Using Hush App. What if I have to call Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 10-18-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Using Hush App. What if I have to call Ebay?

Hi Everyone,

I have been using tracfones on my stealths and all has been going fine. On some new accounts I get the MC999 and have to call ebay and clear it.

The only downside to this is having all these phones, especially when traveling.

I make sure to uncheck all the contact options in my ebay settings so they don't call me with marketing stuff, but if I ever set off some other flag and they call, well, I won't have all these phones with me.

So, I am looking into the Hushed app or other that I can get all on one phone.

Here's the hurdle I am looking to resolve on this...

If I get an MC999 and have to call ebay, what phone am I going to use? If I use my real phone to call, are they going to log this # and connect it to the account as well from the caller ID? You can not block the caller ID when you are calling an 800 number.

Has anyone used an old phone# that was linked to another account to call THEM without issues?

Perhaps there is another app that will mask your caller ID? Any suggestions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Using Hush App. What if I have to call Ebay?

Update, I am finding caller ID ⊗⊗⊗⊗r apps ( I have android phone ). Just wondering if they work when calling an 800#

Anyone ever use one of the android caller ID ⊗⊗⊗⊗r apps to call ebay that they know worked on the 800#?
Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

How about you call your real phone or another phone and see what happens....just saying.
Old 10-18-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I am confident that these apps work with a normal phone. The thing is, will it work when calling an 800#?

For example, when you try and block your# using *69, it will always work when calling a normal phone#, but *69 does not work when you are calling an 800#.

I found this out through verizon and I also tried it when calling ebay. I *69 before calling and the automated message was able to still locate my account from the number I was calling from

Not sure if the masking apps would have similar issues. hrmmm, seems I should try the same thing with the masking app. Put it on the phone for my real account and call customer service and see if the automated message finds my account

Last edited by BeAwesome; 10-18-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

You can just call in with Google voice doesn't have to be the same number that's on the account
Old 10-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 91%

You can try it out by calling ebay.
When you call in the automated response will always say something to the effect of: "I see youre calling from XXX-XXX-XXXX. If you want me to look up this number press 1".
Call in and youll know for a fact if they can or cannot see your number. Either way you can immediately hang up and the call doesn't go through anyway.
Old 10-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
You can just call in with Google voice doesn't have to be the same number that's on the account
I thought that google voice just provided a number that would ring your phone. It can also be used to make calls from your phone and show that number when you call? Would you mind elaborating on that?

Yeah guys, and I did call ebay tonight using CallerID⊗⊗⊗⊗r for android. It lets you put in the number that you want to show. It works with calling one of my tracfones, but ebay sees through it. It does not see my real phone# but I called multiple times and it does see the number of this forwarding service, not the number I put in. So, if I use this on multiple stealths, it will still be the same number they see calling on all of them. Am I being overkill on this?

What do you guys use to call ebay if you are using an app for your incoming verifications and not a tracfone? Do you use the same phone to call them for all your stealths?
Old 10-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hey, I just had an idea. It's very easy to change the phone# on a tracfone. I've done it a few times. Maybe get one tracfone dedicated just for calling ebay when I need to and can change the number any time. Not sure if maybe tracfone has a limit on how many times you can do it, but it's all automated and you can do it in a few minutes. Then you can always get a fresh # when you need to call.
Old 10-23-2014

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAwesome View Post
Hey, I just had an idea. It's very easy to change the phone# on a tracfone. I've done it a few times. Maybe get one tracfone dedicated just for calling ebay when I need to and can change the number any time. Not sure if maybe tracfone has a limit on how many times you can do it, but it's all automated and you can do it in a few minutes. Then you can always get a fresh # when you need to call.
Oh, good idea, I will try and feedback to you
Old 10-23-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:

What do you guys use to call ebay if you are using an app for your incoming verifications and not a tracfone? Do you use the same phone to call them for all your stealths?
I always use Tracfones to create and verify the accounts, but if I ever need to call eBay I just use a texting app (Textnow). Creating a Textnow account takes seconds and you can change numbers every 15 days on the same account so if you buy credit and want to reuse the same account or just make more accounts.

Quote:
Tracfone has a limit of 4 number changes per phone (or so that's what a rep once told me).
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjame View Post
Oh, good idea, I will try and feedback to you
No,no,no,NO.

You can only change those numbers FOUR times.

That's why I said no four times LOL.

Not a good idea to do ever.

Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
I always use Tracfones to create and verify the accounts, but if I ever need to call eBay I just use a texting app (Textnow). Creating a Textnow account takes seconds and you can change numbers every 15 days on the same account so if you buy credit and want to reuse the same account or just make more accounts.
Nice simple and straightforward - good approach
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
plumsake2 (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
Not many reports on Textnow.

Had much success?

Good to have info on various 'aids'.

Thanks.

Old 10-23-2014

Longevity: 64%

@GreenBean Yes Textnow works great for me. I never use it for verification, but as far as calling eBay, I've been using Textnow since the beginning of the year for every single call to eBay. You can get free minutes by watching a 60 second ad, or pay $1.99 for 100 minutes. I haven't had any issues at all in the time that I've used Textnow.