Phone Number Verification Problem - How to get one? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-14-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Phone Number Verification Problem - How to get one?

i dont know if this is the correct place to ask this question. My US stealth account is not limited yet but im afraid sooner or later they are going to limit it because I cannot use a phone number that's registered under a physical address in the US.

First, let me explain my situation. I had to create a US stealth paypal account to accept payment from some freelancing company (because they only pay by paypal). I cannot sign up to this company under my own country because they dont accept application from third world countries. Long story short, i got accepted under my stealth info. As for my paypal stealth account, I verified my bank account with VBA, my credit card with VCC, and my phone number through a number I bought from sonetel.com. Everything seemed to be OK. here's how my account summary looks like:

But then, last Tuesday I receive payment for my freelancing works. When i received the payment, the money went straight to pending balance for 21 days. I checked my paypal account and there paypal told me I can make it faster from 21 days to 14 days if I mark the order as "processed" and I can instantly get the money to my normal balance if I verify my phone number.

I thought "but i already verified my number"...then I realize they want something more.. when I tried to verify the number again, it says that it couldn't verify it because I needed a phone number that's linked with a physical address in the US. here's how it looks like:

as you can see from above screenshot, it says "the address you select must match the one on your phone bill", so I was thinking that there's no way typical phone number merchants like sonetel or textnow or average sellers can have a phone number like this...because in my opinion such phone number must be pre-registered under someone's name. Can anyone help me with this situation? To be honest, i do not mind at all to wait 14 days every single time I receive payment. because I know the company that send the money would never dispute me...it is for honest work. but I'm paranoid that paypal sooner or later will force me to verify such number or they will limit my account. I have seen several examples like this happening to other people.

afaik, when paypal limit our accounts, they will most likely ask for documents and IDs (such as passport or utility bill). I can verify documents by buying them from some merchants. But, how if paypal limit my account with this kind of phone verification? someone from other forum told me that his stealth account cannot send money until he verify phone number that's registered under a physical address in the US, exactly like above screenshot.

As of now, I don't think I have any problem like that guy, because I only need to verify my phone number IF i want to release pending balance instantly. I'm fine with waiting for 14-21 days but Im afraid sooner or later I will face the same issue like that guy.

if paypal limit our account, can we just choose to upload documents and ignore their phone number verification process? Honestly, uploading documents and IDs are not that much of a problem. it's this kind of phone number verification that I don't think I can solve. I heard this is the right forum to ask for such question. So what's your opinion, guys?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!