Some advise please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-27-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Some advise please

Basically I'm in a spot of bother and need some advise on what will happen.

I recently opened my paypal account received some money and my paypal was limited due to a strong link with another paypal account.
I called paypal saying I do not have another account but they said there was another created on the same advise with the same bank. They then later discovered that the account had used my ID but with an edited name. They said I would need to file a police report to reopen the account.
I was about to do this until my son admitted he has used my ID and edited it so he could sell on eBay. So obviously I do not want to file a police report anymore. (I know my son has committed a crime, but I would much perfer to deal with it myself than let the police do it, he's only 14.)
My questions are, will paypal file a police report them selves as they have knowledge that my ID has been used twice and manipulated?
I got an email saying my funds would be released after 180 days, will this still be the case?
Many thanks, I'm just looking for advise on this situation please.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2017

Longevity: 80%
Default Re: Some advise please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey45678 View Post
Basically I'm in a spot of bother and need some advise on what will happen.

I recently opened my paypal account received some money and my paypal was limited due to a strong link with another paypal account.
I called paypal saying I do not have another account but they said there was another created on the same advise with the same bank. They then later discovered that the account had used my ID but with an edited name. They said I would need to file a police report to reopen the account.
I was about to do this until my son admitted he has used my ID and edited it so he could sell on eBay. So obviously I do not want to file a police report anymore. (I know my son has committed a crime, but I would much perfer to deal with it myself than let the police do it, he's only 14.)
My questions are, will paypal file a police report them selves as they have knowledge that my ID has been used twice and manipulated?
I got an email saying my funds would be released after 180 days, will this still be the case?
Many thanks, I'm just looking for advise on this situation please.
No, they will not file a police report. I have been also threatened by paypal workers with "prosecuting", they just want to threaten you.
Just wait 180 days and you will get that money.
Old 01-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkt234 View Post
No, they will not file a police report. I have been also threatened by paypal workers with "prosecuting", they just want to threaten you.
Thanks for the reassurance. Just seems strange that they would release the funds even know they know that some identity fraud has gone on on one of the accounts.. :/
Old 01-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey45678 View Post
Thanks for the reassurance. Just seems strange that they would release the funds even know they know that some identity fraud has gone on on one of the accounts.. :/
PayPal kind of suck at keeping notes or having some kind of continues flowing information system.

In 180 days chances are the employee that releases the funds will have no clue of your initial conversation. Heck chances are you could call tomorrow and they wont have any idea what you talking about.

This is why some persistent sellers get accounts reinstated by calling back over and over...
Old 01-28-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkt234 View Post
sometime paypal threathen to me also what to do with them
any petitition somebody file in the past ?
Old 01-28-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandyalg View Post
sometime paypal threathen to me also what to do with them
any petitition somebody file in the past ?

We can all file petition together in the COURT
if we unite paypal will step down from Limitation
Old 01-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

No do not worry, they never file anything....

Your kid is a bit of a handful though, I would keep a close eye, as that stuff can escalate....its a sign of high intelligence too...I am not being critical, as I have a kid like that.......

now about the releasing money part, if they emailed you then just wait and see but I am afraid there have been reports of them refusing to release at 180 in UK. If it is alot of money you may want to take professional advice about if they can even make a contract with a minor and what would happen to the money under these circumstances.....but fingers crossed

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-28-2017 at 10:59 AM.