Paypal Withdrawal Issue - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paypal Withdrawal Issue

Paypal asking for security check when withdrawing to bank account, my stealth account is 5 years old but some info on it has changed recently. I have a tracfone linked to the account but it doesn't work for the automated phone call or text. Does anyone know which phones work? Prepaid verizon, AT&T, Straightalk?

I tried calling and they said it was a new security measure and wanted to do database questions, I said my wife was at work and she would have to be the one to answer those questions.

Really want to get this worked out with the phone because I can't answer the questions.

Last edited by dhunter0294; 11-27-2014 at 10:14 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2014

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Paypal Withdrawal Issue

Are they asking for a phone verification and to enter a code? I've over 10 PayPal with tracfone and I get their texts all the time.
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

They were saying that the device I was using wasn't recognized. Which it is i've been logging into it for weeks on the same pc. When I opted to verify the account by automated phone call it said the number I requested the call on wasn't in my name. It did this on both the automated call and text options. I called them first and the lady I talked to wanted to do database questions I said i'd have to call back. So I waited and emailed them and they emailed back saying its a new security measure and apologized and fixed the issue. Hopefully won't be having this problem again.
Old 11-27-2014

Yes that is a security bug that PayPal has sometimes, been reported by users here before, it has nothing to do with your phone. And usually it's fixed like that, emailing them and they fix it.
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Yea I was reading about it and most people said they got it fixed by calling, so I called and guess I got a bad rep that wanted to run to the database. I posted in the main thread about this but no one responded so I started my own thread.
Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I can tell you from my industry experience with credit reports and public record databases, many phone companies will NOT share their data with other companies. So, while eBay might be able to buy SOME customer records, they could never get ALL of them. They couldn't even get the MAJORITY of them.

The only way most phone companies will divulge cellular or non-published records is to law enforcement, or by court order.
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

I don't think this is a bug I think this is another PayPal scheme they are trying out to weed out stealth accounts. Who knows if it will last.
Old 11-28-2014

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunter0294 View Post
I don't think this is a bug I think this is another PayPal scheme they are trying out to weed out stealth accounts. Who knows if it will last.
Incorrect statement. You changed your information which is what trigged the soft limitation. I had this happen to me and I was able to get past answering the database questions. Instead of blaming Paypal why don't you look at yourself and how you could of done things better.

Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Incorrect statement. You changed your information which is what trigged the soft limitation. I had this happen to me and I was able to get past answering the database questions. Instead of blaming Paypal why don't you look at yourself and how you could of done things better.

PayPal weeds out enough users just by asking for the Tax ID at least here in the states. I agree that is nonsense. Just one of those random security measures as mentioned above by the other users. If you are a stealth member and play by the rules you are actually and asset to eBay/PayPal they won't kick you off unless they have to. Remember this is a for profit business.
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post

No one ever said I was blaming paypal, I was just speculating. I've been running stealth accounts for going on 5 years. An this account is one of the oldest an never had any problems with it, changing a phone number isn't that big of a deal.
Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
They were saying that the device I was using wasn't recognized. Which it is i've been logging into it for weeks on the same pc. When I opted to verify the account by automated phone call it said the number I requested the call on wasn't in my name. It did this on both the automated call and text options. I called them first and the lady I talked to wanted to do database questions I said i'd have to call back. So I waited and emailed them and they emailed back saying its a new security measure and apologized and fixed the issue. Hopefully won't be having this problem again.
From my experience this account is done. Even if you are able to verify via phone it will still get limited. You should NEVER change ANY information on a stealth account EVER (except for the password).

I hope I'm wrong but you may be better off sending money to another stealth account via a purchase. In other words buy from yourself. DO NOT send money as a friend or with an invoice, make a purchase through eBay.
Old 11-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosky View Post
Yes that is a security bug that PayPal has sometimes, been reported by users here before, it has nothing to do with your phone. And usually it's fixed like that, emailing them and they fix it.
Not true. EVERYTHING with PayPal or eBay has a reason behind it. Some perceived bug are done intentionally to trip people up into thinking like yourself.

Bottom line proper stealth procedure was not followed.
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm701 View Post
Not true. EVERYTHING with PayPal or eBay has a reason behind it. Some perceived bug are done intentionally to trip people up into thinking like yourself.

