Global shipping and paypal holds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Global shipping and paypal holds

So I am not a fan of the global shipping program for several reasons but I accidentally sold 23 items yesterday on a 99 day old stealth account that were international through the global shipping program. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM have the, 'You Just Got Paid' paypal hold while all the others did not have any holds at all.

Anyone else experience this? Does PayPal dislike the program too?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Global shipping and paypal holds

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
So I am not a fan of the global shipping program for several reasons but I accidentally sold 23 items yesterday on a 99 day old stealth account that were international through the global shipping program. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM have the, 'You Just Got Paid' paypal hold while all the others did not have any holds at all.

Anyone else experience this? Does PayPal dislike the program too?
Great...that you got sales, not good about the holds though :-)

You can opt out of global shipping though, cant you? But i guess if you are getting an increase in sales, then its worth keeping yeah
Old 02-17-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Great...that you got sales, not good about the holds though :-)

You can opt out of global shipping though, cant you? But i guess if you are getting an increase in sales, then its worth keeping yeah
It was an error on my end but with these particular items, I would not have offered international shipping so maybe it is a good thing but maybe not lol

Time will tell
Old 02-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I don't see how PP would dislike the program if eB is actually promoting it haha
Old 02-17-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Why do they have a paypal hold then? lol

and ebay promotes it because they make a HUGE amount of money doing so
Old 02-20-2015

Longevity: 63%

ebay promotes it because they make more money doing it. selling internationally is tricky because a lot of what you ship can't be tracked unless you use an expensive courier service like fedex. to get holds on items sold that are difficult to track and confirm would make me an unhappy camper.
Old 02-21-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

around 30% of my business is international. I personally have very little issues and don't care about the holds or proof of delivery etc.. I think over the past decade I has sold to almost every country in the world and have run into most every issue possible. Now the issues are more government stuff and bad postal systems abroad....anyways, this thread has nothing to do with international shipping.

The global shipping program is EBAYS shipping facility. You ship it to ebays distribution center in KY and they forward to the end user and make a HUGE amount of profit doing this. So as a seller, you are shipping domestic. Ebay is doing the exporting themselves.

I do not understand why these orders get the 'You Just Got Paid' paypal holds . They fall off after 7 days even if you don't load tracking or mark shipped. No big deal it just seems very odd.
Old 02-21-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

PayPal puts those holds when the sale is different than the Norm in my experience.

I think you said that the account is fairly new like 3-4 months old, and I'm guessing this is either the first time using the global shipping for this account, or its because you received more than the normal amount of sales for global shipping than normal.

I'd get that paypal hold once in a while if I sell a product that I never sold before, or a product where the price range is in a different range than normal sales

But it seems that hold is very temporary and goes away pretty quickly
Old 02-27-2015

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

The global shipping program is EBAYS shipping facility. You ship it to ebays distribution center in KY and they forward to the end user and make a HUGE amount of profit doing this. So as a seller, you are shipping domestic. Ebay is doing the exporting themselves.

I do not understand why these orders get the 'You Just Got Paid' paypal holds . They fall off after 7 days even if you don't load tracking or mark shipped. No big deal it just seems very odd.
Yeah, its odd. I also wonder why if it is shipped from an Ebay shipping facility why paypal would put a hold on the money? Doesn't really make much sense, but par for the course.