How do paypal limits work - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default How do paypal limits work

Hello, my both PayPal accounts got limited. Before I do any actions I would like to discuss them with experienced users.

To start of, I am a 16 years old European citizen (Not UK). I have a PayPal account on my name which was verified with my mom's credit card.

Limit reason: We need a little bit more information about some money you recently received or withdrew.

Steps:
Confirm your credit card
Proof of Address

I can confirm the credit card but if I will try to confirm the address, they will probably find out I'm under 18 and freeze my account for two years.

I then decided to start using my mom's PayPal account which is not verified. However, it also got limited the very next day. My mom can't verify the account because her credit card is already used by my PayPal account.

I guess I could try to remove the credit card from my PayPal account and then add it to my mom's account. My mom would later confirm the address.
The problem is that I don't see a credit card remove button anywhere. Should I email PayPal about this?

I heard that my current PayPal's account balance might be available to withdraw in 180 days. Is that true?

What should I do? I'm okay with waiting but I really need to remove the limit from either, my or my mom's PayPal account. I have a debit card if that is of any help.

Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: How do paypal limits work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
Hello, my both PayPal accounts got limited. Before I do any actions I would like to discuss them with experienced users.

To start of, I am a 16 years old European citizen (Not UK). I have a PayPal account on my name which was verified with my mom's credit card.

Limit reason: We need a little bit more information about some money you recently received or withdrew.

Steps:
Confirm your credit card
Proof of Address

I can confirm the credit card but if I will try to confirm the address, they will probably find out I'm under 18 and freeze my account for two years.

I then decided to start using my mom's PayPal account which is not verified. However, it also got limited the very next day. My mom can't verify the account because her credit card is already used by my PayPal account.

I guess I could try to remove the credit card from my PayPal account and then add it to my mom's account. My mom would later confirm the address.
The problem is that I don't see a credit card remove button anywhere. Should I email PayPal about this?

I heard that my current PayPal's account balance might be available to withdraw in 180 days. Is that true?

What should I do? I'm okay with waiting but I really need to remove the limit from either, my or my mom's PayPal account. I have a debit card if that is of any help.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum.
What a mess....this happens when you use family info.

My advice....read the stealth guide and.digest the material in this forum and start again.

I dont know what your options are in terms of your age...perhaps someone else can help on that one.

Probably gonna.confuse myself here....your mums cc on linited account would serve no use as putting it on the other paypal will cause a link....resulting in another limitation.

As said....i dont know what your options are in terms of age but i would seriously advise that you perhaps abandon what you have and start afresh.
All new and unused info
:-)
Led (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply.
Are you sure PayPal would not be okay with this? I could email them something like this:
Code:
This credit card does not belong to me. 
It belongs to my family member. 
She has recently opened her PayPal account and it got limited and she needs to confirm the information. 
I know PayPal does not allow one credit card for several PayPal accounts so could I remove it from my account so she can use it?
Other than that, would you happen to know if I will get my money back in 180 days? I haven't received any emails about that. Should I do something to start that timer or does it start automatically?
Old 02-11-2015

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.
Are you sure PayPal would not be okay with this? I could email them something like this:
Code:
This credit card does not belong to me. 
It belongs to my family member. 
She has recently opened her PayPal account and it got limited and she needs to confirm the information. 
I know PayPal does not allow one credit card for several PayPal accounts so could I remove it from my account so she can use it?
Other than that, would you happen to know if I will get my money back in 180 days? I haven't received any emails about that. Should I do something to start that timer or does it start automatically?
There will be nothing you can do to rescue this situation, as has been said it is a real mixup Led, there are no guarantees you will get your money back in 180 days, there aren't gurantee's when mixing up details like that, and the biggest thing with you is undoubtedly your age!! Move on if you must, you would obviously be better waiting until you were 18 but you are so far into this now that no doubt you will not wait. You, or your mum, need to learn how to operate stealth accounts properly before you launch into anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
Led (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015

Longevity: 54%

What a mess.

What made you think you could use a card in someone elses name?
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
Led (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
What a mess.

