PayPal limited only 1 step confirm phone - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-16-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default PayPal limited only 1 step confirm phone

Hello guys.

PayPal limited

1 step: Confirm Identity

When try add any phone, it show: It looks like this number isn’t registered in your name. Please try a different number.

Calling in paypal agent said: complete this step and that all.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Last edited by N@Kes; 04-16-2017 at 09:51 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2017

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: PayPal limited only 1 step confirm phone

Something has triggered their system to question your identity, and would like to perform a validation of your information against a US telephone number with matching details.

Unfortunately for you, PayPal have the upper-hand in the United States when it comes to validating identities through the telephone providers, so if you can't add a phone number that matches your PayPal identity, you're in a bit of mud here.

The limitation is quite soft, so it isn't the end of the world, but I'd recommend checking if you're able to submit documentation in lieu of telephone validation. If you are able to, and the account is worth the time, produce or purchase some documentation for PayPal to review (make it look genuine, but they can't validate it) and you should be alright with a bit of luck.
Old 04-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
but I'd recommend checking if you're able to submit documentation in lieu of telephone validation.
Documents accepted, but when i calling in paypal agent say complete this step
Old 04-16-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@Kes View Post
Documents accepted, but when i calling in paypal agent say complete this step
Don't listen to them, they're repeating what the computer says. If it is accepting documentation as an alternative, then that is your only option if you can't provide a number that matches the PayPal identity.

I don't know how the in's and out's of their system in the US, so perhaps a US member could provide some help with the telephone part, but as far as I am aware, if you can't use the phone, then send off some produced or purchased ID for them to review.

In the UK, they'll accept any mobile number, so I'm not used to that restriction, but we have the EU Receiving Limit, so that's our equivalent barrier to yours.
Old 04-16-2017
Threadstarter  

it step don't have alternative, only confirm identity.

and also when i try send payment , paypal wants confirm phone number, but my phone number is't showing.

Last edited by N@Kes; 04-16-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2017

Quote:
it step don't have alternative, only confirm identity.
When you click on the step 'Confirm Identity', does it only accept a phone number, or does it have two options, with one offering to submit ID via upload or fax?
Old 04-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerald View Post
When you click on the step 'Confirm Identity', does it only accept a phone number, or does it have two options, with one offering to submit ID via upload or fax?
Showing only confirm identity, don't have other alternative.
I already confirmed documents 1 week ago

Last edited by N@Kes; 04-16-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-16-2017

Quote:
Showing only confirm phone, don't have other alternative.
Well in that case, if there's no alternative option, unless a US member has another option for you, it looks like you're stuck.

Since you've spoken with them, it could be worth explaining to them that you have a Pre-Pay (or whatever they call it in America) number and it doesn't have your name registered to it.

Provided that they're happy with your request, I can't see why they wouldn't be able to adjust your limitation to accept documentation instead, since that's more soluble to them than a phone number.

I'd give that a go unless someone who's in your country has a better alternative for you to do.
Old 04-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerald View Post
Well in that case, if there's no alternative option, unless a US member has another option for you, it looks like you're stuck.

Since you've spoken with them, it could be worth explaining to them that you have a Pre-Pay (or whatever they call it in America) number and it doesn't have your name registered to it.

Provided that they're happy with your request, I can't see why they wouldn't be able to adjust your limitation to accept documentation instead, since that's more soluble to them than a phone number.

I'd give that a go unless someone who's in your country has a better alternative for you to do.
I think on forum have guys who can register prepaid sim card in my paypal name, and complete this step.
Old 04-16-2017

Quote:
I think on forum have guys who can register prepaid sim card in my paypal name, and complete this step.
In that case, I'd look into that, if it can restore your account access, it would be worth it.
Old 04-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
In that case, I'd look into that, if it can restore your account access, it would be worth it.
it worth it.
Old 04-16-2017
Banned

Longevity: 42%

As far as I can tell, this whole "not in your name" thing is a load of crap, and they don't have the means to check that anyway. It's the error they give you if you try using a different number from the one you registered the account with.

Is this what's happened here? Are you trying to use a different phone number from the original one?
Old 04-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsierngue View Post
As far as I can tell, this whole "not in your name" thing is a load of crap, and they don't have the means to check that anyway. It's the error they give you if you try using a different number from the one you registered the account with.

Is this what's happened here? Are you trying to use a different phone number from the original one?
No
When i register account we add mobile phone, but when i want make confirm identity, paypal not showing my number, i trying add my number also, and again i have this error. PayPal have added based phone number holders , and when i try add holder phone number, it accept it. That why need phone number register in my paypal name and address i think.

Last edited by N@Kes; 04-17-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsierngue View Post

Many local phone numbers in the U.S. register with a central Caller ID Name (CNAM) database. This database contains identity information about the business or person associated with the number. PayPal use this during identity validation to return that identity information for the entered phone number. If the phone number doesn't contain any relevant information or mismatched, PayPal may refuse to accept it.

You're a UK user, so PayPal do not perform that check when adding a mobile or phone to your account. We have the EU Receiving Limit, so that's our downfall instead of that.
Old 04-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You're a UK user, so PayPal do not perform that check when adding a mobile or phone to your account. We have the EU Receiving Limit, so that's our downfall instead of that.
I am using PayPal US, not UK.
and i upload screen example from US account
Old 04-18-2017

Quote:
I am using PayPal US, not UK.
and i upload screen example from US account
I was referring to the user in my quote, not you.