1st Charge Back... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-02-2015

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%
Default 1st Charge Back...

Got my first charge back as a seller today.

This is a on going issue I've had to deal with for the past 2 months. Buyer opened 2 cases on eBay and both sided in my favor. He now opened a charged back threw his bank...

Paypal withheld 650 initially but after calling, not even asking for them to remove the hold they did.

I suppose my question is what is the realistic end result of this?

So right now I have documentation from eBay with both cases. I already won a item not as described case which is what he filed with his bank/credit card company.

He claimed he received a can of paint and two shoes. Upon returning BACK to my stealth address he chose to ship it back using FIRST CLASS. Now we all know paint and shoes equal to MORE than 13 ounces. I was going to use that as my point to win the case but for whatever reason the package never got delivered?

So based off everything and paypal already saying if he would of opened a case threw them I'd of already won it do you think I have a realistic chance? I mean... cases MUST be won with paypal from time to time otherwise they wouldn't fight on behalf of us anyways, right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 55%
Default Re: 1st Charge Back...

I think you'll win. I'd make sure to include saying that the item couldn't have been shipped first class even if you won the cases without that info.
The Following User Says Thank You to jakobrockz For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%

Paypal will fight like hell for you up to one year. I know we read other members saying they dont care etc, but the truth of the matter is THEY do care about false chargebacks more than anything and the reputation they need to withhold with credit card companies they process for is extremely important to them for a variety of reasons such as very low fees paid to visa/mastercard and insurances against chargeback claims and whatnot.

Paypal will always give a credit for good customers such as yourself and myself.

IF it is American Express then unfortunately, you will loose. Paypal will drag it out for up to one year but in the end, if the buyer replies at all to AMEX you will loose.

Wish you luck and glad you are learning from this experience!
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (10-02-2015)
Old 10-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

I always had a negative outlook when it came to Paypal but they really surprise me sometimes.

At the end of the day they just want us to do our part as sellers and if we do we get rewarded. When I say that for instance like you said they re-credited my money back without me even asking them too. Getting large payments has NOT been a issue like I thought it would be..

It seems like as long as you take care of the 200/20,000, don't start selling high priced items with limited history, and just move correctly, they really seem to be BETTER than eBay. When I say BETTER they leave you alone more then eBay does..

At least with what I sell they do.

I think alot of it is just people who sell high risk things and either don't consider them high risk or don't care enough to do research and find out that Paypal does. If your selling legit items and do YOUR job, they seem to leave us alone. Its all about that age and history haha.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 10-03-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

I sell over 50k a month on electronics and just review all my chargebacks and notice that we won all of them not by luck but by providing the proper documentation to support your claim in a professional manner followed up by a phone call. If you need any advice on a case pm me.