What made you think you could use a card in someone elses name?
Before I created my PayPal account, I did not even know that things like limits existed in PayPal. Does PayPal have any exceptions for UK residents? I have a cousin living in UK who could provide me some help. Also, I talked about this with my mom, she said that she has another debit card. Can I create an account using that debit card?
Old 02-11-2015

Quote:
Before I created my PayPal account, I did not even know that things like limits existed in PayPal. Does PayPal have any exceptions for UK residents? I have a cousin living in UK who could provide me some help. Also, I talked about this with my mom, she said that she has another debit card. Can I create an account using that debit card?
Is that debit card with another bank Led, if it is and its a stealth friendly one that will allow deposits from mismatched names, you really need to read up more about stealth accounts, how to build them and how to operate them, you need to learn how to avoid the pitfalls whereby ebay/PayPal can suspend and ban you. No there are exceptions for us here in the UK, in da t it is tougher here with ID verification making it difficult for everyone trying to operate new accounts here.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
Led (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Is that debit card with another bank Led, if it is and its a stealth friendly one that will allow deposits from mismatched names, you really need to read up more about stealth accounts, how to build them and how to operate them, you need to learn how to avoid the pitfalls whereby ebay/PayPal can suspend and ban you. No there are exceptions for us here in the UK, in da t it is tougher here with ID verification making it difficult for everyone trying to operate new accounts here.
No, the debit card is in the same bank as the credit card. Should I still try to add that card to my mom's limited account and send them the information so they unlimit that account?
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

You cannot put the same card or bank account on another paypal account. Paypal block you from doing this and if you try it you will link the new account to the suspended one.

Last edited by Bunneh; 02-11-2015 at 11:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
Led (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

The limitation you received on your first paypal is a soft limit.

You can confirm your address if the card matches the address on the paypal account. All paypal does is send a code to your bank statement to put into paypal.

Once you do this paypal will either lift the limitation or ask for documents.
Led (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
The limitation you received on your first paypal is a soft limit.

You can confirm your address if the card matches the address on the paypal account. All paypal does is send a code to your bank statement to put into paypal.

Once you do this paypal will either lift the limitation or ask for documents.
But how am I gonna confirm the address if they ask for utility bills and stuff:
"To confirm your address, please send us a copy of a bill that shows your name and address. Helpful documents include a utility bill or an insurance bill."

I never paid any of those bills.
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

You need to get creative ..thats all i can say.
Led (02-12-2015)
Old 02-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
You need to get creative ..thats all i can say.
Alright, I can see what you mean. What about the Confirm your credit card step? Should I send that 1.50 EUR from my mom's credit card or should I add my debit card and send it from there?
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
No more involving family /period
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Led (02-12-2015)
Old 02-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
No more involving family /period
But if I will use my debit card, won't they find out that I am under 18?
Old 02-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
But if I will use my debit card, won't they find out that I am under 18?
no they will not find out you are under 18 from a card.

they will charge the card 1.50 and when you enter the code on paypal the 1.50 will come onto your paypal account.
Led (02-12-2015)
Old 02-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Okay, I have a few last questions. Can I just photograph the bill and send it to them or is it needed to be a .pdf bill? Can that bill be in a foreign language? (Not English)
Old 02-11-2015

Quote:
Okay, I have a few last questions. Can I just photograph the bill and send it to them or is it needed to be a .pdf bill? Can that bill be in a foreign language? (Not English)
You can sent bill as you get in lithuanian language.
No worries at all.
All they need to see is your name surname, adress and they will see its a bill.
I do believe they state what kind of extensions they accept once you sent it
Its a few they accept so this should be your least problem to be honest
The Following User Says Thank You to tannedweekend For This Useful Post:
Led (02-12-2015)
Old 02-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannedweekend View Post
You can sent bill as you get in lithuanian language.
No worries at all.
All they need to see is your name surname, adress and they will see its a bill.
I do believe they state what kind of extensions they accept once you sent it
Its a few they accept so this should be your least problem to be honest
They sate that png and jpg are available. I will feel a lot safer sending them a picture since .pdf probably contains tons of hidden exif data and they are smart enough to check it.
Old 02-26-2015
Threadstarter  

I confirmed my card and sent them the bill. So if paypal is gonna remove the limit, should I just withdraw all of my money or should I withdraw it like every 100 euros? I think they might get suspicious if I try to withdraw everything in one day.
Old 02-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Ah, I guess it was too good to be true. They are now asking for my photo ID and supplier contact info.
Old 02-27-2015
Threadstarter  

I might be able to get a photo ID but what about Supplier Contact Info? I sell virtual goods.