Paypal asking for invoices/receipts and I DROPSHIP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-11-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Paypal asking for invoices/receipts and I DROPSHIP

My paypal account was limited because they "noticed some significant changes to my account activity" and they requested the following:
- Upload a photo ID
- Provide proof of your address
- Confirm your Social Security number
- Provide your business information
- Provide Supplier Information
- Provide proof of shipping
- Provide invoice (We’d like to confirm that you have the items you’re selling)

I called and I was told that it was limited because of several recent refund transactions. I provided some of the info and then called again to see if that was enough, and I was told by the second person that it wasn't related to the refunds, that it was just a standard protocol for accounts, and that I must upload the INVOICES/RECEIPTS for 5 specific items I've sold and then they will restore my account.

All of my items are DROPSHIPPING purchases (from amazon and other online retail stores), so I'm very concerned that if I show them the receipts that they will close my account since I don't actually have the items I'm selling.

Also, one of the 5 items was a refund because the store was out of stock and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Therefore, there is no invoice/receipt for it.

I've seen a few posts about creating ⊗⊗⊗⊗ receipts/invoices but I'm not feeling too confident of my ability to do that and I'm worried that if they realize they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ that it will make the situation worse.

Have any other dropshippers had their paypal account limited like this? I would really appreciate any advice. I'm really worried that my account will be closed. This is currently my only source of income. Also, my rent money is currently locked in my paypal account.

Also, I use my paypay account to make the purchases, so if I have a sale, I can't purchase the item right now.

Thanks for any help on this!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2016

Longevity: 48%
Default Re: Paypal asking for invoices/receipts and I DROPSHIP

if this is a stealth account, you will not be able to provide a SSN anyways

ditch the account and move on
Old 05-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by applepbc View Post
if this is a stealth account, you will not be able to provide a SSN anyways

ditch the account and move on
No, it isn't a stealth account (and I don't know what a stealth account is). They aren't requiring my SSN. They are only requiring invoices and I don't know if I should provide the 4 real receipts I have (from my dropshipping purchases) or if I should create ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones (since all my items are all dropshipped).

I read on another post that paypal will contact the suppliers to verify the invoices. Does anyone know if that is true?

Also, is it a mistake to use the same paypal account for dropshipping purchases and sales? Should I temporarily unlink my paypal account (which is a business account) from ebay and link my personal paypal account instead?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Sadly unlinking accounts only works on ypur side.

paypal still know there was a link.

Old 05-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Sadly unlinking accounts only works on ypur side.

paypal still know there was a link.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what that means. I was asking if I should temporarily change my paypal account that is connected to my ebay account. Currently my paypal business account (which has been limited) is connected to my ebay account, however I have a personal paypal account that I could connect to my ebay account temporarily so that any new sales are paid to that account, so no additional money is being frozen.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to hide my identity. My concern/question is about paypal's position dropshipping and how I should respond to the request for invoices. Is it safe for me to tell them I am dropshipping and give them the real invoices/receipts for the 4 sold items, even though they are dropshipped purchases (I purchased the items after they sold on ebay and had them shipped directly to the customer) or should I try to create ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones (and if so, what is an ideal ⊗⊗⊗⊗ invoice)? I read somewhere else online that paypal will contact the suppliers to verify the invoices. Do you know if that is true? Also, how should I respond to the request for the 5th invoice, which was refunded because the store was out of stock.

Also I'm wondering it if was a mistake to me to use the same paypal account for my dropshipping purchases and sales?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 47%

I.m not sure about paypal but my ebay asked for invoice I showed them receipts then they reactivated my account . I think paypal should be ok too.
Old 05-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

New guy, that's why. Best to get the Stealth Book here first, otherwise you'd be completely in the dark as far as understanding the conversation. You might be able to use the search function and piece together what's available, but everything would be so much clearer with the Stealth Book.
Old 05-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuonlineshopping View Post
I.m not sure about paypal but my ebay asked for invoice I showed them receipts then they reactivated my account . I think paypal should be ok too.
Thank you! Were your receipts for dropshipped items? Thanks!
Old 05-14-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1234 View Post
Thank you! Were your receipts for dropshipped items? Thanks!
Yup. I just showed ebay my receipts and ebay's fine with them. Billing name on the receipts should match your ebay name btw.

