My own PP acc is limited please advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default My own PP acc is limited please advice

hello to everybody.

my story is:

I am from country where we can't receive funds via PayPal.
I live in China for last 2 years so I registered PayPal there on my own name and address, first I had personal "premier" account, but after I started regularly receive money from Ebay, PayPal offers me "merchant" level of fees, this fees was little lower then regular so I accepted them and my account turned into "business" account, however nobody asked me for business documents prior this transformation.
Few weeks ago I was in Ukraine where I am originally from and log in to my PP account several times and after short time I got message from PayPal that I need to send then pictures of my ID, proof of address, business registration and some other info. ID was accepted quickly, to proof my address I sent them different documents several times, some of them was rejected because they decided that they are too old so I uploaded the freshest I have and status is "in progress" almost 10 days. I don't have business registration at China, however I e-mail them explanations about how I operated business etc ..
I can't call to this "Compliance Department" , I wrote them several e-mails however didn't get any exact answer, just common sentences that I am most valuable customer and they will try to help me as soon as possible.

How do you people think, will they reinstate my account? How long this could take? Or at least could I ever get my money back from this account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: My own PP acc is limited please advice

What is the amount being held at this time?

So you turned the account into business account but you do not have business documents to support it? I am just trying to understand better.
Old 02-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

Sounds like one big mess involving several countries that paypal would not consider the safest to do business with.
Why can you not call exactly?
I wouldnt hold my breath. Theres a good chance this account is gone so you might want to start thinking about the future and opening a few backup accounts.
Old 02-22-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What is the amount being held at this time?

So you turned the account into business account but you do not have business documents to support it? I am just trying to understand better.
near $5000
yes, I don't have any business documents in China, I have some in Ukraine but this is useless here. Normal adequate companies require business documents prior registering any business. I don't remember exactly but I think that there was some kind of pressure from PP side to transform my account into business one.
Old 02-23-2017

Longevity: 53%

A common mistake - to covert PP into business and then get into "provide business documents" trap. As I see, the only resort is to call PayPal and tell them that you've switched to Business account by mistake, and ask them to covert you into a Private account, so all business documents will not be required. Also, never access PayPal from different countries, if it is registered in country A - never access it from country B, loads of issues may come.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
Z19 (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
A common mistake - to covert PP into business and then get into "provide business documents" trap. As I see, the only resort is to call PayPal and tell them that you've switched to Business account by mistake, and ask them to covert you into a Private account, so all business documents will not be required. Also, never access PayPal from different countries, if it is registered in country A - never access it from country B, loads of issues may come.
Thank you. This is good advice if this is possible to convert it back to private account.
I thought if I have at 1 year old cookies wouldn't be any problems.