Paypal asks for invoices - I've been selling free items - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-03-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Paypal asks for invoices - I've been selling free items

Good day guys,

So I was wondering if any experienced member could help me on what to do in this case.

I was selling trial accounts on eBay. Yeah, digital and obtained for free. Luckily for me, eBay is fine with it, but Paypal requested invoiced. I called them, told I was really a small retailer, don't have any invoices from suppliers.

The representative still told me to send some bills or something alike of my recent purchases. So, what do you suggest doing in this case:

1) Making the invoice up and creating a ficticious company that sold me the goods (can Paypal see through this BS?)

2) Ficticious company and changing the type of goods to sound more legit (i.e. instead of accounts, gift cards for the same platform, or just any other goods)

3) Calling them and saying I was selling free accounts and have no invoice

4) Falsifying a real company's invoice, putting that they sold me another good that sounds more legit (i.e. gift cards, not accounts)

Huge thanks beforehand!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Paypal asks for invoices - I've been selling free items

eB was ok with you selling trial accounts? Do you have that in WRITING as proof?

Welcome to the forums - PP can see through a lot of BS.

@Paypallover, invoices from google are not the best idea
Old 05-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
eB was ok with you selling trial accounts? Do you have that in WRITING as proof?

Welcome to the forums - PP can see through a lot of BS.

@Paypallover, invoices from google are not the best idea
Hey,

Thank you both for the replies.

Yeah, I thought about that PP is good with the bs.

I do not have any written proof, what I mean by OK is that I've been selling for half a year and didn't have any suspension or request for documents on eBay's side. Paypal started acting up recently, however.

Could you please tell me what would be the best procedure to follow in this case rsot? I saw somewhere on these forums that I could take a real invoice from some company and then fasify it. Would that work?

Thank you!
Old 05-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Just wondering, if I provide a photoshopped invoice from a, say, electronic store, will they bother to actually call the store and ask? If so, the store is still not authorized to tell them about the transactions I've done, right?
Old 05-04-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierAlonsoMartin View Post
Just wondering, if I provide a photoshopped invoice from a, say, electronic store, will they bother to actually call the store and ask? If so, the store is still not authorized to tell them about the transactions I've done, right?
One time I was limited and BANNED PERMANENTLY by paypal. Something stupid happened where I must have linked with my brothers account including a lot of complaints from customers. I called and tried my best to fix it because they were holding about $7000 and said that I can only get my money back within 6 months and they will refund customers if necessary. After trying to reach the department in paypal that did this limitation, who of course had no phone number to call to speak with, they called me instead after I sent that department an email pleading to release my account. Once I spoke with the representative, she told me I needed to provide invoices and they'll look it over. I fluffed the hell out of these invoices and chose a real legit company to show them that I am a serious seller. They can easily google a company and see if it's legit or not. I used watermarks, logos, and a bs account number and plenty of other details to make it look legit. Emailed it over to them, and they released it. I was in shock. I did the same for my brothers account because his was limited as well, but chose a different company. It's a real store that I have went to many times, but they barely even pop up in google. It turns out that his account was left with the limitation, but the mine was released because I used a very large and popular wholesaler. That just shows that the guys in that department just want to see something legit and won't bother calling the company and waiting on hold to ask them if I actually purchase from them. I doubt they care or have the time to do that for each person who got limited. I'm not telling you what to do, but just giving you an insight on what happened with me.

Last edited by talos; 05-04-2016 at 04:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to talos For This Useful Post:
JavierAlonsoMartin (05-06-2016)
Old 05-05-2016

Longevity: 58%

Surprised that they let you sell virtual items
Old 05-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos View Post
One time I was limited and BANNED PERMANENTLY by paypal. Something stupid happened where I must have linked with my brothers account including a lot of complaints from customers. I called and tried my best to fix it because they were holding about $7000 and said that I can only get my money back within 6 months and they will refund customers if necessary. After trying to reach the department in paypal that did this limitation, who of course had no phone number to call to speak with, they called me instead after I sent that department an email pleading to release my account. Once I spoke with the representative, she told me I needed to provide invoices and they'll look it over. I fluffed the hell out of these invoices and chose a real legit company to show them that I am a serious seller. They can easily google a company and see if it's legit or not. I used watermarks, logos, and a bs account number and plenty of other details to make it look legit. Emailed it over to them, and they released it. I was in shock. I did the same for my brothers account because his was limited as well, but chose a different company. It's a real store that I have went to many times, but they barely even pop up in google. It turns out that his account was left with the limitation, but the mine was released because I used a very large and popular wholesaler. That just shows that the guys in that department just want to see something legit and won't bother calling the company and waiting on hold to ask them if I actually purchase from them. I doubt they care or have the time to do that for each person who got limited. I'm not telling you what to do, but just giving you an insight on what happened with me.
Wow, thanks a lot! This is really appreciated, just the kind of response I was looking for. Now I know that for sure it's better to use a legit big company than a small / ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

I dont think they let you sell it, they just didn't catch onto it. Items sold virtually on ebay are (for some reason) harder to detect by ebay, they dont go down very quickly. They can last months if not years. I would assume someone got jealous and reported you - that's usually what brings such said accounts down.
Old 05-06-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierAlonsoMartin View Post
Wow, thanks a lot! This is really appreciated, just the kind of response I was looking for. Now I know that for sure it's better to use a legit big company than a small / ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one.

Thanks!

They want to see that you are using a legitimate company as your supplier and not just any small online wholesaler where goods could be questionable.

Also it all depends on the person reviewing your documents and how good of job they feel like doing in the verification.

Some may just look it over really quick and approve the docs

While others will look into the company, make sure the numbers make sense.

So if you have an item cost for $20 and selling it for $22 they will question this on how u are making a profit.

And yes they can go as far as calling a company
Old 05-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Keep in mind OP that submitting what PP wants in terms of invoices does NOT 100% guarantee you will be reinstated...in the case of digital goods, PP may still deny your reinstatement....I have seen it happen quite a few times...