Stick It Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Stick It Paypal

So 2 days ago i call paypal to get money transfered after the 180 day hold and the woman gave me a lil crap.

Well then the next morning i get up and check my girls paypal and it got limited and had a message in it about their policy and well i couldn't do nothing about it since what thery said was something i sold on ebay so i chalked that account up as lost.

Here is the kicker i go to my account which i've had for at least 7 years all my correct info(name,ssi,addy and so on) and it was limited so i called and got a woman who said the only way to reach the department was through email.

Sent an email demanding a call which yesterday not only did i get an email back a guy called me. So talking with the guy he said even though i don't have a paypal link on my personal website i am selling stuff from my site and taking payments through paypal, i said are you nuts well then he starts reading notes left in money transfers i got from people the past few weeks.

I told him it wasn't his business to read those and it still doesn't say i'm selling directly from my website and that i've had this account for many years, he comes back well maybe it wasn't looked into until now and nothing he could do.

That was it i flipped on him and said i want a check with my funds i have and that him and paypal can go to hell cause i will find another online payment method and sign up with them since paypal isn't the only one.

So he took my info which he already had and is mailing my funds in a check and before he could say have a nice day or anything i told him to go to hell and that in the past year paypal have become real pains with limiting peoples accounts, holding funds and so on and hung up the phone.

So what other payment services online are good people?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 10-24-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: language
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2014

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Stick It Paypal

Paypal is the best for ebay, unless you want to sell on another websites...
Old 10-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

PayPal is the the biggest and the one most people will be happiest to use.

Hate them or love them you are always best off using them.

You can also look into Skrill and merchant accounts as well.
Old 10-24-2014
Threadstarter  

looked into merchant account and got a call from a guy and an email and emailed him back just waiting on a reply.

i also have saw propay, payza and amazon and i believe propay is also used on ebay.
Old 10-26-2014

Longevity: 91%

There are many payment methods such as payza, payee, but paypal is the best
Old 10-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjame View Post
There are many payment methods such as payza, payee, but paypal is the best
I beg to differ with reading this site and others.
paypal does the 180 day hold alot lately and without total reason and not happy the guy i talked to went through and was reading private notes left to me when people sent me money on paypal.

This is from one website i read and agree with "Apparently PayPal has issues with holding sellers funds or even freezing and shutting down accounts if they suspect any type of fraud. They seem to be very trigger happy when it comes risk related issues, and that’s not something to take lightly. I’ve read countless reviews from frustrated sellers who’s business lifeblood (cash) has been tied up in PayPal’s risk department. A good way to avoid relying completely on PayPal is to get a traditional merchant account as well. You can offer PayPal as a secondary payment option, so just in case you do have to deal with the above mentioned issues, you won’t be completely cut off from your funds."

plus other issues.
PayPal can freeze your funds without first contacting you
Can take up to six months to get money back following an investigation
Once PayPal makes a decision about a customer dispute, you can't appeal that decision
Transaction fees may be too high if you have a large sales volume each month
PayPal bans some email addresses associated with certain URLs, so customers cannot send payments
Customer can keep the product for free even if they receive a refund based on a PayPal investigation
Old 10-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Then it's time to move on to other Platforms......Simple as that.
Old 10-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

ALL credit card processors follow the same basic rules as paypal. If they are concerned, they are going to freeze funds, 180 day holds, etc...It is simple rick management and business practice in the industry.

Paypal is fastest and most convenient with most access and control of your money.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
stanislav (11-03-2014)
Old 10-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it more the case that ebay buyers want to pay by paypal....

paypal is ok whenyou get a feel for it. Golden rule is do not leave large amounts in there, withdraw regularly and alot less can go wrong....
yankee (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014

PayPal these days has become the king unfortunately :(
Old 11-02-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If you operate paypal the right way and play by there rules, it's not that bad, problems arise mostly because of a security issue, and everyone needs to understand it is a payment processor, so large money movements, strange IPs and computer logins will trigger limitations easily in the beginning with no history

If you start slow, and gradually increase sales and this shouldn't even begin till after 90days, before than it should be all small $2-$10 transactions

Just to build history and trust, than afterwords, slowly increase sales, and more importantly always log in from one PC

If you follow this, after 8 months you will have a strong account and can move Money with no issues at all

And it's not a Bank Account so never use it as one, just leave business operating funds in your account, and withdrawal the rest in increments of under $200. I prefer$150 and I'll sometimes make 10 withdrawals in a day if it's a busy account , but I never got stuck with a huge sum of money for 180 days locked up and rarely have any issues with paypal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
progetter92 (11-02-2014), write (11-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2014

Longevity: 78%

excellent advice DM ^^
Old 11-02-2014

I share your pain PP just annoys me

HOWEVER

no other service compares to them so its just one of those things you gotta suck up your guts and do it

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 11-02-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: language
Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

We ALL wish there were better options than PayPal. But the fact is, to make sales on eBay, PayPal is a necessary evil. All we can do is work the system.

Stealth works, I am living proof of that! I RARELY have accounts limited. Yes, it HAS happened to me, but not very often and then usually because I screwed up.

The golden rule with PayPal is to never leave too much money in the account. Leave enough for fees and potential refunds, but no more than that. And know that being limited IS a possibility and prepare for it. That is why it makes a lot of sense to have several accounts and spread your sales over them. If any ONE account goes down, you are not hurt too badly.

But sometimes people want to do business on just ONE account. Their business is going great and then they suddenly get limited and have $10,000 locked down for 90 days. They are devastated because they cannot access their money, nor can they continue to sell. Don't let this happen to you - there is NO REASON for it.
Old 11-03-2014
Threadstarter  

I didn't have an issue with paypal until lately. Yes a few accounts were shut down cause of crap with ebay mostly and had n still have a hold on one account. I believe it started when i called a few weeks ago after a 180 day hold to get money out of an account cause the next day my account n my girls were limited. The kicker was when talking to a guy n he started telling me what was left in personal messages to me when people sent me money that's when i flipped and lost it!!!
Old 11-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Oh ans i never left large ammounts in paypal it was just the damn waiting for 21 days after an ebay sale and before i could move the $200 some bucks in the one account it got limited and then i got the email saying funds are available. that was another issue that pissed me off.
Old 11-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

PP is just very popular among buyers and has been marketed heavily.