Paypal Auto-Limiting - No Email Notification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal Auto-Limiting - No Email Notification

All was going smooth this month up until now. Just logged into a couple Paypal accounts in order to attach tracking information and was greeted with, "There's a problem with your account," type message forwarding me to the Resolution Center. Apparently, the account was limited without me even knowing about it; both times I didn't get any email notification the account was limited either. This must've happened right after payments were received and I logged them down. Reason both times is, "We noticed some significant changes to your account activity. To help keep you and the PayPal community secure, we need more information to understand how these changes affect your business."

Are you guys still getting limitation emails, or did they change something? I'm also starting to wonder if this is system wide now or just for certain items...

Needless to say, I lost two sales to this stupidity. I'm going to switch selling categories with another seller account and see if it automatically gets limited again.

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-28-2016 at 01:38 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2016

Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Paypal Auto-Limiting - No Email Notification

"This must've happened right after payments were received and I logged them down"

what does "i logged them down" mean? Can you be more specific?
Old 05-28-2016

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 62%
Send a message via Skype™ to Nyco

this has been happening lately Ive been having the same prob..you go to log into one of your stealth paypals and you just learned your stealth paypal was limited a # of days ago and never got a notification!!!.. the message usually reads as what you stated PTXCDEXIA.. or "We need a little bit more information about some money you recently received or withdrew"

and I've been analyzing why this is happening.. So the accounts that this happened to me with.. these were brand new stealths ebay & Paypal. When my paypal was limited the message said "We need a little bit more information about some money you recently received or withdrew".. well this was a new paypal so it couldnt have been any money that i withdrew that caused the limitation because its not available for withdraw yet. so it had to do with the money I received. well it was all from Ebay sales... then i noticed the amounts i received have a drastic difference which may have triggered the limitation.

1st payment i received was $165 2nd payment i received was $77.xx.. all my items are same category. so this has got me thinking. if you receive payments that fluctuate like this paypals system will auto limit the account. Now another account I have SELLING THE SAME PRODUCTS. all my payments have been $96 - $115 no limitations or anything... So again this has me thinking if you keep you price points in a certain range and dont fluctuate them, the paypal accounts wont be red flagged and limited.. just my point of view
Old 05-28-2016

I've had this happen only on my business accounts less than a month old. Is yours business accounts
Old 05-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Are there are steps to follow provided to reinstate the account?
Old 05-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Standard ID request
No - not the standard ID request.
Old 05-28-2016

Quote:
I've never had this happen. It sounds like you were starting out an account with expensive items, which made Paypal suspicious and led to a restriction.
LOL Some of Us do sale higher price items.. everyone doesn't want big 50/5000 accounts to do big volumes at smaller prices!
@PTXCDEXIA you can see some guys that give advice & help troubleshoot.. then you can see the ones who gives their not needed .02 cent.

Last edited by Nyco; 05-28-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-28-2016

of course you do phaz0rz but your but your missing the GOAL here. The Goal is to have small accounts to do big Numbers. "I sell plenty of items in the $100-$150 range" TOO. but your Method is a bit slow for me.. not that im trying to GET RICH QUICK... but if i can make a large amount of money in a small amount of Time.. why not Perfect it... I can open an account on Day 1 sale a high price item around $135-$145 and not have any problems with ebay or paypal.. Relist that item and keep going..few days later withdraw my $$$

its only when i get too excited and build too many paypals in 1 day that get limited for this reason.. they DONT get limited because they were linked... They get limiteded because they were all created on the same day within 30min to an hour intervals. and of course paypal has figured the average person is not going to be at the computer creating paypal accounts all day.

@phaz0rz
you should stop assuming things. People here are not running their stealth systems THE SAME AS YOU!!!!!
Old 05-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I wasn't assuming anything Nyco, I was offering my perspective. Most of the discussion here is speculation. OP made an inquiry so obviously he was looking for input from other forum members.

I keep a few accounts aging at all times, so I don't rush into expensive items. Buyers are more likely to scam me when I list a $150 item on a 0 feedback account. I do not care one bit about how anyone else runs their accounts.

BTW, your explanation for why your Paypals get shut down makes 0 sense. If there really were no linkage, it wouldn't make any difference how quickly you made the accounts.
Old 05-28-2016

Quote:
I wasn't assuming anything Nyco, I was offering my perspective. Most of the discussion here is speculation. OP made an inquiry so obviously he was looking for input from other forum members.

