Kicked out of et.sy - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-28-2015
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Kicked out of et.sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Correct.

Awesome. I'm going to try it later today and see how it goes.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Let us know...I have not been flagged as of yet, is time to post more...is time to pay fees so they said they were going to use the card on file to get payment, this card is in my husband's name, but the address will not match the one I gave to et.y is this a potential flag? tks
Old 09-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok, I am still selling, some pics I did not re-take, because I had a model and she looks really good with my product, but all files were scrambled and re-named. I am sort of concerned when I read on another etsy forum in here, that the other sellers send you emails to bait you? How can they personally flag your items, as far as I read ONLY a trademark holder can make a claim to remove items, the other option is offensive material/or items that are not handmade. (I make all my stuff) as for trademarks I do use some pictures of characters, but I stay away from the really flagged ones and the titles and descriptions do not reference the actual product, unless is an item that does not enforce their use (yet)....Does etsy have enough time on their hands to go and check on your auctions one by one? I mean really?
Old 09-09-2015
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyfedsy View Post
Ok, I am still selling, some pics I did not re-take, because I had a model and she looks really good with my product, but all files were scrambled and re-named. I am sort of concerned when I read on another etsy forum in here, that the other sellers send you emails to bait you? How can they personally flag your items, as far as I read ONLY a trademark holder can make a claim to remove items, the other option is offensive material/or items that are not handmade. (I make all my stuff) as for trademarks I do use some pictures of characters, but I stay away from the really flagged ones and the titles and descriptions do not reference the actual product, unless is an item that does not enforce their use (yet)....Does etsy have enough time on their hands to go and check on your auctions one by one? I mean really?
Just keep your head down and stay off the bat**** crazy forums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (09-11-2015), unkown5454 (09-10-2015)
Old 09-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyfedsy View Post
If you want to keep your original pictures, but not get caught by bots, you can simple resize, add an object or remove an object. Removing even one pixel completely changes the hash of a photo. So, to a bot, it would be seen as a completely new photo. Only a manual review would get you caught or being reported by competitors who recognize your photos.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (09-11-2015)
Old 09-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks a lot, never thought about just changing the sizes of the pics, I scrambled the names and or numbers.....I know that one of my competitors is already following my store...as a 'secret admirer' I hate those people they should mind their own stores...3 sales so far.. still a long way to go to get caught up with all the sales I lost...
Old 09-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

You should also look into expanding to other marketplaces on your down time. This way, you aren't reliant on one source and it also creates a backup in case one store goes down or your lose some files. This has come into handy a great deal for me having stores in multiple places. It also allows me to test different configurations and selling methods between each store, especially if I want to try new products.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (09-12-2015)
Old 09-12-2015
Threadstarter  

I have placed my items on eby, they have sold but slowly, perhaps between 1-3 a week tops, basically paying fees, since it is pretty much paper goods, there are not many venues out there, so far et has been the only sure thing for me...
Old 09-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

bona.nza is the next best one that will put you into google within 24-48 hours of posting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (09-24-2015), write (09-22-2015)
Old 09-12-2015

Longevity: 57%

Don't forget your own website is the ONE place you can't get kicked out of! I highly recommend purchasing a domain and getting it out there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (09-24-2015), Gladiator (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok time for bad update, I got a notice of infringement on my new shop for using some kid's show images, and then they went and probably investigated further (unless someone threw me under the bus) and sent me another email saying that they were going to close my shop because the amount of infringements on my OTHER stores, so WTF how did they tied these together? something went wrong and I am exhausted don't know what to do, I think I am done...I am sure they are also coming here to read posts, these people are worse than ebay!
Old 10-06-2015

Longevity: 68%

With what information you supplied, you are not really following best practices with stealth.

Using credit cards with mismatching peoples names, same pictures, other peoples character designs, etc. are all easy ways to be linked and shop closed.

