Paypal limitation for a new US account, I am Canadian - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-27-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Paypal limitation for a new US account, I am Canadian

Well, I am a 3 year good ebay seller in Canada, everything is fine unless i thought I would get a US bank account to link to a new US paypal email address to save some exchange fee. Before, I have 2 paypal email address linked to me and i removed one and trying to use this one with the new US address and US bank account. I used my friend's address and name when registered with paypal, yet, the email address was previsely used but later removed from the previous account. Now before I added the new US bank account, paypal has send me limitations last night. SSN number and invoice etc.needed. Currently there are about 3K in the new paypal account. Those are some of the payment which still directed to the previously set up pp payment address over eb. I have just confirmed all future payment goes to the old paypal email. While the old paypal email and the eb account is still in good shape for now.

Ok, i bought the book from aspkin, thanks a lot for the info. And my question here is:

Should i ask my friend to tell paypal and admit we are Canadian and this is a newly set business and not yet have all the information required.

Or,
I call paypal directly and tell them that my pp was hacked and someone got it before i was able to change all my listings payment to the current one.

I can wait the 180 days for the 3K last check, but mostly worried will my old paypal account and curent ebay account be affected and down for ever. Those 2 are good.

Please Aspkin tell me the best practice... I know it is not a big case here, but need your help. Any suggestion will be much appreciated! And I will keep you guys updated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You are in a bit of bind - especially since you used a formerly-used e-mail, you are now linked. Was that e-mail banned already? Then I would say you are prob out of luck.

BUT: Do not admit anything EVER to Pa yp al - it is NOT a friendly service.

Provide them with the info they want i.e. limitation steps. If you can`t provide the SSN, call them up and explain you are a business or something but don`t say hijacked or we are canadian, etc - you just give pa yp al more reason to `Yes - please send info...ok thank you for info...you are banned, thank you`.

Make new stealth accounts in the meantime and spread sales. All the best - look forward to more questions as you decide what to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
abcdsilly (04-30-2011)