Negative Balance from another account - Account limited now - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Negative Balance from another account - Account limited now

Hi all,

New on this forum but i'm sure we are all here for the same reasons!

Need some advice from you experts. The background is I had an account from a few years ago that must have had a charge back and went into negative balance.

A couple of weeks ago, the current paypal account that I have been using suddenly got limited - reasons citing that it was linked to another one (see above) where there is a negative balance.

Now the only issue is there is a decent amount of money in the current one and from reading all of these horror stories, i'm concerned that even If I pay off that negative balance from the other account, I might still not be able to access the current accounts balance.

What are my options here? I have spoken the agents and they all said that I need to pay off the negative balance first before. A few questions:

1) do I just wait 180 days and hope that the funds can be withdrawn to the bank account?
2) pay off the negative balance and hope that I can access the current account?

Would love to hear from your guys.

thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Negative Balance from another account - Account limited now

Anyone able to help me?

sorry for the bump
Old 07-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

1 - If they have linked you to an account with a large negative balance they may well not let you withdraw until the negative balance is paid off

2 - This is the best option. They may well not reinstate the account, but the negative balance needs paying one way or another anyway so this is your best bet
Old 07-25-2017

Longevity: 80%

I had the same thing, but after 180 days it was still possible to withdraw.
Old 07-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums OP - all the best as you master stealth
Old 07-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the responses guys.

@ TKT234

How large was your negative balance if you don't mind me asking?

I also dont believe they can stop us from accessing our own money - banks can't even do that unless there is a court order - how would PayPal be able to?
Old 07-25-2017

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
Thanks for the responses guys.

@ TKT234

How large was your negative balance if you don't mind me asking?

I also dont believe they can stop us from accessing our own money - banks can't even do that unless there is a court order - how would PayPal be able to?
I don't remember. It was not a lot. It was a long time ago.
Old 08-02-2017
Threadstarter  

thanks for the replies guys -- helpful.

Can I just check, if I already have an Australian bank account linked to this account, after 180 days and I still cannot resolve with Paypal, can i withdraw the existing funds into the Australian bank account? or do they remove the bank account as part of the limitation at some stage?
Old 08-02-2017

Longevity: 53%

You should be able to withdraw after 180 days mate regardless of your other account. I've had this a few times and always been able to get it after 180 days, although they do sometimes try mess you about for an extra day or so and the bank you have attatched now will be fine to withdraw.
Old 08-02-2017
Threadstarter  

thanks Mike. Helpful.

180 days seems like a long wait - I guess i'm only like 25 days in!
Old 08-10-2017

Longevity: 43%

I can confirm as well. Wait the 180 days and then withdraw regardless of other negative PP account. PP has no legal authority to take money from your current limited PP account to transfer this to your negative. They can ask you but you have no obligation to assist. If you pay it off you played right into their hands and your current PP account and the negative one I am certain will still be limited as you be conidered a risk to PP. If PP want the funds back they need to take legal action against you which they are unlikely to do and most probably passed on to the debt collectors who you should just ignore if you haven't already done so
Old 08-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
1 - If they have linked you to an account with a large negative balance they may well not let you withdraw until the negative balance is paid off

2 - This is the best option. They may well not reinstate the account, but the negative balance needs paying one way or another anyway so this is your best bet
Sorry James totally disagree personally from experience. PP cannot retain the funds any further to pay off a negative balance.
Old 08-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles123 View Post
Sorry James totally disagree personally from experience. PP cannot retain the funds any further to pay off a negative balance.
Thanks for that.

haha maybe JamesNorth101 works for Paypal!
Old 08-11-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Normally the negative balance will need to be brought to $0 at least.

Have you gotten the stealth guide yet? I recommend it, it's extremely useful not just to create accounts, but also to understand how it works and how to operate one the right way.
Old 08-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
Thanks for that.

haha maybe JamesNorth101 works for Paypal!
Haha maybe James is a secret member of staff! He might know something different. That is my understanding in the UK PP here.

