Paypal will not release my money after 180 days. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Paypal will not release my money after 180 days.

I have received the email saying i can withdraw my money. I signed in and tried to add a bank account. I had an error message saying my registration was not possible at that time. I called paypal and they said that i have to send my ID in order to have access to my fund!

Never ever happened before..

I argued with the guy on the phone and he told me they have to make sure that it is me who wants to get the money out.

I think that happened because i signed in to my account from different IPS/ISPs.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Paypal will not release my money after 180 days.

Then do what they ask or forfeit the funds.

Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

This is one of the reasons that you never want to leave a large sum of money in a PayPal account. I leave enough to cover my eBay fees and potential refunds. Everything else is withdrawn at least once a week.
Old 09-02-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Sounds like a browser cookie/IP issue. :/

Accessing your account from an unknown device.
Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Indirectly paypal has kept many thousands of dollars of mine. Indirectly meaning one of my sellers, not me or my account. It has been almost a year and evidently they are keeping the last 5k....
Old 09-03-2014

Longevity: 77%

I think you have to show them up what they want after the arguing or you loose it.
Old 09-04-2014

Longevity: 86%
Angry Re: Paypal will not release my money after 180 days.

I am in similar case, I made more than 2500 euros/year and was limited.

Nowadays, after more than 300 days, is still limited, and I will not provide any documentation.

I am going to ask them, to close the account and refund.

any idea?

thanks
Old 09-04-2014

Longevity: 56%

So people who fail the document verification are doomed to loose all their money on this acc?
Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
So people who fail the document verification are doomed to loose all their money on this acc?
paypal has always had the right to decline to release held funds if conditions are not met.

Old 09-04-2014

Longevity: 86%

One year ago, I went to police because after 6 months, my money was not released.

After 25 minutes there, I received an email that was released...

Here in Spain, they cannot operate as a bank, and for sure the will not able.

It is a pity the behaviour of paypal and the lack of clarity.
Old 09-04-2014

Activity: 1%

I have the same problem .. I have a 400e from stealth has approx 300 days ago .. call and they said they would not return the money until you send documents .. I told them I had already spent 180 days, they told me I could reterner money indefinitely ..
Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Plan of action aquabats? What do you intend to do to resolve?
Old 09-04-2014

Activity: 1%

10 Your Responsibility steps we can take
10.1 Your liability.

You are responsible for all Reversals, Chargebacks, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by PayPal, a PayPal user or a third party caused by the use you have made of the Services and / or caused by a breach of these Terms of Use by you. Agree to reimburse PayPal, a User or a third party the amounts for such liability.
Accountability to claims under the PayPal Buyer Protection. Notwithstanding any other section of these Terms of Use, if PayPal makes a final decision that you lose a Claim filed directly with PayPal for registered anywhere in the world buyer, PayPal will reimburse you for the responsibility you incurred. Your liability will include the full purchase price of the item and original postage costs (and in some cases, you may find it can not return the item). Perhaps the PayPal Seller Protection cover liability; see section 11 below.
Reimbursement responsibility. If you are responsible for any amounts owed ​​to PayPal, PayPal may immediately remove that amount from your balance (if available). If the account balance is insufficient to cover liability, PayPal reserves the right to satisfy its debt payments in using your account, otherwise you agree to reimburse PayPal through other means. PayPal may also recover amounts owed ​​to us by legal means, including but not limited to, the use of a debt collection company.
Temporary withholding disputed transactions. If a buyer files a Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal on a payment you received, PayPal will place a temporary hold on the funds in your account to cover the total amount of the Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal. A withholding applied under this provision will not restrict your use of the Account with respect to various funds which are in dispute or low risk according to the Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal unless we have another reason. If you win the dispute or if the payment is eligible for a payment under the terms of the PayPal Seller Protection, release the hold and restore your access to the applicable funds. If you lose the dispute, PayPal will remove the funds from your Account.
10.2 Measures taken by PayPal. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any Restricted Activities, we may take various actions to protect PayPal, eBay, a User, a third party or you from Reversals, Chargebacks, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and any other liability. The actions we may take include but are not limited to:

