Does PP Seller Protection require signatures at $250 or $249.99? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-19-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Does PP Seller Protection require signatures at $250 or $249.99?

insurance is a total joke, read about the horror stories people have with USPS all the way to the supreme court with some of these claims. USPS sucks and they only want to refund people 50 bucks. I like their shipping speed and low rates but their insurance is a total joke. I will never buy it again and yes I buy signature on expensive items.

trust me once you go thru a USPS claim you will understand what I mean, they literally denied my claim after a month because they basically didnt get to it in THEIR required timeframe, and yes I fought it three times only going around in their stupid circle.

great place to ship cheap crap but anything expensive 400+ I will be going to fedex
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2014

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
I guess you need to weigh risk vs reward and the type of buyers you are catering too.

I have yet to have a problem where a signed item was not received, but I'm also NOT OK with the delivery guy leaving a $500+ item on someones porch for anybody else to take (since it falls back on me ultimately). I feel a hot/trendy item (phones/new electronics) may entice buyers to claim it was never received to see if they can get away with keeping the item and their money. It's unfortunately that type of society we live in now!

Granted, I ordered a $1800 item from a website (not eb or amazon) before and UPS just left it on my porch I guess that site wasn't worried about what would happen!
I ordered 4 PS4s when they were released, pre-order on Amazon, they were bundles and came out to around $1,500.

UPS left them all on my porch for hours until I got home. I've NEVER seen Amazon get signature for anything.

I also had a package marked delivered, that was in the neighborhood of $600, the package was nowhere to be found, either misdelivered or stolen. Amazon sent a replacement.

Amazon doesn't seem to believe signatures are worth the hassle.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 12-20-2014 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Or maybe they realized that 90% of the people are pissed off and will never order again if a signature is required and a 5% return rate because buyers are not available to wait around to sign for a package.

My guess they are like me and apply this very simple concept and make a salary or two more every year NOT buying insurance or having signatures. It is quite simply math.

Ship 10,000 $1000.00 pieces. Save on signature and insurance. $8.00+ per package. Loose one or two packages a year. Lets make it crazy and say it was ten scammed or lost packages.. Make an extra 60K-78K......
Not complicated or risky or rocket science.

This number applies bigger or smaller. Same sliding scale..

Now add it the ROI of the flip of that money and it gets interesting...

On ebay and paypal it is quite simple. If it less than $750.00 you are covered. The raised it to this because of the couple reasons I mentioned above.

By-The-Way, credit card chargbacks is $250.00
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "credit card chargebacks are $250"? Are you saying if the buyer does a chargeback for an item over $250 and it was not delivered with signature confirmation, Paypal will make you eat the loss?
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Credit card chargbacks have very little to do with paypal. Paypal fights like hell to win chargebacks and they usually do, but no signature over $250 you loose. You loose against American Express almost every time no matter what.
Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldeals28 View Post
Yankee. If u think there's no risk with PayPal and ebay I have a bridge to sell you

What happens if 5 buyers open a claim saying not delivered tracking says delivered but they didn't get sum1 stole it let's say or they scamming you. Ok paypal will cover you but don't think paypal and ebay won't flag your account ASAP and you could be limited
If you making a decent amount of profit on the item just pay the extra fee to sign peace of mind
Lots of factors. Item value, tracking info, buyer history. Sales volume. If you update tracking info from USPS with D.C. and it says delivered then it is delivered. Is there a chance that it could be stolen, etc. Yes.

I literally had one buyer this year and I got a negative for it. I still think they tried to scam me. They told me the tracking says delivered I never got it. I told them honestly I have no idea in these situations where it says the item is delivered to know who is telling the truth. I hate to say this but I would file a claim against me under the buyer protection and you will be refunded. This is why my eBay fees are so high. Sure enough they filed got refunded it didn't come out of my pocket. But I got a negative saying I didn't do enough to help them.

I always tell the truth to the buyer and eat the cost if the item is not delivered. I have had times were it says out for delivery but never finally scanned in. I had to eat it and send another. But I simply refuse with the fees I pay for "buyer protection program" to be suckered into some jerk buyer because they know they have the upper hand.

Last edited by vogeltron; 12-21-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Credit card chargbacks have very little to do with paypal. Paypal fights like hell to win chargebacks and they usually do, but no signature over $250 you loose. You loose against American Express almost every time no matter what.
I see, so you mean CC payments not processed by Paypal. That's amazing that AMEX will still award a chargeback claim with signature proof of delivery.
Old 12-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Lots of factors. Item value, tracking info, buyer history. Sales volume. If you update tracking info from USPS with D.C. and it says delivered then it is delivered. Is there a chance that it could be stolen, etc. Yes.

I literally had one buyer this year and I got a negative for it. I still think they tried to scam me. They told me the tracking says delivered I never got it. I told them honestly I have no idea in these situations where it says the item is delivered to know who is telling the truth. I hate to say this but I would file a claim against me under the buyer protection and you will be refunded. This is why my eBay fees are so high. Sure enough they filed got refunded it didn't come out of my pocket. But I got a negative saying I didn't do enough to help them.

I always tell the truth to the buyer and eat the cost if the item is not delivered. I have had times were it says out for delivery but never finally scanned in. I had to eat it and send another. But I simply refuse with the fees I pay for "buyer protection program" to be suckered into some jerk buyer because they know they have the upper hand.
So Ebay ate the cost of the item? Is that typical when the buyer tries to say they didn't receive an item marked "delivered"?
Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
I see, so you mean CC payments not processed by Paypal. That's amazing that AMEX will still award a chargeback claim with signature proof of delivery.
No.
It is if someone disputes a charge on the credit card no matter who processed it.
Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Very difficult as a seller to fight back a cc chargeback
Old 12-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
So Ebay ate the cost of the item? Is that typical when the buyer tries to say they didn't receive an item marked "delivered"?
Its happened multiple times for me. I am sure if the buyer has a history of doing this they will get booted quickly.