Where are you located and how old is the linked negative PP? Is it a big balance?
Old 08-14-2017
Threadstarter  

haha I was being facetious of course!

I'm based in Australia (account is Australian) - old account is about 3 years old and the balance is c. $1,000-2,000 (let me know if that overturns your original thoughts). I was a victim of the notorious "Not as described, file a claim and send back a rock, paypal will refund regardless" so I said no thanks.

I've also filed a complaint to my local Financial Ombudsman for review. It doesn't seem right - they shouldn't have any legal claim to the funds in the account. A real bank can't withhold me from accessing my money (unless court freezes it) so how can Paypal be above that?

Keep you all posted on how the complaint goes. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-14-2017

Longevity: 41%

Did you lend some money from paypal ? Maybe that's why its showing you negative balance

you have to give back these money to paypal in order to withdraw in future

Last edited by cool25; 08-14-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-24-2017
Threadstarter  

gents:

I read the T&Cs carefully. There is a clause (see below) that states that they can take money from one account (that has credit) and transfer it to another.... have anyone seen this happen before?

Also, my limitation is now "High Impact" - is there any instances where Paypal wont let you withdraw after 180 days? thanks again.

------------------------

12.3 If there are insufficient funds in your account to cover any amount you owe us, our Related Bodies Corporate or eBay, the amount becomes immediately due and payable. You authorise us to satisfy any such monetary liability to us, our Related Bodies Corporate or eBay notified to you by:

- Debiting your account at a later date;
- Debiting your selected Payment Method;
- Setting off the credit balance of any account you have with us or any monetary liability we owe you in and towards satisfaction of your monetary liability to us, our Related Bodies Corporate or eBay; or
- Any other legal means.
Old 08-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

This is similar to "Right of Offset" rules that banks use. It legally gives them the right to take funds from one account to satisfy the deficiency in another.

I know that PayPal isn't technically a bank, but they use many of the same rules and procedues that any normal bank does.
Old 08-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
This is similar to "Right of Offset" rules that banks use. It legally gives them the right to take funds from one account to satisfy the deficiency in another.

I know that PayPal isn't technically a bank, but they use many of the same rules and procedues that any normal bank does.
I haven't read from other users here (well none that I have seen so far) that has experience them taking funds from one account and put into another before?

Also, i'm currently going through the Financial Ombudsman complaint route so i'm assuming they are not going to touch the account until things become resolved / or unresolved. Which also reminds me, does continuing to dispute this with Paypal mean that they are "Reviewing" this case, i.e., its actually delaying the 180 days rule given they keep "opening" the case?
Old 08-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

There is no right or wrong answer, they might pay out at 180, or they might seize the funds for the pay-off.

I only heard once or twice on forum that monies were taken and used across accounts....I think it is rare.

You can just not pay off the neg amount, in case, the 180 money does not get paid out either...... if they are going to take money off you, let them do it from the 180 money....

I have heard of them in UK not paying out at 180, but that was for different reasons to your scenario.

or pay it off and fingers crossed.

what affects decision also is - it depends on the differences in balances, is the neg money alot more or less that the 180?

have you tried saying the neg acc has nothing to do with you? or are you too linked up?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-25-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
There is no right or wrong answer, they might pay out at 180, or they might seize the funds for the pay-off.

I only heard once or twice on forum that monies were taken and used across accounts....I think it is rare.

You can just not pay off the neg amount, in case, the 180 money does not get paid out either...... if they are going to take money off you, let them do it from the 180 money....

I have heard of them in UK not paying out at 180, but that was for different reasons to your scenario.

or pay it off and fingers crossed.

what affects decision also is - it depends on the differences in balances, is the neg money alot more or less that the 180?

have you tried saying the neg acc has nothing to do with you? or are you too linked up?
Thanks for the reply. Its linked up as it was my legitimate account prior to opening this one. I only opened a new account as I got scammed by a buyer who sent back an empty box (almost empty) and Paypal sided with him.

The amount in the 180 day account is almost 2x the negative account.