Questing Providing Shipping Information to Remove Limitation... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Question Questing Providing Shipping Information to Remove Limitation...

To get my account restored paypal is asking for shipping information and to provide invoices. The invoices Ive done, and the trackings numbers I have.
However my question is, when I provide them my shipping information, will they release the hold so long as all the tracking numbers are at least shown by USPS to be in transit, or should I wait until they've all been delivered?
Here is the reason I hesitate to go ahead and give it to them now:
----In the past when trying to restore a limited account Id say I have a 90% chance restoring successfully if I can get the rep on the phone to restore it while on the phone with me. BUT if I don't actually call in after submitting whatever they've requested, and instead just let them review it on their own time it almost never gets released. SO its important in my experience to not ever just leave a limitation to get reviewed on its own, nor believe a rep on the phone if they tell you that they will be removing it, as Ive had that happen time and again, only to receive a very disappointing email a day or two later.

-------My dilemma (and the reason I want to lift the limitation ASAP):
Prior to the limitation I had about $800 in my balance that was no longer pending and available to use, and I need to refund someone. Im worried if I wait for every shipment to be delivered before I call the buyer waiting to be refund may file a claim, which could make the limitation worse.

Whats the lesser of two evils here? Opinions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Questing Providing Shipping Information to Remove Limitation...

They will want the tracking to show as delivered on the limitation.

Can you not email the buyer wanting a refund and come up with a delay tactic to buy you some time if you are that worried about a case being opened?
Old 09-28-2014
Threadstarter  

yes I suppose Ill probably ended up doing that today. I was just curious as to what others thought and had experienced, in the hopes that maybe I didn't have to go that route. Im I sure I can buy myself a a few days if I say the refund will take a few days to process through my bank or something along those lines.
Thanks for your help!
Old 09-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

How many items are you shipping without uploading tracking? Particular reason why?
Old 09-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
How many items are you shipping without uploading tracking? Particular reason why?
No deliberate reason. I had already emailed the buyers with the tracking information, so I knew they weren't waiting on it, and I usually don't have any reason to input the tracking info until its been delivered and I need to for when I call paypal and have them release the funds from the 21 day hold early. My issue in this instance is just because Im not sure whether paypal will remove the limitation once receiving the tracking info if the item has been shipped but is not yet at its final destination. All they ask for in the resolution center is proof of shipping, so theoretically they should remove the limitation once I provide them proof of shipping. But I wouldn't be surprised if when I can I come to find out what they actually wanted was proof of delivery, which I wont have for all the transactions for another few days.
Old 09-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Are you sending the tracking via ebay message?

I always avoid communication at all costs. It keeps the communication DSR five stars via ebay automatically. If you send a message, then the buyer can leave a rating.

As for payment release:
If you load tracking to ebay, ebay communicates this directly to paypal. Typically I get funds right after the item is delivered, sometimes before and almost never 21 days.

In my experience loading tracking is faster than sending a message and gets me the funds fastest with no risk of paypal or ebay asking for it. It also gives me highest DSR for communication and shipping speed because ebay almost always gives a 5 star automatically.