Last edited by tuonlineshopping; 05-14-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%

When you see this sh*tload of requirements being asked by paypal, they are playing with you. Even if submitted all those, in the end you will trashed out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (10-26-2018), dealagreeproceed (05-14-2016)
Old 05-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuonlineshopping View Post
Yup. I just showed ebay my receipts and ebay's fine with them. Billing name on the receipts should match your ebay name btw.
wait, you dropshipped from ebay to ebay??
Old 05-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
wait, you dropshipped from ebay to ebay??
No. I don't. I dropship from another souces like walmart not from amazon.
Old 05-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, that's a laundry list of steps needed - keep in mind that I know people who fulfilled the list and STILL were denied by PP.

IF it's so clear that you are dropshipping, you may still lose the reinstatement - just saying
Old 11-02-2017

Longevity: 49%

Hi i have a same problem. I need to send paypal invoices or receipts and business information. I buy some branded and unbranded clothing from EU especially Ukraine and czechia and i alway pay with western union. Is It all right to send paypal invoices from western union? And what about providing them bussines information as i dont have any. I am not bussines woman its just my hobby and want to make some money thats normal thing right ? ... but how should i tell them that its just my hobby ... i dont wanna loose my money i always send buyers tracking number so they always receive It. I live in uk and buy clothing in EU ... what should i do thank you x
Old 11-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Don't double post Sebecaa - I offered you an opinion on your other thread, just fyi
Old 11-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebecaa View Post
Hi i have a same problem. I need to send paypal invoices or receipts and business information. I buy some branded and unbranded clothing from EU especially Ukraine and czechia and i alway pay with western union. Is It all right to send paypal invoices from western union? And what about providing them bussines information as i dont have any. I am not bussines woman its just my hobby and want to make some money thats normal thing right ? ... but how should i tell them that its just my hobby ... i dont wanna loose my money i always send buyers tracking number so they always receive It. I live in uk and buy clothing in EU ... what should i do thank you x
Please there is no need to repeat the question in two places.

Leave your post here as it is later than the other one.

Old 10-26-2018

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
They aren't requiring my SSN. They are only requiring invoices...
First of all, thank you for your question. I dropship too (from Amzn) and have the same question (was recently limited).

But in your original post, you said that PP was requiring you to confirm your SS#. In your second comment, you said they are not requiring that.
Old 10-26-2018
Executive [VIP]

Things have changed since 2017 though Brainbuster...
Old 12-22-2020

Longevity: 19%

Hi everyone,
I just wanna ask you guys when PayPal require a verification of my identity. I mean from creating my PayPal account.
Is there some way how to evade that??

Thank you for your advices :-*
Old 02-18-2021

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
My paypal account was limited because they "noticed some significant changes to my account activity" and they requested the following:
- Upload a photo ID
- Provide proof of your address
- Confirm your Social Security number
- Provide your business information
- Provide Supplier Information
- Provide proof of shipping
- Provide invoice (We’d like to confirm that you have the items you’re selling)

I called and I was told that it was limited because of several recent refund transactions. I provided some of the info and then called again to see if that was enough, and I was told by the second person that it wasn't related to the refunds, that it was just a standard protocol for accounts, and that I must upload the INVOICES/RECEIPTS for 5 specific items I've sold and then they will restore my account.

All of my items are DROPSHIPPING purchases (from amazon and other online retail stores), so I'm very concerned that if I show them the receipts that they will close my account since I don't actually have the items I'm selling.

Also, one of the 5 items was a refund because the store was out of stock and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Therefore, there is no invoice/receipt for it.

I've seen a few posts about creating ⊗⊗⊗⊗ receipts/invoices but I'm not feeling too confident of my ability to do that and I'm worried that if they realize they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ that it will make the situation worse.

Have any other dropshippers had their paypal account limited like this? I would really appreciate any advice. I'm really worried that my account will be closed. This is currently my only source of income. Also, my rent money is currently locked in my paypal account.

Also, I use my paypay account to make the purchases, so if I have a sale, I can't purchase the item right now.

Thanks for any help on this!!

Hi, I am going through exactly the same issue. Please can you please tell me what you did and did it resolve your issue thanks