Known Glitch: "Try Later" For Funds Availability - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Known Glitch: "Try Later" For Funds Availability

There was a thread about getting the message "Try Later" on Paypal where the funds availability date should be showing. I have run into this issue as well. Ebay doesn't show any funds release date, and when you go to Paypal, all you see is "Try Later". I sent an email to customer service about it and they replied saying that it is a glitch on their website that they are aware of and working to fix. Hmmm...is it really? Are they really trying to fix it? My guess is that they do this so that your funds are held for the full 21 days, instead of having any sooner release date. Anyway, point is, apparently Paypal is fully aware of the "glitch" and "maybe" it will be fixed sometime in the next 10 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (09-25-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Known Glitch: "Try Later" For Funds Availability

if you click on the actual transaction in paypal, (where you see its full details) you will see the release date in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
quizmaniac (09-25-2016)
Old 09-24-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
apparently Paypal is fully aware of the "glitch" and "maybe" it will be fixed sometime in the next 10 years.
10 Years? Don't get your hopes up.

That glitch has been around for a while now, it's going nowhere.
Just PayPal's way of holding funds a little longer until their confortable releasing it to you. The same thing happens with withdrawals on new accounts sometimes, where a different error message is shown.

The worst part is, none of the customer service representatives have a clue why it appears, or how to get rid of it. IMO patience works a treat.
Old 09-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I ran into a "glitch" this week where funds were being held for weeks (months in some cases) after the release date. I called Paypal and brought it to the attention of a rep. She told me they've been having issues on some accounts with overdue funds not being released on time. She opened a support ticket and all of the funds were released the next day.

Moral of the story: Don't hesitate to call Paypal if you haven't done anything wrong but your funds are unfairly/indefinitely being held.
Old 09-25-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
There was a thread about getting the message "Try Later" on Paypal where the funds availability date should be showing. I have run into this issue as well. Ebay doesn't show any funds release date, and when you go to Paypal, all you see is "Try Later". I sent an email to customer service about it and they replied saying that it is a glitch on their website that they are aware of and working to fix. Hmmm...is it really? Are they really trying to fix it? My guess is that they do this so that your funds are held for the full 21 days, instead of having any sooner release date. Anyway, point is, apparently Paypal is fully aware of the "glitch" and "maybe" it will be fixed sometime in the next 10 years.
Yes I was in that thread too. I ended up sending an email to customer support and the next day I got a reply with an apology and the guy said he sent a "ticket" for my funds to be released within 24-28 hours.

I got an email saying my funds were available like 20 minutes later, thankfully, but still annoyed that I had to wait so long without knowing what the heck was going on. I should have just written them sooner I guess lol.
Old 09-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
if you click on the actual transaction in paypal, (where you see its full details) you will see the release date in there.
That is not the case. This is where it shows "Try Later".
Old 09-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneylooser View Post
NEw paypal system have too much glitch compare to previous
first glitch is that email confirmation took too long
second help button sometime dont work
Yea this new "upgrade" or whatever they did sucks. Emails don't come for ages, and transactions also take forever to show up.
Old 09-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
That is not the case. This is where it shows "Try Later".
no that is shown on the page where ALL pending payments are.

I am explaining a totally different thing.

EACH transaction has a DETAILED description,

If SARAH MOON PAYS YOU £10.00 click on her payment
so you see all her ebay purchase details etc.. on that page, it shows the date.
Dont click 'get date' (release date)

NOT on the pending payments section of paypal. Its on the full description of EACH transaction received.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
spindoctor (09-25-2016)
Old 09-25-2016

Longevity: 52%

Typical PayPal, glitch after glitch after glitch. Just another way keep the funds longer.
Old 09-25-2016

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 59%

I have close to 800 USD pending for a while now. It has definitely been 21 days since the transactions. All of the transactions had tracking uploaded to eBay but some tracking doesn't show in PayPal. I suppose this was a glitch during an upgrade. I really don't want to call but I am getting impatient. I may send them a message online and see if I can get it sorted out.
Old 09-25-2016

Quote:

NOT on the pending payments section of paypal. Its on the full description of EACH transaction received.
Are you referring to PayPal when looking at the details transaction? Or eBay?

In PayPal, I was clicking on the buyer's payment transaction where it brought me to the detailed page which shows all of the buyers info. Under the name of the buyer, where I usually see the estimated funds availability date, this is where it was saying "Try Later".

On eBay, I was getting nothing, no date at all.

I think I clicked on everything I possibly could to find a date somewhere but never had any luck lol
Old 09-26-2016

Longevity: 43%

I had this same problem. I sold an item, and it was past the "3-days after verified delivery" period. Still no release date on the funds, just the try late error. I ended up calling PayPal with my iPhone app generated phone number I used to register my stealth PayPal account. They said it was some glitch in their system and released the funds immediately (which I immediately withdrew). After that phone call I never had a problem with funds availability date glitches on that PayPal account.

BTW the best way to get anther phone number is with an app called TextFree. Pretty glitch free and works like another phone on your phone. Great for phone verification, etc.
Old 09-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I fully understood what you were saying and what I am telling you is it STILL says "Try Later" even on the full details page.
Old 09-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:

To reiterate my last response....and I'm sure this is what everyone else is experiencing when they say they are running into this issue:

The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (10-01-2016)
Old 09-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've seen that plenty of times, and the payments usually release within 21 days as they're supposed to. Just send them a message in the message center or call them if the payment isn't released on time and they will do it manually for you. I think they've been making some changes to the pending payments system lately because I've noticed a lot of glitches in that department.
Old 09-29-2016

Whenever I send the message to paypal through messeage center, I always receive the automatic email from their webform. Please let me know how you can contact them by email.
Old 09-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by greerkandi View Post
Whenever I send the message to paypal through messeage center, I always receive the automatic email from their webform. Please let me know how you can contact them by email.
Yeah they send an automated email response almost immediately after you send the message, but then a Paypal rep responds to your specific question within 24 hours. You have to go back into P/P message center to see their response, because that part doesn't show up in your email.
Old 09-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yeah they send an automated email response almost immediately after you send the message, but then a Paypal rep responds to your specific question within 24 hours. You have to go back into P/P message center to see their response, because that part doesn't show up in your email.
thanks man, I will wait and let you know if paypal send me a message. By the way, can you tell me which topic and sub-topic you choose when contacting paypal about the pending balance
Old 09-30-2016

it's still "You currently have no messages."
Old 09-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
it's still "You currently have no messages."
Maybe they haven't responded yet, but I know those messages are checked by Paypal staff regularly. I just had to shoot them a message that way last week and I got a response (and my funds were released) within 24 hours.

I'll give you a more clear answer when I log into that account this afternoon, but I remember selecting the sub-option about "pending payments" and then explaining that many of my payments had been held for 45+ days.
Old 09-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Maybe they haven't responded yet, but I know those messages are checked by Paypal staff regularly. I just had to shoot them a message that way last week and I got a response (and my funds were released) within 24 hours.

I'll give you a more clear answer when I log into that account this afternoon, but I remember selecting the sub-option about "pending payments" and then explaining that many of my payments had been held for 45+ days.
Thank you man, please let tell me more about that because it's seem like paypal support don't want to answer my question :(
Old 10-01-2016

Quote:
Thank you man, please let tell me more about that because it's seem like paypal support don't want to answer my question :(
When I received the automated message, I replied to that email and basically said that email did not help me, and then I went and explained the issue again. The next day I got an email from them and they fixed the issue within minutes.