We may, at any time and without liability, suspend, block, limit, close or cancel your right to use your Payment Instrument or Account entirely or to any particular transaction, which in turn may suspend, block, limit, close or cancel access to your Account or the Services (such as limiting access to any of their sources of funds and their ability to send money, make withdrawals, or remove financial information). Usually inform you in advance of any suspension or cancellation, but we can, if it is reasonable (for example, if you breach the Agreement or at our discretion for security reasons), suspend or terminate the right to use your Payment Instrument or account without notice;
Block your Account or retain funds in the Reserve Account (including, without limitation, for more than 180 days if required by PayPal, on the assumption that the rights of Paypal listed in section 10.2 for their participation in the activity applicable restricted under Section 9.1 g).;
Reject any payment transaction at any time for any reason themselves solely to notify the rejection and the reasons for, and how you can solve the problem, if possible, upon request and where the law does not prohibit it;
We may cancel a payment (including a payment to the sender Source of funds, if any) that violates our Acceptable Use Policy or section 9, or we suspect, on reasonable grounds, that may be infringiéndolas;
We can get in touch with others and reveal details of the Restricted Activities in the manner set forth in our Privacy Policy;
You may request information or ask you to modify correct information you have provided;
We can refuse to provide our services in the future;
We may hold your funds in the amount and for as long as is reasonably necessary to protect the risk of liability. You acknowledge that as a non-exhaustive guide:
The risk of liability with respect to PayPal card payments that you receive can last until he has passed the risk of closure of a Chargeback for payer / buyer (as determined by the regulations on cards). This depends on certain factors, including, without limitation but not limited to:
The type of products or services for which you receive payment or
The delivery of goods or performance of services for which you receive payment (p. Example., Selling tickets for events months before the date of the event can be a durable and highest risk of Return by the sale of most of the other items or services);
The risk of liability with respect to a PayPal claim or dispute arising out of a payment you receive can last the time it takes for the parties to close the Claim or Dispute and all appeals related to a Claim or Dispute of according to Section 13 of these Terms of Use;
The risk of liability with respect to any PayPal eventual insolvency you suffer can last as long and to the extent that the law applicable to insolvency restrict the adoption of legal measures by PayPal against you and
If you allow your Account has a negative balance that reflects an amount owed to PayPal, PayPal liability risk can last as long and to the extent that you still owe that amount to PayPal and
We may take legal action against you
Old 09-04-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Plan of action aquabats? What do you intend to do to resolve?
Sorry guys, i have been too busy to answer. By the time, I've found an alternative solution.
I know i could get my money released just by providing them with what they ask for but i wanted to try a different method.

they have received a warning letter by my lawyer ( my brother is a lawyer), After that i had to call them and lady on the phone has spoken to senior agent of the resolution department.. I think they just checked the fax we have sent to them. They have released my money immediately.

This method may not be so useful if your lawyer's fee is extreme. For this situation, i had to pay nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to aquabats For This Useful Post:
aspkin (09-04-2014)
Old 09-04-2014

Longevity: 60%

yes . i have same problem. i call paypal today and require paypal release my money but they still not release and say will hold my fund forever. they say only the lawyer can get the money . do you have the fax number of paypal ?? i want waring letter. thank you
Old 09-04-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidq12 View Post
yes . i have same problem. i call paypal today and require paypal release my money but they still not release and say will hold my fund forever. they say only the lawyer can get the money . do you have the fax number of paypal ?? i want waring letter. thank you
Didn't they ask for your ID ?

this is what they asked from me.

They may not hold your fund forever. It is illegal for them to hold an unclaimed money (my opinion, i might be wrong).

Click on contact button after you logged in to your paypal , call the number that is presented to you. Ask for their fax numbers. every division may have different phone numbers.
Old 02-10-2017

Longevity: 44%

Op, Is your account stealth?
Old 02-10-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Only buyers are safe with Gaypal, if you don't know this by now, you should.
Old 07-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabats View Post
Sorry guys, i have been too busy to answer. By the time, I've found an alternative solution.
I know i could get my money released just by providing them with what they ask for but i wanted to try a different method.

they have received a warning letter by my lawyer ( my brother is a lawyer), After that i had to call them and lady on the phone has spoken to senior agent of the resolution department.. I think they just checked the fax we have sent to them. They have released my money immediately.

This method may not be so useful if your lawyer's fee is extreme. For this situation, i had to pay nothing.
Are you able to share the worded document your brother sent?
Old 07-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by paypalpains View Post
Are you able to share the worded document your brother sent?
Poster has not been on the forum in ages....just fyi
Old 07-13-2018

Rsot, thanks

Is there any solution to this palava ?
Old 07-17-2018

Longevity: 36%

there asking me now for more photo id before i can have the funds released of £3200.00 and another utility bill, so frustrating, not sure what to do, they want birth certificate for my stealth account.

and on my other stealth, its got £1700 in ad they want same for that one too.

its been 200+ days now since it was held.