I.P. Address Detection? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Re: I.P. Address Detection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrotorway View Post

I called my provider [ Comcast, Xfinity } and they said it will not change my i.p. address if I am wireless. I have a dynamic I.P. and FINALY got into my routers page but there is nothing that allows me to change Mac address.

Again asked comcast about this, they said it is not possible to change the mac address.

Can someone let me know how to change my I.p address?? Been working on this for weeks.
Appreciate it,
Thank You
I have bought all types of router and modem combinations now and NOTHING WORKS!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrotorway View Post
I have tried everything but buying a new wireless router.
If I buy a new wireless router will it change the i.p. address effectively?

I called my provider [ Comcast, Xfinity } and they said it will not change my i.p. address if I am wireless. I have a dynamic I.P. and FINALY got into my routers page but there is nothing that allows me to change Mac address.

Again asked comcast about this, they said it is not possible to change the mac address.

Can someone let me know how to change my I.p address?? Been working on this for weeks.
Appreciate it,
Thank You
This now is a later post, I have bought all different types of router/ modem combinations and NOTHING works!
Old 03-19-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

So now you have your modem hooked up and a router ?? Or do you still have the all in one Comcast modem/router??
Old 03-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Go get a MiFI box or dongle and avoid all of this. They sell various kinds at Walmart. Just turn it on and go.

You are just wasting your time right now.
Old 03-20-2015
Threadstarter  

I still have the old modem/router combo from comcast and I took a day to breath.. : 0 )

Anyway, the thing about a dongle is, I tried that twice.. I tried 2 different types and it was so slooooow that I could not even download photos half the time onto E-bay.
Then for one of them, I had to keep buying data every other day.... It was not even worth getting on e-bay.
Half the time it knocked me off and I could not even get back to people or message them because the dongle would just STOP WORKING, like everything else I try to do in my life...

So this is why I decided to go through living hell and figure out some way to change my I.P.--------
Start Over///////

So here is my question, If I buy a new modem, THAT WILL change the i.p address with Comcast, Correct??? Or will some STRANGE anomaly happen ONLY TO ME and the I.p Will stay the same???

IF So, then the preferred way is to buy another modem, then 2 wireless routers and keep changing the routers because, if I change routers, THIS is also supposed to change the I.p., Correct?

When I did this, The I.P. DID NOT change..... Hence, "Strange anomalies" all my miserable life.......
--------------------
Also, after going through 3 different combos, I FINALLY was able to get on a router page that would allow me to change the Mac address...
Once I changed the Mac address,,,, The I.p. Would NOT change .... Why in the world would THIS happen??? Anybody know???? I am calling the Universe OUT on this one!!! I will NOT ignore it, I want to know why if I change my Mac address, my I.P. DOES NOT change, But IT DOES change for everyone else on this planet......
-----------------
I mean, there are people like the guy in this thread who sets these up for people in their homes with COMCAST all the time...!!! WTF!!
Why does it work for him and everyone else on the planet, BUT NOT FOR ME??
I will not ignore it, I am calling it out!!

I have a dynamic I.p. , which is the proper I.P. type so there should be NO LOGICAL REASON for this, correct?
------------

So I am thinking of going back AGAIN and buying ANOTHER Modem, which "SHOULD" change my I.P. - then I can, erase my cookies, work on a stealth account and if I ever need to get into my own pay pal I will use a dongle or hot spot FOR THAT!?!?
-----------

Thank YOU for your kind help, please keep helping if you can, I really appreciate it...

You think Askipin would have an idea of what to do?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 03-20-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I'm not sure if your being serious here or just messing around, but I'll give it one more shot to try and help.

If you found a modem and router combo that you are able to getting into your router settings than stick with that.

Now did you do all the steps or did you just change the Mac Address??

Once in router settings, all u need to do is change the last 2 digits, which sometimes is 2 numbers or a number or letter

After typing in the new digits, there should be a button to click saying "APPLY" or something like that.

When you click that Apply button you should see on the screen that the new MAC address is being loaded

At this time just unplug your modem, or if you have it plugged into a surge protector just turn the power button off and than on and you should see the modem lights all blinking and resetting

Now just wait, at this time your modem is powering up and on your screen you should be in router settings and the Mac should be loading

After a couple minutes , be patient , different hardware will require slightly different timing to reset, but once everything comes back on you should pick up a connection

Once you are reconnected to the Internet and you can see this by looking at the Internet icon usually on the bottom right of your monitor, than check to,see if your IP has changed, and you can see your IP right there in router settings or use IPBurger.com or whatever IP site you like ,

Now at this point your IP should of changed, or you may not have an Internet connection, if you do not have an Internet connection than:

Turn the power off and on to the modem and do the same with the router, when they both power up than you should have a new IP with an Internet connection

Some routers like the netgear N600 all you need to do is change the Mac and click Apply and power on and off the modem and this is enough to change the IP,

Other routers you need to click apply after router settings and as soon as you click apply you can than power on and off the router and modem

If you do this correctly you will change your IP

What Router have you Purchased??
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
yellowrotorway (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I'm not sure if your being serious here or just messing around, but I'll give it one more shot to try and help.

If you found a modem and router combo that you are able to getting into your router settings than stick with that.

Now did you do all the steps or did you just change the Mac Address??

Once in router settings, all u need to do is change the last 2 digits, which sometimes is 2 numbers or a number or letter

After typing in the new digits, there should be a button to click saying "APPLY" or something like that.

When you click that Apply button you should see on the screen that the new MAC address is being loaded

At this time just unplug your modem, or if you have it plugged into a surge protector just turn the power button off and than on and you should see the modem lights all blinking and resetting

Now just wait, at this time your modem is powering up and on your screen you should be in router settings and the Mac should be loading

After a couple minutes , be patient , different hardware will require slightly different timing to reset, but once everything comes back on you should pick up a connection

Once you are reconnected to the Internet and you can see this by looking at the Internet icon usually on the bottom right of your monitor, than check to,see if your IP has changed, and you can see your IP right there in router settings or use IPBurger.com or whatever IP site you like ,

Now at this point your IP should of changed, or you may not have an Internet connection, if you do not have an Internet connection than:

Turn the power off and on to the modem and do the same with the router, when they both power up than you should have a new IP with an Internet connection

Some routers like the netgear N600 all you need to do is change the Mac and click Apply and power on and off the modem and this is enough to change the IP,

Other routers you need to click apply after router settings and as soon as you click apply you can than power on and off the router and modem

If you do this correctly you will change your IP

What Router have you Purchased??
The Router is the Belkin n600. Thank you very much for the step by step instructions. I really appreciate this. I needed that. I will be going through this and will let you know. Thanks again!
Old 03-21-2015
Threadstarter  

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, I was only changing 1 digit PLUS someone told me to unplug the ROUTER not the modem!!

Thank You!
Old 04-13-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Guys I was reading this whole thread and I am amazed at how hard you all have tried to help him out. Admirable really, so much patience!

yellowrotorway, word of advice, your rather negative attitude towards yourself and your life will not really get you far.

Everytime you say "NOTHING WORKS FOR ME" etc, you're going nowhere. This kinda language does not contribute to your business and personal life, does it.

Simply stop and remember that there's many great people here who can help!

Best regards.
Checkmate. (01-12-2017), unkown5454 (04-13-2015)