Kicked out of et.sy - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Kicked out of et.sy

No sales, and ebay does not generate any traffic for kid's party items....I know you are right, it is just been one thing after another, I am going to get my ducks in a row, do I have to take new pics or just rename files? Since the things I make are so different, I am afraid that even with some changes, my competition will drag me down if they see I am back...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyfedsy View Post
No sales, and ebay does not generate any traffic for kid's party items....I know you are right, it is just been one thing after another, I am going to get my ducks in a row, do I have to take new pics or just rename files? Since the things I make are so different, I am afraid that even with some changes, my competition will drag me down if they see I am back...
I would recommend taking brand new pictures, run them though an exif data removing software, New Titles, New everything.

Look at it this way, IF your customers want your products....they will use whatever method to pay you for your stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-21-2015)
Old 08-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok working on new designs and backgrounds now...! What's the exif data

Do you know of a cheaper VP/IP 'changer' service, some want like $14 a month! I rather go that way than with a dongle, but it all has to be cost efficient since I can't use the DC as check out. I was also thinking doing without the 'virtual' address, can I pick another state like a sister's address or stick with the 50 mile rule (that will cost me extra as well).

Should I scrape all the pics I had stored of the products on my machine and photobucket, even if I don't use them can that be a link? Or just re-naming the files would be ok, I know that after I change the IP I can't ever log into my old accounts with the new IP's otherwise I will be flagged. Verizon had given me a 'free' tablet with it's own phone number I was thinking about using that # with Et. and also for PP, just going step by step through the list! Thanks again
Old 08-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ok working on new designs and backgrounds now...! What's the exif data
Exif data is information saved within a picture such as camera info, and if you use a phone it saves even more info that you don't want Ebay/Etsy to have.

Here is an excellent tool to remove exif data from images:
BatchPurifier LITE - Free Metadata Removal Tool

Quote:
Do you know of a cheaper VP/IP 'changer' service, some want like $14 a month! I rather go that way than with a dongle, but it all has to be cost efficient since I can't use the DC as check out.
Something you should know is that "cheap" doesn't always mean best. You have several options:
1. VPN
2. Phone Tethering
3. Mifi/Dongle

Quote:
Should I scrape all the pics I had stored of the products on my machine and photobucket, even if I don't use them can that be a link? Or just re-naming the files would be ok, I know that after I change the IP I can't ever log into my old accounts with the new IP's otherwise I will be flagged.
Only scrape the images you will be using on your new Etsy Account, don't make things more complicated than they should be.

Quote:
Verizon had given me a 'free' tablet with it's own phone number I was thinking about using that # with Et. and also for PP, just going step by step through the list! Thanks again
If you can receive SMS, Text, Phone calls on this number then it should be fine.
etsyfedsy (08-21-2015)
Old 08-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Awesome!! Thanks
Old 08-21-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks for ALL the help....Oh forgot, should I believe as my comcast provider said, that my IP constantly changes (not the one u check on what's my IP address) but the one from the modem to the outside, just for kicks I asked and they said it changes constantly...that sounded bogus to me, I don't want to try and be flagged instantly. YIKES 14 a month is kind of high considering the fees and 'advertising' on et. because now you have to pay daily $1-$3 to get 'found'. I read the dongle too slow anything that goes through my phone, I would have to update to unlimited data as well...arghhhhh. I wish I was younger and understood this better. But I have all the notes from all your guides!
Old 08-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

always remember, Comcast basically hires lepers off the street for all of their low level jobs which is basically the only people who you interact with as a customer. come to this forum or other tech forums to find the real answers. you can use the search function to see all of the posts about people here who use comcast.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-21-2015), write (09-22-2015)
Old 08-24-2015
Threadstarter  

I just tried to leave a comment and I was blocked...what the heck? I am posting this to try and see if it goes through
Old 08-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

yes, watch the apostrophe space "and" was causing it for me a few weeks ago. i notified aspkin. is this similar to what you typed?
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Update, so for my birthday, Sat, my husband decided to open an et.y account for me as a surprise. I immediately went and changed the address which was too similar to the one they had, IP no problem, the checking account that he provided, I also changed since that was the one I used before, as a SS I entered my EIN. he set it up for direct check out, I also went and changed that bank info, with the new account I opened after the ban. There is no PP account attached to it as yet. ( Will that be a flag if I use his) How about adding a credit card for payment, can I use a gift card. I saw on their page that there was a section for exp date..does a gift card have that?

He also added an item from my old store got the picture from goggle, changed the name. I re-took the picture since the background is unique, also felt brave and added another item. So far so good, I am scared of even looking at the shop, so he checks it every day. I am not certain of any links that might lead to me, since he had his own information like 2 yrs ago on et.y and closed the account.

