Withdrawals Taking Longer Than Usual? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Withdrawals Taking Longer Than Usual?

Has anyone been experiencing longer than normal withdrawal times lately? On one of my well established business accounts, I made a withdrawal the other day and it is usually pending for 24 hours. This time it was pending for 48. Nothing done differently, no risky amounts withdrawn, etc.

Then another account (new account), I made a withdrawal and it is still pending...over 48 hours now. I am pretty sure this one will be a 72 hour pending withdrawal before it completes. It could be because this is a new account and the first withdrawal done on this account, I do not know.

But my established business account was a weird one. Account is over a year old, I've put thousands of dollars through it with no issues whatsoever. I've never had "instant" withdrawals on this one...always been 24 hours. Last one went on for 48 hours.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Withdrawals Taking Longer Than Usual?

Yes. A couple threads about it. 1-5 days even on the same accounts the same week.

I also have had thursday, friday, saturday withdrawals show up on Monday before 6AM eastern. I called paypal and they have a complex explanation but basically, sometimes it is really fast and sometimes a bottleneck occurs. They also try explain that weekends sometimes still get processed depending on certain banks and to always plan of 2-5 days.

Also, some banks sometimes are slower as well or inconsistent.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
wtfebay (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Yes. A couple threads about it. 1-5 days even on the same accounts the same week.

I also have had thursday, friday, saturday withdrawals show up on Monday before 6AM eastern. I called paypal and they have a complex explanation but basically, sometimes it is really fast and sometimes a bottleneck occurs. They also try explain that weekends sometimes still get processed depending on certain banks and to always plan of 2-5 days.

Also, some banks sometimes are slower as well or inconsistent.
I am just talking about the time it takes to go from "pending" to "complete" on paypal. After the withdrawal shows "complete", it is always in my bank the next day IF I withdrew BEFORE 8pm. If it was AFTER 8pm, then it shows up two days later in the bank.

However, this is a 48 hour "pending" time that was on my business account....and past 48 hours now on this new account that I withdrew on (I assume it will end up being 72 hours).

But if this is happening to others as well, then I wonder if it's not some kind of delay that they are doing on all withdrawals, purposely.
Old 08-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Paypal basically said to me that sometimes they can process really fast and sometimes it is not fast. The rest depends on the bank.

This is what I was told when calling on perfect high volume accounts. I was wanting to know if over a certain dollar amount or how many times a day I withdrew made a difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
wtfebay (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Paypal basically said to me that sometimes they can process really fast and sometimes it is not fast. The rest depends on the bank.

This is what I was told when calling on perfect high volume accounts. I was wanting to know if over a certain dollar amount or how many times a day I withdrew made a difference.
What was the conclusion you came to? The amount of times / dollar amount had no effect on the processing time?
Old 08-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
What was the conclusion you came to? The amount of times / dollar amount had no effect on the processing time?
Paypal told me that on that account I had no restrictions of any kind. That sometimes my account was processed on Sundays and sometimes not and it was solely based on paypals ability. Not my account, dollar amount etc...

I am eastern time and usually 8pm withdrawals show up 5:30 am the next day. Even on Sundays. Other times Thursday, Friday, Saturday show up Monday and Sunday and Monday or Tuesday and other times it is 3-4 days.

I have no solid conclusion other than usually it is fast and sometimes it is not. The Sunday deal must be something new.

As for bank arrivals, my fastest ones are a two small 7 day a week credit union and then BofA.

I get nervous when weekend withdrawals dont show up til mid or late week. Can cause me a few problems on big accounts.

One thing that has been a help is a daily automated batch closing. So all my paid items after 8pm til around 1:30 will get automatically withdraw by paypal like a regular merchant account. That way no matter what funds get a daily dump, even if I dont get around to logging in. I am not sure if this is available on all accounts but you may want to look into it if you have a lot of transactions or accounts.
Old 08-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Paypal told me that on that account I had no restrictions of any kind. That sometimes my account was processed on Sundays and sometimes not and it was solely based on paypals ability. Not my account, dollar amount etc...

I am eastern time and usually 8pm withdrawals show up 5:30 am the next day. Even on Sundays. Other times Thursday, Friday, Saturday show up Monday and Sunday and Monday or Tuesday and other times it is 3-4 days.

I have no solid conclusion other than usually it is fast and sometimes it is not. The Sunday deal must be something new.

As for bank arrivals, my fastest ones are a two small 7 day a week credit union and then BofA.

I get nervous when weekend withdrawals dont show up til mid or late week. Can cause me a few problems on big accounts.

One thing that has been a help is a daily automated batch closing. So all my paid items after 8pm til around 1:30 will get automatically withdraw by paypal like a regular merchant account. That way no matter what funds get a daily dump, even if I dont get around to logging in. I am not sure if this is available on all accounts but you may want to look into it if you have a lot of transactions or accounts.

Interesting. I've had 24 hour pending ever since I made this account. I've never gotten the "instant" withdrawals. I have instant on several other accounts but never this one. Which is OK by me, as long as I get my money. Never had an issue with Paypal on this account so far, and I have withdrawn up to 3000 at a time. I try to do smaller withdrawals, less than 1000, and more times than not less than 500 for "safety" reasons. Even though it really doesn't matter what amount I withdraw, it's always been 24 hours. Not this time...small withdrawal, 48 hours. Eh, at least it completed now.

The other account is what I'm hung up on. Again, fairly small withdrawal and over 48 hours pending already. Not too worried about it, as I'm not selling anything high risk or doing anything suspicious. Initially just seeing if others are having the same issue now.