Attempted scam on eBay - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Unhappy Re: Attempted scam on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I would definitely choose to intercept the packages if at all possible. Because regardless of anything, if you broke ANY of eBay's shipping guidelines, regardless of whether it was at the customer's request, they could simply refuse to cover you under seller protection. The email you have is probably not set in stone. The next one could say "Unfortunately, upon further review, we have determined that you are NOT covered under the seller protection program."

Now, if you are sure you followed all of the rules and got signature confirmation (I don't know what the value is on the cameras, so I don't know if you need it or not) then you should be covered. But I wouldn't pin everything on that letter you got from eBay.

If you can get your merchandise back, do so and let eBay know. You can always re-sell the cameras. It is not worth a lost account. That is the only way that I can see you would be 100% made whole (well, minus the shipping fees).
I just called USPS but they said its not possible to intercept, because i purchased the shipping through a third party in my case paypal it doesn't show them what the weight is. So i'm SOL on that end. I did purchase signature confirmation on both packages so that has to help me. I don't have a choice but to rely on paypal to help me out. I didn't get an email about the seller protection, i was only told on the phone by the two agents that i'd be taken care of regardless. Lets see what happens
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Attempted scam on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
No i wasn't told via email but both the paypal reps i spoke with said I'm protected 100%. But then again who really knows

But If I call the USPS and intercept the packages wouldn't that affect the claim?
Good move on the intercepting as recommended by other ppl here.

Thanks for clarifying - so it was just "speech" by paypal reps....I would not take it for much value unless written - many of the CS Reps there are out of touch for some issues
Old 05-26-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
I just called USPS but they said its not possible to intercept, because i purchased the shipping through a third party in my case paypal it doesn't show them what the weight is. So i'm SOL on that end. I did purchase signature confirmation on both packages so that has to help me. I don't have a choice but to rely on paypal to help me out. I didn't get an email about the seller protection, i was only told on the phone by the two agents that i'd be taken care of regardless. Lets see what happens
Send an email to paypal. Get it in writing. Cover your back as much as you.
Old 05-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I just emailed
Old 05-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I got an automated response. Since I selected Seller Protection from the email options. I did notice this at the bottom

With "Eligible" transactions, you are fully protected if your buyer doesn’t receive the item you shipped or if an unauthorized payment was made.

And from I recall all 3 were eligible

Only thing that concerns me is that on the buyer that bought the 3 cameras, he bought 1 then two later. I ended up canceling one of the labels and went with only one. On paypal it shows that im requesting to refund it but when I called paypal I gave them the same tracking number for both packages. Which I updated on eBay right away (Not sure if that even matters at this point) I hope they don't hold that against me.
Old 05-26-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
I got an automated response. Since I selected Seller Protection from the email options. I did notice this at the bottom

With "Eligible" transactions, you are fully protected if your buyer doesn’t receive the item you shipped or if an unauthorized payment was made.

And from I recall all 3 were eligible

Only thing that concerns me is that on the buyer that bought the 3 cameras, he bought 1 then two later. I ended up canceling one of the labels and went with only one. On paypal it shows that im requesting to refund it but when I called paypal I gave them the same tracking number for both packages. Which I updated on eBay right away (Not sure if that even matters at this point) I hope they don't hold that against me.

Respond to that auto response. Any email sent to Paypal always come back with an automatic response
Old 05-27-2016
Threadstarter  

UPDATE: I called PayPal once again today and spoke with someone who looked at the notes and said that the packages were being shipped to the right addresses so I'm protected. He said he would escalate the case to have the money released in my favor, he claimed he didn't have the power to close the dispute himself it would have to escalated to a higher up. Not sure how true that is. It should take 24 hours according to him. I won't believe it till I see it but he gave me hope. I'll update once anything changes.
The Following User Says Thank You to RichardCard82 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (05-27-2016)
Old 06-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Update: Well after calling PayPal almost everyday they finally closed all 3 cases and released my funds. I was covered under the sellers protection. The scammers also did get the money back as well. I got two emails on eBay a few days ago that the accounts of the buyers had become "compromised" and were being returned back, Too bad i didn't get that message before I shipped out the cameras. Not sure if it was really true they were hacked or not but i'll be mailing a box animal feces to both buyers for causing me so much stress and having my money held for over a week. (there's a website where you can have animal feces shipped to whoever you want and they take PayPal) Lesson learned. Will not be selling anything of high value on eBay. Too much risk any more of those claims and my account will be closed. Thanks to those that offered their help.
Old 06-06-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%

Yeah, not to take this in a different direction, but since you mentioned GoPRo's, and I'm not going to handle them (ever) again, I sold about 15 of them at one point, and at least one out of 5 were bought with an unauthorized account (which I think was just a claim, I didn't think the accounts were hacked, just scam disputes). I went through this EXACT problem, and had to follow up step by step to get my payments back which I ended up getting all but one out of 4 or 5 disputes. So frustrating, if you list them at auction, the high bidder is a zero fb from china, if you do a BIN, they grab them then dispute them. That was a nightmare product for me. Anyway, so much sweat to sell a handful of easy to ship items. You have my heartfelt sympathies, my friend!
Old 06-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork View Post
Yeah, not to take this in a different direction, but since you mentioned GoPRo's, and I'm not going to handle them (ever) again, I sold about 15 of them at one point, and at least one out of 5 were bought with an unauthorized account (which I think was just a claim, I didn't think the accounts were hacked, just scam disputes). I went through this EXACT problem, and had to follow up step by step to get my payments back which I ended up getting all but one out of 4 or 5 disputes. So frustrating, if you list them at auction, the high bidder is a zero fb from china, if you do a BIN, they grab them then dispute them. That was a nightmare product for me. Anyway, so much sweat to sell a handful of easy to ship items. You have my heartfelt sympathies, my friend!
Oh man I KNOW!

I'm honestly afraid to sell a hammer on eBay at this point

I had the cameras on BIN. Only 1 out of 5 cameras was a legit purchase. I honestly don't believe those accounts were stolen. Just a claim to get them for free. Which they did, since they got the refund too. Its a crying shame. I currently have 7 Galaxy S7 phones but I wouldn't dare putting up for sale on eBay. I might go with swappa. I have them on craiglist and on the Letgo app but i get nothing but scammers asking me to ship it to Africa and they'll pay me with Paypal, Seems legit right? What can possibly go wrong!
The Following User Says Thank You to RichardCard82 For This Useful Post:
NewYork (06-06-2016)