If you want to stay open long term, then study up on stealth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Con For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015

Longevity: 49%

They shut you down because of possible infringement. 3tsy is being sued by their shareholders for not being upfront about the CR infringement when they went public. They are cleaning house.
Old 10-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Infringement is a warning flag - best to get backup accounts going
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015

You really can't be shocked when you get shut down for infringement. It's always been the policy, and even if it's selectively enforced it is enforced. If I read right and you are using the same photos the linking is no mystery.
Old 10-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I did brush up on the stealth, I was able to open the store and keep it open for a month.. :( . but the flag must have been the infringement, do they really have time to go store by store, this would be the only way.
Old 10-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Hi November... Nope not using (used ;() the same photos, I changed 99% of them, re-sized and all took them again, but with infringement it usually takes 3 strikes for a shop, this time was one item, and it had just been copyrighted (I looked it over)

The message they sent me was pretty clear that they knew they had closed my other stores for infringement so they either found me out for this new infraction and looked closely, which makes me think that indeed they look at every single store for any ref flags and if they believe is the same person under another name...that's it! I am bummed out again :(
Old 10-08-2015

So what I had actually meant was that if you use the same pics on your multiple new shops or the exact same items, that is your link. Not the pics from your old closed shop(s) but new pics but used over at the same time in new shops. Is that maybe it?
Old 10-09-2015
MU

I dunno how much any of this will matter if we can't figure out a way to even sell on there now. I do find it ridiculous in general, regardless of stealth, that they want banking and a SSN up front...but can't even provide phone support and yet want people to sell on their venue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (10-11-2015)
Old 10-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Hi November, the new pics were only stored in my camera and then I uploaded them, so no link there, mercifully I kept on downloading the data as to not loose it all as I have read, and it is true.... once they close you, all is gone! I only opened one store, just to keep it on the download, it had like about 300 items, some of the old, pics that I used (like 20%) were changed in size and not directed or pointing at me. But if you took a close look at my items (and this could only have happened if someone reported me) they would know it was me/my style. And I do have a nemesis on et, no matter what I make the #@&* makes an almost exact replica. The other thing, is that because of the lawsuit from the investors that got duped into thinking it was all 'rosie' = #@&8...et has taken a more predator like tactics. Plus a lot more companies are scouting for specific items (the specific company that got me just got bought by this group so they are cleaning house) and since ety knew it was me, I didn't get a warning just closed and they basically let me know I am persona non grata...and to stop trying to get in...of course I had stuff on eby and still do, but the sales are dismal...I am in Bonanza, and nothing, did google ad words nada. Let's see what happens with Amazon, I filed an application to be allowed to sell there, so far they say it takes 3 weeks, also I did not read any 'caveats' as of yet...but I am sure they will get on the van wagon ;(
Old 10-11-2015

I, too, had a nemesis. It's so frustrating. That, along with the ridiculous lack of real management over there is what finally led to me just saying *%!$ it and I found a better place for myself. I am so much happier without the stress. I know you miss the income from there, but my Dad has a saying that I think very much applies here: you keep banging your head against the wall over and over, eventually you are going to stop - and it feels SO good when you stop!

Also, just because Et/sy says don't ever come back, don't let that get you down. I personally took that as a challenge, as my ban was ridiculous to begin with - and successfully ran ste/alth for a long time. In fact my ste/althy shops are all still there and in good standing, if I ever need to (Heaven forbid!) go back.

Best of luck to you, whatever you end up doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (10-13-2015)
Old 10-13-2015
Threadstarter  

You understand!!! I know, I am getting no where with this, is like an obsession now...I did try the stealth as you know, and got caught, and probably will if I try again, my nemesis is relentless. Which is even more frustrating and hurtful because she used to be a friend of mine, to whom I taught how to use a computer to make $ instead of playing some weird game on the web where you bought little houses...I can't remember, it was so childish. I taught her so well and she copied everything I did and ran me out of business, destroying a friendship of about 20yrs. Eb is not a great market for party items, ets still the best. I pray that with the lawsuit all that comes to an end, them being the only game in town (petty I know) and more and more sellers (the list gets longer) like me will find a niche with our party crap. Bonan is not it, perhaps a year or 2 when buyers do not find what they are looking for on ets as they have to restrict what they sale now. Al the $ they made when they went public is going down the drain They are loosing their status and being called a flea market, so perhaps these things will help launch Amazon's new enterprise!! Thanks Nov, you do get how this stupid game is making my life hell...but then again I am OCD too ;(
The Following User Says Thank You to etsyfedsy For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (10-14-2015)