Bottom line proper stealth procedure was not followed.
Emailed them again this morning and received and email back stating the account was in good standing and the security issue is resolved with my account. Doesn't sound like the account is gone. So you're saying that anytime someone changes the phone number on a paypal account it automatically is limited? Thats very doubtful.
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%

I highly doubt the account is gone. This is not the sort of thing paypal are known for outright limiting accounts for.
Questions - as part of the info that was changed did you also change the phone number? If so that is most likely your problem. From my experience once you change the phone number youll start getting issues with being able to verify the account via phone - and I almost never have any issues if the original phone number that was used at registration is the one still being used for verification.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
dhunter0294 (11-28-2014)
Old 11-28-2014

Quote:
Emailed them again this morning and received and email back stating the account was in good standing and the security issue is resolved with my account. Doesn't sound like the account is gone. So you're saying that anytime someone changes the phone number on a paypal account it automatically is limited? Thats very doubtful.
I know what they said....

You came here for advice and I've given you mine that I know as fact. Your eBay account will be limited sooner or later. Come back in two weeks and let me know if you're still able to post new listings. I hope I'm wrong I don't wish bad luck on no one here.

And yes, the change of a phone number is the number one reason why you will have issues. Isn't that the reason why you started this thread?
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

The account has a SSN attached and can complete a photo ID request at anytime plus the database as well. The reason I started this thread was to find a phone that worked for the security requirement because I couldn't complete the database right away.
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
I highly doubt the account is gone. This is not the sort of thing paypal are known for outright limiting accounts for.
Questions - as part of the info that was changed did you also change the phone number? If so that is most likely your problem. From my experience once you change the phone number youll start getting issues with being able to verify the account via phone - and I almost never have any issues if the original phone number that was used at registration is the one still being used for verification.
Yes the phone number was changed and is now confirmed and linked to Paypal
Old 11-28-2014

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
PayPal weeds out enough users just by asking for the Tax ID at least here in the states. I agree that is nonsense. Just one of those random security measures as mentioned above by the other users. If you are a stealth member and play by the rules you are actually and asset to eBay/PayPal they won't kick you off unless they have to. Remember this is a for profit business.
Not really, paypal do not care about you, if you are a risk to them they will kick you off. Sometimes if you are not even a a risk they will kick you off, have you not read the countless of times, where the account was perfect, no disputes, no chargebacks, NOTHING and people are STILL kicked off... it is rather naive to think that
Quote:
asset to eBay/PayPal they won't kick you off unless they have too
The bottom line is they DO NOT CARE, understand this concept. What they DO care more about the IP lawyers, and companies such as bestbuy http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback even though bestbuy feedback is not excellent, but they do seem to CARE about these kind of companies
The Following User Says Thank You to jak For This Useful Post:
dhunter0294 (11-28-2014)
Old 11-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm701 View Post
I know what they said....

You came here for advice and I've given you mine that I know as fact. Your eBay account will be limited sooner or later. Come back in two weeks and let me know if you're still able to post new listings. I hope I'm wrong I don't wish bad luck on no one here.

And yes, the change of a phone number is the number one reason why you will have issues. Isn't that the reason why you started this thread?

So you're basically saying that all real accounts that change the phone number will be limited?

And that PayPal KNOWS it's stealth and a phone number change proves it??

Because the point of stealth is APEARING as much as a real individual user, and those people change numbers all the time. So this ALONE wouldn't cause an issue per say if everything else is right.

If changing number means that phone verification issues might arise like another person pointed out then that's something else, but can be handled fine if it's a working number.
The Following User Says Thank You to trosky For This Useful Post:
dhunter0294 (11-28-2014)
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

I've emailed them twice with 2 responses from paypal support saying both times they have made adjustments to the account and I will be able to withdraw now. I make my withdrawal and then a couple hours later try it again and its giving me the same security message about verifying the account. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Not really, paypal do not care about you, if you are a risk to them they will kick you off. Sometimes if you are not even a a risk they will kick you off, have you not read the countless of times, where the account was perfect, no disputes, no chargebacks, NOTHING and people are STILL kicked off... it is rather naive to think that
The bottom line is they DO NOT CARE, understand this concept. What they DO care more about the IP lawyers, and companies such as bestbuy http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback even though bestbuy feedback is not excellent, but they do seem to CARE about these kind of companies
Yes, if you are deemed a risk to them. If you play by the rules while I admit sometimes it happens people get randomly booted. I have been running stealth accounts since 2008 when Aspkin first created the guide. Knock on wood but everyone still stands today. If you are careless then you will get kicked off.

Half of the problem with users on this site regarding PayPal is that they constantly withdraw money keeping their balance at next to nothing. Keeping a significant reserve to account for any chargebacks etc goes a long way in PayPal's metrics for determining risk.
Old 11-29-2014

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
I've emailed them twice with 2 responses from paypal support saying both times they have made adjustments to the account and I will be able to withdraw now. I make my withdrawal and then a couple hours later try it again and its giving me the same security message about verifying the account. This is getting ridiculous.

same thing happened to me. they sent me a email saying they adjusted
something on my account. still can't withdrawal