Major issue..... PP asking for SSN + DOB when trying to upgrade to business - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-08-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Major issue..... PP asking for SSN + DOB when trying to upgrade to business

So I went to upgrade to business account a few mins ago.

It first asked for business name, tel ph # address,

Then it asked what type of business, business catergory and then finally estimated average monthly sales.

THEN the next page they

asked for SSN ( last 4 ) + DOB

What should I do? I just exited out when it asked for SSN and DOB.

It never asked for EIN yet!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Major issue..... PP asking for SSN + DOB when trying to upgrade to business

I got a screen shot if I can email it to someone.

i thought they didn't ask for SSN etc when upgrading to business. thought they only asked basic details about business and EIN???
Old 09-09-2016

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: Major issue..... PP asking for SSN + DOB when trying to upgrade to business

Do you have an EIN for the business you're trying to register? If so, just enter that number instead of the SSN
Old 09-09-2016
Threadstarter  

yes I have EIN for business.

it is asking for last 4 of SSN and DOB for stealth name when upgrading to business. Says due to "patriot act" etc. Hasn't even asked for EIN yet.

What should I do??? When I login to paypal now - it prompts me to finish this where i left off.

need to know fast.
Old 09-09-2016
Threadstarter  

when I login now. PP wants me to finish the upgrade to business process.

picking up where I left off. wanting last 4 of SSN and DOB.

What should I do? need to know fast.
Old 09-09-2016
Threadstarter  

no response and nervous as hell. so I just put in last 4 of EIN number and the stealth DOB.

everything went through okay for ~now~.

Further QUESTION:

I have over $1500 in the account + 2 pending transfers ( one which should clear tonight ).

What should I do to minimize risk of 180day wait? ( if it comes to that )? Can I send say close to $1,000 to my other paypal that is in good standing ( long history + not stealth )??

I find it very odd in the upgrade to business acct they never asked me for EIN #. Only the last 4 of SSN!
Old 09-09-2016

Longevity: 44%

Filing a BBB complaint after suspension should shorten the 180 day wait to 30 max.
Old 09-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

You're fine and have nothing to worry about, Jack. The process you went through is 100% normal and you handled it properly. I've upgraded all of my business accounts the same way you did yours yesterday, and they've all been running strong for over a year. Sending large payments to another one of your accounts all of a sudden would seem suspicious and would greatly increase your chances of running into problems. If you're nervous about your balance, just withdraw some funds to your bank. I withdraw about $2500 daily on my most active *stealth* account and it's never been a problem.

Try not to be so paranoid, and just keep doing what you're doing!
Old 09-09-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You're fine and have nothing to worry about, Jack. The process you went through is 100% normal and you handled it properly. I've upgraded all of my business accounts the same way you did yours yesterday, and they've all been running strong for over a year. Sending large payments to another one of your accounts all of a sudden would seem suspicious and would greatly increase your chances of running into problems. If you're nervous about your balance, just withdraw some funds to your bank. I withdraw about $2500 daily on my most active *stealth* account and it's never been a problem.

Try not to be so paranoid, and just keep doing what you're doing!
thank you. hard not to be paranoid. this is what pays my bills and puts food on the table. I quit my day job long ago because I didn't have time for both.

I'm not to the level like some and have multiple backups ready and going full speed. Trying to get there.
Old 09-11-2016
Threadstarter  

screwed and limited yesterday.

this sucks. getting harder and different than before.
Old 09-11-2016

Was it a permanent limitation? I read somewhere that when you register you actually need to appear like a business or they will think you are using a business to mask your identity. Paypal gotten smarter but we can beat it.
Old 09-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenstyle View Post
Was it a permanent limitation? I read somewhere that when you register you actually need to appear like a business or they will think you are using a business to mask your identity. Paypal gotten smarter but we can beat it.
it was a limitation and they want tons of info. SSN, picture ID, invoices, etc.

So the account is screwed and I have over 3k in it :(
Old 09-13-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack702 View Post
it was a limitation and they want tons of info. SSN, picture ID, invoices, etc.

So the account is screwed and I have over 3k in it :(
Always transfer your money, never trust paypal with your money.
Old 09-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Always transfer your money, never trust paypal with your money.
I don't that is for sure. BUT I was trying to keep my transfers to a minimum and under $1,000 per transfer. They reversed two transfers that was pending.
Old 09-15-2016

Quote:
Where'd you read that and what do you mean? How do you actually appear like a business?
Old 09-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by asidfhawesd View Post
Where'd you read that and what do you mean? How do you actually appear like a business?
Basically you have to actually register an LLC in your state (which costs a fee, mine was $100), get an EIN number and add a business bank account so Paypal believe that you actually have a company and running a legitimate business.

Last edited by zenstyle; 09-16-2016 at 08:23 AM.