Paypal Reversals (Instaneous) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-21-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal Reversals (Instantaneous)

I've noticed lately that Paypal has been extremely aggressive in reversing funds, even for items that have already been sent and/or delivered. While both being the buyer and seller, I have started to experience this more and more this month on both sides of perspective.. Sometimes this causes a limitation, sometimes it does not. The reversal seems instantaneous and happens without any due resolution process at all. Is anyone else experiencing this?

To clarify, this isn't a Bank Transfer, Temporary Hold, Dispute / Case, or Pending Paypal Payment Review. This is usually after the funds have supposedly cleared inside the account and all appears fine; there is no additional notification or email when the reversal takes place. There have already been a couple times where I've shipped and didn't even notice the transaction had been reversed (6-7 hours after I've been paid without a review) and the money is no longer in my account. I'm not entirely sure if this has to do with their new policy changes, but it's just something I've been taking notice lately with. Paypal is being shady as hell!

I wanted to check with you guys first to see if there is any solution to this before I called in, or if you are pretty much screwed at that point because Paypal "made up their mind," as so to speak.

Last edited by exxomscp; 10-21-2014 at 08:07 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Paypal Reversals (Instaneous)

Any specific amount trigger these?

Status of the paypal account(s) Verified and confirmed?

Within USA only?

ebay only or off ebay too?

Prior to this change, did you have a resolved claim as a buyer or seller?

going to be more questions but that's a few to start off analysis.

Old 10-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Any specific amount trigger these?

Status of the paypal account(s) Verified and confirmed?

Within USA only?

ebay only or off ebay too?

Prior to this change, did you have a resolved claim as a buyer or seller?

going to be more questions but that's a few to start off analysis.

Most of my transactions have been between $1000-$3000. The actuation when this occurs varies and seems random. However, I should note that I've had a transaction for $36.00 reversed at one point without notice, so I don't really think the amount seems to matter. Wether this is an error or glitch that's happening on the buyers end, I don't know. I only sell and ship to USA customers. This happens on Paypal Verified and Confirmed accounts. I've actually experienced this on both eBay and off eBay; I do alot of both.

As a seller. Resolved claims? No. However, I'm still on the receiving end. In my case, the funds are getting reversed back to the buyer without a dispute/case and I do not want that to happen.

As a buyer. I can confirm that it happened to someone else I was buying from. The funds were reversed right back into my account after they shipped. This was not even a rush shipment either. My account got limited the next day.

The main concern I'm having is that this doesn't appear to be proper protocol, especially since this can happen a substantial amount of hours later after the payment has been checked as OK. Paypal has had to make "accounting adjustments" based on these errors (these reversals do not appear to be automated) in order for me to get my money back after the item has been shipped and delivered. Lo and behold, I receive a "Notification of Paypal Account Transaction" shortly later and the money is in my balance, with the initial transaction nowhere to be found (they appear to have removed the initial transaction from my history). Instant reversals like this really leave no room to contest these situations on the website itself as it is not a case. I've had to call, explain the situation, and have them fix things manually.

I've been working for months doing the same thing and I've never seen anything like this before up until recently.

Last edited by exxomscp; 10-21-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Ah, so it's only your seller's accounts with funds going missing?

Let me check something

Old 10-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Paypal Reversals (Instantaneous)

Technically, yes.

With a seller account: Received payment and funds go missing after shipping.

With a buyer account: Purchase will go through and get shipped to me. Reversed later out of the sellers account back to us without a case or hold. Leaving the seller at a loss.

I don't want to seem like I'm ripping off anyone, but it's really happening both ways. Not cool yo.

Last edited by exxomscp; 10-21-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Without a case or hold...reversal...that's troubling - I haven't had this /knock on wood
Old 10-22-2014

Longevity: 63%

Not a good idea, but why not call PayPal and find out the trigger.
Old 10-23-2014
Threadstarter  

Don't really know what the trigger is. However, next time it happens I'll try to find out and post back here..
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Not a good idea, but why not call PayPal and find out the trigger.
Since OP, you have been through some limitation already...perhaps it is smart to call in and find out...there is a chance of limitation however since an agent would look manually at the account