Don't use paypal account or close it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-08-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Don't use paypal account or close it?

Hello,
eBay account suspended and paypal permanently limited.

My spouse has a paypal account which is fine. It never received any seller payment (used as buyer account only).

Obviously the address on the account is the same as my limited paypal account.
I'm gonna go stealth.

Can my spouse's paypal account be open and used in the future or should it be closed now before a new account be opened or abandoned?

Thanks for advise.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

keep the buying account, there is a good chance that even though it is in same details as limited one, it will be fine for buying, and that makes it useful.

just keep it unlinked to any future accs you make.
Old 03-09-2012
Threadstarter  

How do I keep it unlinked? Like I said the address is the same as the address on the limited/suspended accounts. Changing the address now doesn't matter, does it?
Old 03-09-2012

Longevity: 73%

dont link it to any new ebay accounts. and dont use it on any other new accounts for buying. only use it with the account it is currently linked to. should keep it from getting linked further
Old 03-09-2012
Threadstarter  

AGAIN, the address is the same as in the limited paypal account (our residence address). The new stealth account will be a business account and my spouse is the owner of the business. However, if they ask for driver's license or something like that they will see our residence address. Yes the account is good for buying but keeping it will impose a risk or not? That's what I'm wondering about...
Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yeah I mean unlinked to new accs.....

be really careful, but as I say a buying acc at your address is useful.
Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
Hello,
eBay account suspended and paypal permanently limited.

My spouse has a paypal account which is fine. It never received any seller payment (used as buyer account only).

Obviously the address on the account is the same as my limited paypal account.
I'm gonna go stealth.

Can my spouse's paypal account be open and used in the future or should it be closed now before a new account be opened or abandoned?

Thanks for advise.
Sensibly that paypal account would never go near ebay again for any reason.

Given the history of a limited account, paypal now may look at ANY paypal of yours/spouse and decide to limit that as well.

I would let the account lie dormant ( never touch it).

Concentrate on the new stealth you.

paypal is becoming more proactive in limiting accounts associated with those that have had the dear john letter.
Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
AGAIN, the address is the same as in the limited paypal account (our residence address). The new stealth account will be a business account and my spouse is the owner of the business. However, if they ask for driver's license or something like that they will see our residence address. Yes the account is good for buying but keeping it will impose a risk or not? That's what I'm wondering about...
Well that's not a good move.

The bottom line of this stealth is to be a NEW you.

Using an old address creates a LINK.

Links are dangerous.

It would be preferable to have a PO Box for all your needs.

Just let me repeat dont even think of buying with that old paypal. I've seen that fail too often
Old 03-13-2012
Threadstarter  

I decided to close that account. Now two questions:
1. paypal didn't close it online with a lame excuse every time I tried. When called them yesterday, he said he got an internal error (yeah right!!). He said it'll take 24 hours to close that account. Will they close it as they said or they will create yet another headache just to close the damn account?
2. Suppose that they close it today. Should I wait some time before I open a new business account? If so, for how long?

Thanks for advice.

P.S: I HATE ebay and paypal from the bottom of my heart but how sad is it to HAVING TO work with them?
Old 03-13-2012

you could open a new stealth business account immediately. you can NEVER use the info from that closed account ever again. closing the account does nothing. i cant stress this enough, the info used on that account ie address, phone, name, bank accounts, CC, etc, are DEAD FOREVER.
Old 03-13-2012
Threadstarter  

is that right? closing does nothing? They haven't closed the account yet. The information on the business account will be completely different except for the owner's address on the driver's licence (if they ask for it). It is not the same as the business address. They will only see it if they ask for ID.
Does anyone know what information ebay/paypal ask about the owner of the business?
Old 03-13-2012

yes, closing does nothing. dont think that when they close the account the info is just thrown in the shredder, this simply isnt true.
Old 03-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
is that right? closing does nothing? They haven't closed the account yet. The information on the business account will be completely different except for the owner's address on the driver's licence (if they ask for it). It is not the same as the business address. They will only see it if they ask for ID.
Does anyone know what information ebay/paypal ask about the owner of the business?
Also, what's really puzzling is that how come this paypal account is still fine after more than a month of the other account being permanently limited and ebay accounts indefinitely suspended!! Isn't it a BIG NO NO to link accounts for this exact reason? Physical address, IP address, and email was the same between the downed paypal account, this paypal account, and several downed ebay accounts.

What I really like to know now is that what information ebay/paypal ask about the owner of the business.
Old 03-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanws30 View Post
yes, closing does nothing. dont think that when they close the account the info is just thrown in the shredder, this simply isnt true.
No, I meant closing does nothing in my situation? I know closing will not prevent account linking.
Old 03-14-2012

you can do 1 of 2 things.

you can keep receiving payments on that account and eventually become limited due to the link with the other account, or

you can simply abandoned the account and never log into it again. you can close it, but there really is no reason for it.