long. We need sellers to sign up, and right now we are offering a free store till July 1st 2009.

At My NuGen we offer a flat fee for stores, you will not pay any extra for upgrading your listing, No Final Value fees ever. We do not censor your feedback, so if a buyer does not fulfill their bids, you can state that. We also are offering the Pioneer Club; with membership to the club you get a 2000 item store, 200 business cards for the first year with the website and your store information on them, you also get 4 packs of post it notes to send thank you notes to your buyer with the My NuGen website on them, and the most important thing about the club is that as a member you will be able to serve on sellers board and help make changes to the way we operate.

At this point I am listed on google and yahoo among others, we are advertising on Facebook, My Space, Google, and Microsoft ad center. I am in the process of interviewing some marketing companies, to help with the advertising.

We are also in the process of working on getting new features added on to the site. To name a few instant messenger, for real time contact for buyers and sellers, so if you wanted to set store hours you could. Also a transfer program that will allow sellers to transfer their feedback scores and listings, the buyers will also be able to transfer their feedback scores as well.

When we designed this site, we tried to take into account all that people were complaining about with ebay and other sites. Come on over and check us out. My promise to you is to do all in our power to make your selling experience as enjoyable as possible.

My NuGen

I understand that we are new but if we can just have people give us half a chance we will prove that this is going to be the best site for online auctions. Here you will get treated like a valuable client and not a number."

She also informed me that if July 1st comes and the sales have not started to pick up, she will extend the free store offer for a while longer.

I think that all of us sellers should give this place a try, what do we have to lose? She is giving us a free store to use till July 1st 2009, maybe longer. The way this site is set up, with all the Ideas that were put into it, is a sellers dream. Can any of you join me in giving this site a try, or should I say a chance to make it? We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. We can always keep our listings on other sites, that is what I am doing.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2009

Longevity: 88%

Check out Bonanzle or Buyitsellit these 2 are growing fast.
Old 04-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

And here's the link to the site Marie36 makes reference to.

My Nugen
Old 04-27-2009

OMG there is a grand total of 6 items listed!? I think I will skip wasting my time with this one. Thanks for the link VicVelcro
Old 04-27-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

lol Give it a chance, it may pick up!
Old 04-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Heh. It wasn't my link. The OP forgot to do that way up top. I was just helping tidy up a bit.

And, hey, everything starts somewhere. You should bid on that laptop.
Old 04-27-2009

I sincerely don't believe that website has any hope. Sorry op.