eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Canadian PayPal NEW Limits? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/64552-canadian-paypal-new-limits.html)

s7evin 09-11-2013 11:27 PM

Canadian PayPal NEW Limits?

I'm getting the following message whenever I log into my PayPal account:

Quote:

Canadian law requires that we confirm you’re the account holder. Please visit the Identity Confirmation Dashboard to find out what information we need.
Once you click on the Identity Confirmation Dashboard, you have the following:

Quote:

You must submit an attestation from a commissioner of oaths or a guarantor attesting that they have seen your original, non-expired birth certificate, passport, provincial health card*, or driver's license. A guarantor must be a Canadian citizen and can be: a dentist, medical doctor, chiropractor, judge, magistrate, lawyer, notary (in Quebec), notary public, optometrist, pharmacist, professional accountant, professional engineer, or veterinarian. The attestation must be submitted on a legible copy of your identity document and must include:

The name, profession, and address of the attestor (commissioner of oaths or guarantor).
The signature of the attestor.
The type and number of your identity document.

* We can't accept health insurance cards for Ontario, Manitoba, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
My account is not limited or anything but I'm having the following limits:

Quote:

Receiving limit: The maximum amount you can receive in a 24-hour period before you must link and confirm a bank account. You can receive up to $999.00 CAD in a 24-hour period.
Quote:

Sending limit: The maximum amount you can send before you must link and confirm a bank account. You can send up to $999.00 CAD in a 24-hour period, or an overall total of .
Am I the only one? Should I really send the document? This account is legit but I do have other stealth accounts and they have the same limits...:heh:

css1 09-12-2013 12:15 AM

Re: Canadian PayPal NEW Limits?

Never heard of that before, I''m not getting any of this.

You must somehow linking yourself to other accounts...

GreenBean 09-12-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7evin (Post 485066)
I'm getting the following message whenever I log into my PayPal account:

Am I the only one? Should I really send the document? This account is legit but I do have other stealth accounts and they have the same limits...:heh:

Did any activity cause this to happen?

Need a little more info to give best assistance.

:mod:

s7evin 09-12-2013 11:20 AM

Not really. It's a business account linked to a powerseller ebay account. All legit, real business, real name.. All real. Good feedback, nothing weird or wrong with the account itself but I'm not limited or anything, I can receive the money but I don't have high limits..

The other stealth accounts are not linked.. Just basic accounts for small stuff. I don't care that much about them just my main account is very important.

OH I forgot before getting the information in all the accounts, I went to:

Code:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/compliancespartaweb/page/dashboard/
Then I clicked on
Quote:

Confirm your PayPal account information.
( Review your PayPal account information and make sure it's accurate. The name, address and date of birth need to match the information that's on your identity documents. )

And it says FAILED that's where all started...

All accounts are verified by the way!

I don't mind submitting the document for the real business account but not for the stealth ones.. Also you never know with PayPal, when you gave them what they want. Sometimes they want to piss you off, with more requests so I don't know. I need some advices here :)

runrun77 09-12-2013 11:49 AM

I got the same thing when I noticed the new account limits link next to verified. I think there is a new thing going on in Canada where they report tax information to the US. They're probably just getting ready for it and this is a new addition.

I've sent a contact us email to Paypal asking about it, or what documents work. They just sent me an automated reply.

I'm guessing that these steps are only needed to lift the limits.

s7evin 09-12-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runrun77 (Post 485207)
I got the same thing when I noticed the new account limits link next to verified. I think there is a new thing going on in Canada where they report tax information to the US. They're probably just getting ready for it and this is a new addition.

I've sent a contact us email to Paypal asking about it, or what documents work. They just sent me an automated reply.

I'm guessing that these steps are only needed to lift the limits.

Glad I'm not the only one. It's a tax thing then. The beginning of the end..

tradeze 09-24-2013 07:39 AM

I have the same problem currently:

Quote:
Canadian law requires that we confirm you’re the account holder. Please visit the Identity Confirmation Dashboard to find out what information we need.

rsot 09-24-2013 09:23 AM

@s7evin, what ballpark of $ amounts have you sold through the PP account?

s7evin 09-29-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 488738)
@s7evin, what ballpark of $ amounts have you sold through the PP account?

Not that much:
- Business account < $725.64
- The others < $1500 per account

mr.fan 09-29-2013 12:58 PM

FFS so is this the beginning of the end for stealth now???

mr.fan 09-29-2013 01:16 PM

I have noticed this on my paypal account:

Receiving limit: The maximum amount you can receive in a 24-hour period before you must link and confirm a bank account. You can receive up to $999.00 CAD in a 24-hour period.

I can't really say how long its been there, I noticed it about a month or two ago thought it was applied to everyone...

BiN4RY 09-29-2013 02:30 PM

One of my really old accounts had the same thing when I added $3500 to it from my bank. It was already bank verified and they wanted me to fill in my birth date, occupation, and that kind of things.