How many days can I expect to continue 'open' I am afraid of putting more items for sale, I had about 400 before, I would not put the same amount. And will re-take all pics and re-name a few. Basically I am afraid of my competition to throw me under the bus, and the BOT finding me from some link...how long should I wait until I know I am safe?

tks
Old 08-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Definitely go slow.

You can add any PP account you like and any prepaid credit card that allows you to register an account online and alter the zip code to match whatever your address is in Et.sy. You can even purchase virtual ones from this forum if you like just to get started. When the money runs out on it, purchase another one here or from a grocery/drug store.

There is no way to guarantee how long you stay open.
Old 08-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Wondering if I should I re-take all pictures...or just a few....I know I have to stay clear of photobucket where I stored the old ones, I am afraid of a link...

I will purchase one virtual card here, tks. Just made a banner, got a friend's pic in the shop as the owner taking baby steps. Great advice on PP.. hubby read a lot of these threads and that's how he got in...fingers crossed that I am in
Thanks a lot for your help I will keep u all posted!!
Old 08-26-2015
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Update, so for my birthday, Sat, my husband decided to open an et.y account for me as a surprise. I immediately went and changed the address which was too similar to the one they had, IP no problem, the checking account that he provided, I also changed since that was the one I used before, as a SS I entered my EIN. he set it up for direct check out, I also went and changed that bank info, with the new account I opened after the ban. There is no PP account attached to it as yet. ( Will that be a flag if I use his) How about adding a credit card for payment, can I use a gift card. I saw on their page that there was a section for exp date..does a gift card have that?

He also added an item from my old store got the picture from goggle, changed the name. I re-took the picture since the background is unique, also felt brave and added another item. So far so good, I am scared of even looking at the shop, so he checks it every day. I am not certain of any links that might lead to me, since he had his own information like 2 yrs ago on et.y and closed the account.

How many days can I expect to continue 'open' I am afraid of putting more items for sale, I had about 400 before, I would not put the same amount. And will re-take all pics and re-name a few. Basically I am afraid of my competition to throw me under the bus, and the BOT finding me from some link...how long should I wait until I know I am safe?

tks
Are you saying you were able to open direct checkout using an EIN or it had a SSN attached that you changed to an EIN?
Old 08-26-2015

Longevity: 62%

There will be other very easy steps on how to change your ip address. I really recommend you to buy stealth guide. It explains everything (I think it will be very similar for etsy). Good luck!
Old 08-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Are you saying you were able to open direct checkout using an EIN or it had a SSN attached that you changed to an EIN?
EIN is accepted.
etsyfedsy (08-27-2015)
Old 08-27-2015

Longevity: 51%

I feel that after a good week of consistently listing new items and you still haven't been banned, you should be good to go. I've opened accounts and got linked within a day for being stupid. But all that has changed and I'm doing pretty well with my new account.
The Following User Says Thank You to doL For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-27-2015)
Old 08-27-2015
Threadstarter  

So far I check every AM and PM I am ready to start posting for real....grrrr slow process because I have to take so many pics and I am re-designing my party stuff.

Forgot tried to get a CC from this site, sent the guy a message, but I am sure I probably got confused, I need a gift/c card that has like an expiration date, and could not find a good link doing a quick search above. Anyone has someone they recommend? Tks
Old 08-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So far I check every AM and PM I am ready to start posting for real....grrrr slow process because I have to take so many pics and I am re-designing my party stuff.
Yes it is slow and it h as to be done.

Quote:
I need a gift/c card that has like an expiration date, and could not find a good link doing a quick search above. Anyone has someone they recommend? Tks
Could not find anything? you serious? there are hundreds of post on gift cards.....Get a Vanilla Visa GIFT CARD and NOT a Prepaid Card.
etsyfedsy (09-01-2015)
Old 08-27-2015
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
EIN is accepted.
I must have missed that. I haven't made any new shops in a couple of months and didn't know they changed it from SSN only to now taking EIN.
Old 08-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I must have missed that. I haven't made any new shops in a couple of months and didn't know they changed it from SSN only to now taking EIN.
Yea, it's all over their forums. I originally thought they would shy away from this because they want the mom and pop feel, but looks like they are ready to start beefing up and allow small businesses.
Old 08-27-2015
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Yea, it's all over their forums. I originally thought they would shy away from this because they want the mom and pop feel, but looks like they are ready to start beefing up and allow small businesses.
I'm on the page to make an account and it is asking for the last four of a SSN. Are people just entering the last four of the EIN?
Old 08-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm on the page to make an account and it is asking for the last four of a SSN. Are people just entering the last four of the EIN?
Correct.

Gladiator (08-28-2015)