Upgrade to business when PayPal account is asking for Tax Reporting Informaition - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-16-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Exclamation Upgrade to business when PayPal account is asking for Tax Reporting Informaition

Hello,

Without any warning, in 3 of my 4 Stealth PayPal addresses I began receiving emails from PayPal saying: "Provide your Tax Reporting Information" So I have already created 3 LLC and got EIN for each one.

PayPal Tax information page in my account shows 3 options:
What tax ID number do you use when you pay your taxes?
1. I use my Social Security Number.
2. I use my Employer Identification Number. If you select this, we'll ask you to upgrade to a Business account.
3. I use my Individual Tax Identification Number.

So I chose the second one, which shows then opens a window showing me 2 new options:
1. Create a new business account
2. Upgrade existing account

I clicked on upgrade existing account and got this error message: "We’re sorry
You can't upgrade your account to a business account because it is limited. We'll help you resolve the issue. Go To Resolution Center
Need Help? Call us at 1-800-852-1973"

I am not U.S resident, how can I get a ITIN instead (Is it possible?)?

I have read a couple of forums here and it seems that the best option is to call PayPal and they will put EIN for me instead of providing SSN. What I can say and what it's not recommended to say when calling them?

Damn... I have spent 3-5 months to have these PP accounts in good standings and being ready to receive money without being held... Thinking in opening a new account will be a big time loss...

What can I do?

Any real solution??

Thank You

Last edited by quijanoj; 06-16-2016 at 07:17 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Upgrade to business when PayPal account is asking for Tax Reporting Informaition

Check the amount of sales on each account.

paypal asks for tax info on projected amounts. So of these accounts were making money, this is the reason for your problems.

How many other accounts do you have?

Old 06-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Upgrade to business when PayPal account is asking for Tax Reporting Informaition

Only 4. can you help me out with this problem? Thanks
Old 06-20-2016

Longevity: 62%

I upgraded a personal account to a business account by providing the EIN, they never asked me for my SSN
Old 06-22-2016

Longevity: 50%

I have the same issue today:
Pay Pal is now wanting tax info on my E-bay/Pay Pal Stealth accounts.
Do I put a real SSN # in? I'm afraid If I do that it will be locked out
because it has an different name, address, etc.
It wouldn't let me enter an EIN # either saying I can't create an business account
since my Account is limited.
What do I do???? Please help someone

PayPal Tax information page in my account shows 3 options:
What tax ID number do you use when you pay your taxes?
1. I use my Social Security Number.
2. I use my Employer Identification Number. If you select this, we'll ask you to upgrade to a Business account.
3. I use my Individual Tax Identification Number.

So I chose the second one, which shows then opens a window showing me 2 new options:
1. Create a new business account
2. Upgrade existing account

I clicked on upgrade existing account and got this error message: "We’re sorry
You can't upgrade your account to a business account because it is limited. We'll help you resolve the issue. Go To Resolution Center
Need Help? Call us at 1-800-852-1973"
Old 06-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Red face Re: Upgrade to business when PayPal account is asking for Tax Reporting Informaition

Hello, what I did was to put the EIN in the space where the SSN # should go. Then after that, upgrade account to a business one and put same EIN.. It has been a week since I did that and I haven't had any problems, now my accounts are business type... If I face any issue I will update here...
Old 07-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Hello, if you need SSN, I can also supply. Already tested and I have released my PayPal account that was needing SSN document...
Old 07-10-2016

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijanoj View Post
Hello, if you need SSN, I can also supply. Already tested and I have released my PayPal account that was needing SSN document...
Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy
Old 07-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Question Re: Upgrade to business when PayPal account is asking for Tax Reporting Informaition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvncsta View Post
Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy
What do you mean?
Old 07-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Exclamation Re: Upgrade to business when PayPal account is asking for Tax Reporting Informaition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvncsta View Post
Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy
It's only for recovering PayPal accounts, there is no other purpose or use for that. If you're a honest person and the only option you have is to provide ssn then I can supply for that purpose. Then, in your way of thinking, a stealth account is also sketchy, and all people from forum is doing wrong... Here I can offer ssn solution only for lifting PayPal limitation...