I have not experienced it on any of my other accounts yet.

stanislav 09-29-2013 02:42 PM

RSOT,

I wish I could find your posts where you said - IT WILL NEVER HAPPENED IN CANADA.

BiN4RY 09-29-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 490315)
RSOT,

I wish I could find your posts where you said - IT WILL NEVER HAPPENED IN CANADA.

rsot said SIN will never be mandatory for collection, and it still isn't. :rolleyes:

stanislav 09-29-2013 03:07 PM

It will. Just give it sometime. ;)

GreenBean 09-29-2013 06:10 PM

Everyone SINS. paypal is the worst.

Until the end of this year, expect changes to the methods of using paypal.

Been evident for months, this is happening.

Makes me wonder if this has any relationship to Canada ebay being slow to increase selling limits.

It is the last of the larger selling platforms to have requirements the other countries have had for years.

Have to wonder what influence the overseas sellers using paypal Canada have had to do with this issue.

:spy:

BiN4RY 09-29-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 490321)
It will. Just give it sometime. ;)

Unless a hijacked plane hits an important skyscraper in Canada that causes the government to duplicate the PATRIOT Act, this really isn't something you need to be worrying anytime soon.

john456 09-30-2013 03:19 AM

So if you don't provide the ID docs to paypal canada, then your receiving/sending limits are $1000 every 24h ?

That is not bad.

rsot 09-30-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.fan (Post 490299)

Not at all the end of the stealth - SIN is still not mandatory...other ID is asked for

GreenBean 09-30-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.fan (Post 490299)

Please read what rsot wrote.

Other options will be found.

Workarounds always turn up.

s7evin 10-30-2013 12:29 AM

So should I send the requested documents or ignore?

s7evin 12-03-2013 07:57 PM

A response is appreciated. Thank you :)

roberto 12-04-2013 02:42 PM

seems like Canadian stealthers lives just became harder

BiN4RY 12-04-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7evin (Post 508447)
A response is appreciated. Thank you :)

You don't really need a response. If a $995 daily sending/receiving limit is enough for you, then ignore it. If not, then give them what they're asking for.

s7evin 12-15-2013 01:11 AM

What's happen if I receive more than $999 in one payment, anyone got his money hold or something?

s7evin 12-27-2013 01:03 AM

Limited account?

jenco 06-10-2014 01:42 PM

Did yu get any answers about if what happens if you get more than 999 a day . Did you send in the documents or not?

jenco 06-10-2014 01:43 PM

If you dont send them any documents what happens they suspend you or you can still operate with 999 limit?

BiN4RY 06-10-2014 02:07 PM

Yeah, you will still be able to operate with the $999 limit.

RichardCard82 06-11-2014 01:36 AM

I opened 3 Canadian Paypal accounts 2 have have US bank accounts. Working so far so good. Waiting for another US account to open so i can add it to the new one. I like Canadian PayPal since they dont require both VCC and bank account to be verified. Only simply adding bank account will verify the account fully. Plus i hear they dont limit you as easily

BiN4RY 06-11-2014 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCard82 (Post 559182)
I opened 3 Canadian Paypal accounts 2 have have US bank accounts. Working so far so good. Waiting for another US account to open so i can add it to the new one. I like Canadian PayPal since they dont require both VCC and bank account to be verified. Only simply adding bank account will verify the account fully. Plus i hear they dont limit you as easily

That is utter hogwash.

On a side note, Paypal themselves realized too many foreigners are pretending to be Canadian and make Canadian Paypal accounts. They've tighten down securities a lot over the years, and now you can't even easily add a US bank account on Canadian Paypal anymore. You're better off staying on your US Paypal accounts.

s7evin 06-29-2014 10:03 PM

I might receive >999 next week so will see how things will work out with PayPal.

olekstom87 07-11-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 559200)
They've tighten down securities a lot over the years, and now you can't even easily add a US bank account on Canadian Paypal anymore. You're better off staying on your US Paypal accounts.

Are you 100% sure you cannot add US bank account to CA paypal as of today ???:eek:

rsot 07-11-2014 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olekstom87 (Post 565962)
Are you 100% sure you cannot add US bank account to CA paypal as of today ???:eek:

BiN4RY said "easily"...you can add but it involves calling in...not just adding on the website it would seem

s7evin 08-23-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenco (Post 559042)
Did yu get any answers about if what happens if you get more than 999 a day . Did you send in the documents or not?

Didn't bother to send anything

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenco (Post 559043)
If you dont send them any documents what happens they suspend you or you can still operate with 999 limit?

Of course you can still operate with the $999 limit

pmtrump101 08-25-2014 04:43 PM

Did someone make a Ebay sell of more than 999$ in an account with that kind of limitation? Please let us know :)

Thanks

s7evin 08-26-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmtrump101 (Post 581756)
Did someone make a Ebay sell of more than 999$ in an account with that kind of limitation? Please let us know :)

Thanks

We are waiting for you to try it ;)

pmtrump101 08-27-2014 10:29 AM

If ever it happens, I will gladly tell the forum.

Thanks