I keep a few accounts aging at all times, so I don't rush into expensive items. Buyers are more likely to scam me when I list a $150 item on a 0 feedback account. I do not care one bit about how anyone else runs their accounts.

BTW, your explanation for why your Paypals get shut down makes 0 sense. If there really were no linkage, it wouldn't make any difference how quickly you made the accounts.
phaz0rz the reason why My " explanation for why your Paypals get shut down makes 0 sense"... makes 0 sense to you because you do not know what test i run on MOSTLy Paypals system. I know what steps to take to have a smooth running account. theres many tricks to paypal ive figured out.. which is like a game of chess..im sure you dont know of becuase you probably focus on volume, scores, feedback blah blah blah... I have so many Products i found im able to dominate the market and make profit of 50-120% my friend. some of these products I manufacture. I could care less about competition OR Having a big 50/5000 ebay account.

phaz0rz... your still assuming.. just because it doesnt make sense to you lol
Old 05-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%

Ive had this happen to me before.
Looks like a glitch on their system that they never bothered fixing cause ive had it happen tome years ago.
Old 05-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

OP,
Do you have a VBA added to the paypal? If so, what VBA was it?
Old 05-29-2016
Threadstarter  

If this is a glitch, I hope they correct it soon. I feel like Paypal's being sneaky about this though.. I know there were issues a while back with listing notifications from eBay, but this is of a little more concern.

It would be quite nasty if it got limited a # of days after I shipped, as someone mentioned earlier. I will personally clear payments after 24 hours..

I don’t like screwing around with limitations, period. Normally I just refund / cancel, discard the account and move on. I only send things out and attach a VBA if the account wasn't limited upon its first payment anyway.

To answer questions:
+ No, this is not a business account. I use personal accounts for all my stealths.
+ It is possible there is a "link" due to the items I sell, but that is up to their assumption. I only sell between 3 categories.
+ Steps to reinstate account is photo id, supplier invoices, verify address, and tracking information.

In this case, I was just caught off guard. I already printed the labels and sent the merchandise.. That's what I mean by logging down their address. If I knew they were limited, I wouldn't have bothered.

I feel this occurs when certain categories are "saturated," then they just start auto-limiting everyone for a temporary period. I sold in another category for the time being, but haven't received payment yet to test if it got auto-limited as well..

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-29-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%

Like I said I experienced this several years ago so I dont think theyre fixing it anytime soon.
Old 05-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
If this is a glitch, I hope they correct it soon. I feel like Paypal's being sneaky about this though.. I know there were issues a while back with listing notifications from eBay, but this is of a little more concern.

It would be quite nasty if it got limited a # of days after I shipped, as someone mentioned earlier. I will personally clear payments after 24 hours..

I don’t like screwing around with limitations, period. Normally I just refund / cancel, discard the account and move on. I only send things out and attach a VBA if the account wasn't limited upon its first payment anyway.

To answer questions:
+ No, this is not a business account. I use personal accounts for all my stealths.
+ It is possible there is a "link" due to the items I sell, but that is up to their assumption. I only sell between 3 categories.
+ Steps to reinstate account is photo id, supplier invoices, verify address, and tracking information.

In this case, I was just caught off guard. I already printed the labels and sent the merchandise.. That's what I mean by logging down their address. If I knew they were limited, I wouldn't have bothered.

I feel this occurs when certain categories are "saturated," then they just start auto-limiting everyone for a temporary period. I sold in another category for the time being, but haven't received payment yet to test if it got auto-limited as well..

All of what your saying has happened to me before my friend.. Dont get frustrated and discouraged... Just Be patient. i know you may need money now but for the items you already sold with the limited paypal just let that money site there... create more accounts and keep going.. just look at it this way in 6 months you will have that money. then you can enjoy it or re-invest all of it and wait for a bigger payday. a key to playing paypals game is being patient.. you will get your money.

you may have been linked by pictures.. if so when selling the same product over a # of accounts you should change the background of you picture and take photos of your item from different angles. this will throw ebay off they will think its a different seller

Dont ever try to send in any documents they ask for.. just put that limited account on the wait list create more accounts and keep going
Old 06-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Just to clarify, selling in another category with another array of items fixed the problem. Moving forward.