What label printer do you use? - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 11-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%

Thanks morpheus
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

I just bought a brother ql560.... Look forward to using it..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Has anyone used p touch editor. How can I print different address labels at one time?
Old 07-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: What label printer do you use?

I know this thread is as old as sin, but what Thermal Printers are you guys using now? I really don't see any Zebra brand printers pop up when I search "label printers" online.

I'm still using Windows 7, BTW (until they pry it from my cold, dead hands!).
Old 07-20-2016

Longevity: 70%

I use a Brother q570 thermal printer. Try searching for thermal printer and a bunch should come up.
Old 07-20-2016

Longevity: 60%

I use a citizen one unsure on exact model, but has been doing me good so far.

Trust me, stick with a label printer even with the smallest volume, like 5 a day.. It will make your life hell a lot easier.

If you are in the UK, free supplies with royal mail when you use their PPI service.
Old 07-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool customer View Post
I use a Brother q570 thermal printer. Try searching for thermal printer and a bunch should come up.
Brother thermal line are a great set for the price
Old 07-21-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Brother thermal line are a great set for the price
Absolutely, mine is coming into its fifth year of service. Cheap and awesome
Old 07-21-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I know this thread is as old as sin, but what Thermal Printers are you guys using now? I really don't see any Zebra brand printers pop up when I search "label printers" online.

Im also running Win7 using my Zebra LP2844. Kinda buggy through java though. Im always forced to change the dimensions for EVERY label I print. I've gotten to be a pro at pressing 4+TAB+6+TAB+0+TAB+0. (4x6 with 0/0 borders lol).
Old 07-22-2016

Longevity: 45%

The Zebra is pretty expensive though. Appx $250 for a new one or $115 for a used one. I see the Dymo 500 being sold for $75 brand new. Do you guys think this could work just as good as the Zebra?

Currently I print lables from my inkjet computer and it works fine for me. Only problem is that I bought 100 sticky shipping label paper which I print my labels on but they do not stick to the packages very well. I could literally rip off those labels from the packages after having stuck them on so I still need to use tape to secure it. Sort of defeats the purpose of buying sticky shipping labels for your printer. So am I correct to assume that this does not happen with the thermal printer labels?

Or is there a better branded label printer that I could purchase instead and continue using in my inkjet printer?
Old 07-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by digim0n View Post

Or is there a better branded label printer that I could purchase instead and continue using in my inkjet printer?
Change brands....I use a laser printer with regular labels and they don't peel off easily. You must have a crappy brand.
Old 07-23-2016

Quote:
Change brands....I use a laser printer with regular labels and they don't peel off easily. You must have a crappy brand.
Seconded. I had a bunch of issues in my old laser printed using paper with integrated address labels. The issue was using cheap paper, such as that which swamps your favourite selling sites (it is cheap for a reason). They just buckled when they got hot, and wrapped around the rollers. Not great when they are sticky. New printer please!

My solution was to use a well established supplier of these types of paper as the paper is much thicker so it doesn't curl inside the printer when it is heated (The label adhesive is much better too), and invested in a decent quality laser printer with rear exit tray so the paper has less opportunity to curl up.

Not sure if it is cool to add links here but in the UK, Priory Direct sell the good quality paper, and my laser printer of choice is the Kyocera FS-4100DN.
Old 07-23-2016

Quote:
Would you care to share with me which type of shipping labels are good brands for me to use with my inkjet printer (canon)?

Ink for my printer is pretty cheap so I don't think I'll bother to upgrade for some time. Just got that printer too and I don't do a whole lot of printing either.
Old 07-23-2016

Quote:
Seconded. I had a bunch of issues in my old laser printed using paper with integrated address labels. The issue was using cheap paper, such as that which swamps your favourite selling sites (it is cheap for a reason). They just buckled when they got hot, and wrapped around the rollers. Not great when they are sticky. New printer please!

My solution was to use a well established supplier of these types of paper as the paper is much thicker so it doesn't curl inside the printer when it is heated (The label adhesive is much better too), and invested in a decent quality laser printer with rear exit tray so the paper has less opportunity to curl up.

Not sure if it is cool to add links here but in the UK, Priory Direct sell the good quality paper, and my laser printer of choice is the Kyocera FS-4100DN.
Which brand of label paper should i use? I bought my old one off ebay and most sellers are just selling you labels but not stating anything about which brands they are.
Old 07-24-2016

Quote:
Which brand of label paper should i use? I bought my old one off ebay and most sellers are just selling you labels but not stating anything about which brands they are.
Avery would probably treat you well, but empty your wallet.

I'm not sure who you could go to in the US to find decent labels, maybe someone local can chime in?
Old 07-24-2016

Longevity: 69%

Quote:

Zebra Gk420d. It replaced the lp2844 a few years ago. I bought mine new in 2013, i think near or just over $400. Came with a 2 year warranty, never needed it.it prints flawlessly.
Best money ive ever spent.
The older ones especially the ups branded ones are much harder to set up & keep running.
With these newer ones, Even without having java working correctly or any hard to find drivers i can print from ebay every time also, it has never failed me using stamps.com.

I dont swindle the free labels from ups, too much hastle & they always have their trademark on each label, the post office is supposed to refuse them. threereeb on ebay sells them real cheap if you order big.
Ive printed tens of thousands of labels on mine & it aint slowing down any time soon. I can print 50 in one shot with ebay shipping. I know ive saved hundreds probably a thousand or two these last 3 years on paper, ink ,time. Especially time. Its a no brainer.

Last edited by jojo2012; 07-24-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Would you care to share with me which type of shipping labels are good brands for me to use with my inkjet printer (canon)?

Ink for my printer is pretty cheap so I don't think I'll bother to upgrade for some time. Just got that printer too and I don't do a whole lot of printing either.
I buy my labels 2000 at a time from eBay. Not sure the brand, but they have a "5 star" emblem thing on the back of the paper (the non-sticker part),
Old 07-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2012 View Post
Zebra Gk420d. It replaced the lp2844 a few years ago. I bought mine new in 2013, i think near or just over $400. Came with a 2 year warranty, never needed it.it prints flawlessly.
Best money ive ever spent.
The older ones especially the ups branded ones are much harder to set up & keep running.
With these newer ones, Even without having java working correctly or any hard to find drivers i can print from ebay every time also, it has never failed me using stamps.com.

I dont swindle the free labels from ups, too much hastle & they always have their trademark on each label, the post office is supposed to refuse them. threereeb on ebay sells them real cheap if you order big.
Ive printed tens of thousands of labels on mine & it aint slowing down any time soon. I can print 50 in one shot with ebay shipping. I know ive saved hundreds probably a thousand or two these last 3 years on paper, ink ,time. Especially time. Its a no brainer.
I swindle the free ones from Fedex. They come in a roll of 425 labels each, instead of the normal 250 labels. The trick is to order 1 or 2 rolls at a time every other day.

The love the ones from Fedex vs the ones I buy from ebay. The roll is bigger, still fits in the Zebra printer, the labels are better. The peel off smother and stick to packages much better, and they are free.
Old 07-24-2016

Quote:
Avery would probably treat you well, but empty your wallet.

I'm not sure who you could go to in the US to find decent labels, maybe someone local can chime in?
Thanks for the info. They're pretty cheap on ebay actually. Will look to pickup a pack.