I'm an idiot :( Am I doomed? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-23-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default I'm an idiot :( Am I doomed?

Please help me lol.

I have a few posts here about my situation, I don't want to bore you with all the details again lol so I will try to explain as best as I can quickly.

I realized something, and I'm afraid I am doomed, if there is any way I can get out of this mess without having to go stealth I would be SO happy lol. I am just not ready for stealth just yet, I have the book but not the smarts with all of that and it would take me a very long time to figure it out :(

Ok, so I had opened a PP account, maybe 6 or so months ago. When I first opened it, there was only a credit card attached, no bank or anything, started taking payments too quickly (which were surprisingly all instant, cleared immediately) until I think I hit the $500 mark and then I got limited. They asked for my ID, etc (a PP business account). I used my REAL info (SSN and name). I ended up abandoning that account for a couple months, and then opened a new one in my real info again LOL. Shows how much I know. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to do it, I hadn't heard about stealth or knew much about PPs limitations etc. and so I had completely forgotten about the old account.

Anyway, this new account was limited, but after a bunch of accumulated gift payments (which I thought was the culprit). UNTIL I called PP to ask questions about how to restore my limited account, the automated robot lady over the phone said I had 2 accounts with my SSN, and to choose which one I wanted to call about

To my surprise, the guy who answered put me on hold for 15 mins, then came back and said my account was restored and ready to go, but now I feel its too late.

Is there anything I can do about this? I can't close the other account because its still limited, but I'm afraid if I try to do something with it or call them about it they will limit my new account again (but not sure I even have a chance anyway). I don't owe money on the old account, and I hadn't done anything bad on it, other than sell too quickly, to cause the limitation.

Could the PP guy who answered my call just overlook this? He told me he was going to look at my account and everything I had submitted (my ID was an EBT card, and my "utility bill" was just mail from my health insurance with my address) I was sure he was going to laugh at me and tell me I had to provide more sufficient paperwork, I never thought I would hang up with a restored account, I had actually given up already in my mind lol.

I would really like to keep my account, because it is all my own real info, but if there is no chance for me, I'm not sure I even want to continue with it.

Has anyone had anything like this happen? Is there any way I could try and get the other account closed without interfering with the other? I know how bad it must look to PP, but it was an honest mistake, I'm just trying to get my business going, but now I'm afraid to even accept a payment.

I'm very sorry for the length of this post, I just wanted to cover everything I could. I do have other posts where I explain more in depth of my situation. I have only gotten great advice and responses here so I thought I would see if someone had anymore input for me.

Thank you so much for your time and help,

Sara <3
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2016

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: I'm an idiot :( Am I doomed?

Keep going with it as long as you can, you have gone to the trouble of getting it restored so you have to keep it going, make sure you have back up accounts as well just in case.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016
MU

Longevity: 52%

Add ein to just one making into a business account and you can keep both. Paypal allows one business and one personal. Just dont do anything stupid killing one account, because it will take other one with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeanbean0109 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016

Longevity: 47%

As of now, you are good because they looked them over and didn't say anything but rather restored one of them. I would do what jeanbean suggested and upgrade one to business if you can.

In the past, Paypal told me you can open up to 2 paypal accounts per SSN, not sure if that is the case any more but it seems like it is based in what you did.

Last edited by Ubaida; 07-23-2016 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added more info
The Following User Says Thank You to Ubaida For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 45%

Thanks so much guys, you've given me hope, I was sure the replies were going to be that I was done and to move on from my account...but maybe now that they accepted all of my documents, they will leave me alone as long as my account says in good standing. Hoping this anyway.

I will go ahead and continue with this account, and I will try to lay low and keep things going slow for a bit. And, if something bad does happen, I will make sure I have a back up just in case.

Thanks again I really appreciate all of your help!

Sara <3
Old 07-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabyMaker View Post
Thanks so much guys, you've given me hope, I was sure the replies were going to be that I was done and to move on from my account...but maybe now that they accepted all of my documents, they will leave me alone as long as my account says in good standing. Hoping this anyway.

I will go ahead and continue with this account, and I will try to lay low and keep things going slow for a bit. And, if something bad does happen, I will make sure I have a back up just in case.

Thanks again I really appreciate all of your help!

Sara <3
Sounds like you have a good grasp on this - backups are in order
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (07-24-2016)
Old 07-31-2016

Longevity: 59%

If they restored one account then I think you're fine. I would just focus on keeping that account in good standing.